My attempt at a (much-needed) techno/trance thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
Seriously, why are there hardly any topics in here regarding techno and trance music? It is some beautiful, energetic stuff, and I love listening to it at night while I just sit here in my room. It creates an incredible mood. So lets talk Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, BT, Sasha and Digweed, DJ Tiesto, Delerium, and the like. Discuss, promote, live it! BWAAAAHHH!!!! :)

Im with you foxxern baby!!!
Van Dyk is awesome. I tend to listen to albums or sets and usually the tracks that i particularly love end up being done by him.
I might be going to a club playing Armin Van Buuren and John Fleming over the october long weekend. Still gotta get tix though!

do u think oakenfold is getting a lil mainstream now though? im starting to get sick of all these girly singers whining over the top of these mainstream trance tracks. im starting to get more into the hardcore trance stuff at the moment.
my other fave at present is ian van dahl.
dj tiesto is big at gatecrasher right?

one of the greatest tracks ever is delerium's silence.
saltwater by chiccane is another i love.

wanna come clubbin on the weekend foxy?
578569.jpg

Dance music is amazing. I too have moved away from the more mainstream stuff into more hardcore beats. At the moment I am listening to lots of Future Sound of London and Chiccane. DJ Shadow is meant to be good too but I havent heard much.

:dance: :dance:

This is going to sound pretty lame, but the Tomb Raider Soundtrack had some pretty cool dance/techno stuff on it. It's seriously one of the best over all soundtracks (excluding the NIN song which I kinda hate) I've heard in a long time. Anyways, it's got some good electronic music on it, that's all I have to say.

Any Kruder and Dorfmeister or Theivery Corp listeners? They are awesome imo.

I think Oakenfold is becoming a little mainstream, but still some very good stuff from Him. Of his stuff that I have, his CD Resident which is pretty sweet as are some of the live sets I have from him and PVD

FYI - http://www.digitallyimported.net is pretty sweet.

Foxxern said:
Seriously, why are there hardly any topics in here regarding techno and trance music? It is some beautiful, energetic stuff, and I love listening to it at night while I just sit here in my room. It creates an incredible mood. So lets talk Oakenfold, Paul van Dyk, BT, Sasha and Digweed, DJ Tiesto, Delerium, and the like. Discuss, promote, live it! BWAAAAHHH!!!! :)

I would venture to say that there are hardly any topics about dance/trance/techno here because that music, while popular within its scene and people who are interested in it, it doesn't necessarily have widespread appeal, widespread coverage and/or media attention, other than when Eminem insults the genre.

My "little brother" makes incredible breakbeat electronica and has gotten mucho recognition and props from BT about it. Which is awesome of BT as popular as he is in that scene to take the time to be friends with a teenager. I'm proud of both of them.

I don't talk about it because I have had very little exposure to great trance/techno music. I like certain things when I hear it but I usually don't know who it is. It's a whole genre of music I want to get into so I'm going to be lurking in here. Turn me on! Educate me! I'm yours!

Don't you just know that when I have more than a moment I will thoroughly ROCK this thread!

Electronic/dance music is such an incredibly broad genre, and comprises most of my listening.

Right now I will just say that every living human should hear the track "Born Slippy" by underworld. yeah, the one from trainspotting. gooood shit.

ive been listening to underworld a lot lately skeeker.

COWGIRL ROCKS :D :D

Cowgirl said:
one of the greatest tracks ever is delerium's silence.

wanna come clubbin on the weekend foxy?
578569.jpg

Yeah, I love that song. Cool video too.

I'd take you up on the clubbin offer if not for all this damn homework. Good stuff though, keep the replies coming.

Cowgirl said:
ive been listening to underworld a lot lately skeeker.

COWGIRL ROCKS :D :D

is that the new underworld cd manda? i heard it at work the other day and i blew my mind.

great thread!

i recently bought isdn by future sound of london. i talk about them enough, so i wont get into it anymore.

skeek, im going to download that song you suggest, as i have not seen the movie nor do i know the song you are talking about. heard very good things about underworld though.

yes Techno music is great, well actually seeing as though 'Electronica' is a very large genre I will re-phrase and say that trance, ambient and break-beat is great. great, great music.....I can dig a lot of the artists that you have already mentioned, especially Chicane, Oakenfold, Sasha and Digweed but to this list I will also add,

ORBITAL< ORBITAL>ORBITAL. :)

- Ian Pooley - Since Then

anyone else have this? Its been around a while, but I love it.

I have been listening to the Ultra Chilled 01 and 02 albums recently. I think that they rock.

My God!! I just bought A Hundred Days Off by Underworld. This CD is just amazing!! Definately my pick Dance CD for 2003!!

:drool:

Mistress Barbra - Awesome, saw her about a year or so ago and she was really really good, much better than what I was expecting.

Oakie - def. losing his grip on reality lol Not to keen on things he's done lately, but still very into the older stuff

Sasha and Digweed - saw them earlier this year/late last year...fucking *drrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooool
SO good...they were tag teaming it till 3 am then Digweed stayed on by himself till 4:30 or so. By that time most of the ppl had left and it was just a great time with those who were left over. Best workout of my life!

Tiesto - starting to get into him

Deep Dish - love love love

just downloaded altogether and snivilisation by orbital
3 albums by thievery corp.

conjure one's new album is awesome!!!

cowgirl is also awesome as well. Underworld is playing in a week in Toronto, but it is fucking 19 +. you don't understand how mad that makes me :mad: have you seen the everything everything dvd?

they are beyond incredible live.

fuck. fuck. fuck. fuck.

Those two Orbital albums that you got Skeek are both pretty good, however I personally believe that their best one is 'the brown album' it has the classic ambient song on it - 'Halcyon & on & on'- if you love ethereal vocals and lovely ambient music, then this song is a must have for anyone into this style of electronica........I have just downloaded DJ Shadow's new album - The Private Press, and it is very nice indeed- nice ambient, break-beat sound:)

Oz.. don't worry I already have the brown album and In-sides. In-Sides is probably my favourite orbital album.

Last edited:
I have a new favourite DJ peoples!!!

Armin van Buuren from Germany (i think?) is totally amazing! Manda and I saw him live on Sunday night in Sydney and he totally blew my mind!!

Anyone else into him? Heard of him?

Yes, Armin was awesome. I think I was so blown away at the time I didnt even realize it.
That music is incredibly uplifting, why anyone needs to do drugs while that music is playing is beyond me! :laugh:
The guy is such a crowd pleaser too, he obviously adores what he does and he was getting off on the crowd bigtime.
He aint bad lookin either!!

Im pretty sure Cowgirl is off another Underworld album, Im not sure which.

DJ Tiesto.. gatecrasher legend.

Jon, we didnt make it into any inthemix pics thank goodness lol

if anyone has any suggestions on groups or artists that make music as beautiful as "meeting in the aisle" by radiohead, please let me know.

any of you listen to papua new guinea yet by radiohead? if so what did you think? i made a thread about them a while back, but i dont know if any of you read/or listened to it.

papua new guinea by radiohead? did they cover the fsol song?

Get the box by orbital. then get fly and gorecki by lamb. and water from a vine leaf by william orbit

haha my mistake. no radiohead didnt cover that song. thanks for the suggestions though!

Hey....

Well...even though there is still some interesting electronical music, most of it lost it's touch... The most interesting thing back in the 80's when this scene started was it's originality...That mostly faded away, alas....ah well....I still like most dance-music, except for the imitating mainstream stuff....

On another note....I founded my own dance-organisation in The Netherlands a while ago.... I produce for that, and we arrange parties, Check Bitz & Beatz. :wink:

There are some Mp3's downloadable....I go under the names 'Daniel De La Boule' and 'Melomanique', and I am 'Den' in the duo 'Wes & Den'. Go check it out, if you like dance-music, you might like these tracks....

Thanx, Dee.

my love i want u so, sugar you make my soul complete

im back with another tune u should check out...
i cant get enough of Iio.. Rapture at the moment. Van Buuren mix of course!!!!

rapture tastes so sweeeeeet

GET it
LISTEN
LOVE :yes: :yes: :yes:

Cowgirl said:
Im pretty sure Cowgirl is off another Underworld album, Im not sure which.
dubnobasswithmyheadman

the human search engine will be so proud of me!

thank you salomey
he would be very proud but im sure he wont look in this thread lol
how do u say that to the record store guy anyway?

ok so now underworld is headlining the big day out this yr. oh whatever shall i do?!

Back
Top Bottom