My Big Fat Greek Box Office! Biggest Indie Film Ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
According to EOnline...

WEDDING STORY: My Big Fat Greek Wedding taking in an estimated $8.4 million over the weekend to bring its dowry to $147.9 million. That makes the romantic comedy the highest grossing independent movie ever, surpassing the $140.5 million scared up by The Blair Witch Project.

For those of you who saw Wedding, what did you think of it? Worth the hype, or decent film but overhyped?

Discuss!! :)

i absolutely loved this movie. it was so cute and so hilarious. being greek i found certain characters and one-liners particuarly funny. i went with my mom and parts kept reminding me of things she and my grandma say all the time. my mom loved it so much she's seen it three times and she never sees anything more than once. she took my 89-year-old grandma (who's from greece) and she said she laughed so hard she was almost crying. :laugh:

it's just a really sweet story. i'd recommend seeing it.

:up:

That movie was hilarious and totally worth the hype! It's a bit predictable, but I would hardly consider that a negative factor. Well acted, good script. Great laugh! :D

Very very cute movie, John Corbett is totally drool-worthy. I am not Greek, but it's one of those "my-family-is-crazy" movies that anyone can relate to. I would definitely watch it again (if someone paid for my movie ticket :) ).

I :heart: that movie-very cute and funny.

They are supposedly going to make it a TV show next year.

I read that the studio-Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson helped to get it made-wanted to change it to Irish or Italian wedding to have more 'widespread' appeal :rolleyes: It was based on a play written and acted in by Nia Vardalos, the star of the movie.

I had Greek neighbors at one time, and I did laugh at some of the similarities-my neighbors were such wonderful people :)

rita wilson is greek. i think that's why she invested. it only cost something like $5 million to make. i'm actually kind of excited about the tv show. it could be really cute. they got the whole cast except john corbett to sign.

Great flick!

This movie was hilarious!! Screaming that is :laugh: about your grandma laughing so hard!

Gina- I heard even they wanted to make it a Mexican film with Jennifer Lopez as the star. :rolleyes: Glad Nia didn't sell out!

Coming from a huge Italian family, I could definitely relate. This is what my wedding will be like:

Bride's side of the family:
council.gif

Groom:
:D:)
bluebiggrin.gif
pinkbiggrin.gif

:sexywink:

Last edited:
I loved that movie! it was really funny and I couldnt help but laugh so hard at some parts. Its definitely worth the hype. I hope it gets made into a tv series, that I would watch:yes:

I :heart: that movie! It definitely lives up to the hype- I highly recommend it. It's hilarious and will make you leave the theater with a smile. Definitely a feel-good movie. :)

I am so very very pleased about this. I thought it was a great movie and I hope it gets Oscar noms. Nia is a truly gifted woman and I can't wait to see what she does next.

I really loved this movie.. the best comedy I've seen this year.

I heard they were discussing a sequel -- set in Greece.. a family vacation, I think. I really hope they do either the sequel or the TV show. :D

Did you know that the word "U2" is actually greek?
Yeah the greek word "U" which means rock, and the greek word "2" which means roll.

Very funny movie, well worth the price of admission.
And thank Gawd it surpassed the Blair Itch Project...that was the most overhyped piece of crap ever.

this has to be the funniest movie I have ever seen!!! and the part where he proposes :heart: :heart:

im gonna go see it again! :D

Great film!

This movie was fantastic - sweet, hilarious, well-acted.

I saw it with my mother, who was in a big fat Greek wedding. She was the only non-Greek in the wedding party, and possibly the church for that matter, and she didn't know what the hell was going on. The wedding was her best friend's and my mother could see a lot of her family in the movie family. :D

That movie had like the slowest rise to #1 EVER... it came out MONTHS ago...
but :up: :yes: for it cos I'm friends with the daughter of the director.
I haven't seen it though...
*hides*

Back
Top Bottom