My attempt at a (much-needed) techno/trance thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Orbital :up:
Born Slippy Underworld :up:
Delirium :up:
Paul Oakenfold :up:

I have just recently started liking and recognizing Paul Oakenfold's stuff (I know, I'm WAY out of it). I was pleasantly surprised to read in "U2 at the End of the World" that Paul Oakenfold was the U2 deejay on the Zoo TV tour! :p

Can't have a techno thread without a mention of the CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!! 4 albums and a mix album and still not a bad 1! They're amazing, and live they'll just blow you away!
My fave techno artists besides them are
Underworld
DJ Shadow
Cornelius
Leftfield
Bentley Rhythm Ace
Death In Vegas

If you were gonna check out any of them, be it CORNELIUS! Japanese genius, his album Fantasma is fantastic! He also does lotsa mixes for Blur, Manics, Beck and many more

And another thing, going seeing this DJ tomorrow, he is meant to be unreal, DJ Dexter, from the band "The Avalanches", anybody know him? Or them? Apparently he has won the international mixing awards 2 years running! Can't wait, scratch that shiiit!

bono_man said:
I have a new favourite DJ peoples!!!

Armin van Buuren from Germany (i think?) is totally amazing! Manda and I saw him live on Sunday night in Sydney and he totally blew my mind!!

Anyone else into him? Heard of him?

I have some live sets of his that are awesome.

Indeed they are zooropa_manda:p
You know of em? If not, check em out! Golly gosh now I see why that guy Dexter won the World DJ Mixing contest twice, absolutely feckin unreal gig!!!! Everythin from Aphex Twin, Chemical Brothers, Jimmy Hendrix, Squarepusher, Snoop Dogg, Dre, it was tasty!:yes:

yes i know of them. they won a truckload of awards here last year.
i still think the chems are my fave boys.
they are in a class of their own.
i just bought a gods kitchen cd and am lovin it baby.

digi..ive started to download some sets but man they are so huge. you gotta see armin if u get the chance. the guy is a god.

Dj Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise compilations (there are 3 so far) are all quite phenomenal!

zooropamanda said:
tiesto is awesome skeeker
at present im in love with a lil ditty from a while ago by Delerium which he mixed called Innocente :drool:

That's the one with Leigh Nash, right? Incredible track.

Melon recommended some Orbital to me a while ago, and I gotta say they are awesome. I've been meaning to get some stuff by Avalanches and Underworld as well.

Yeah Foxxy, the chick from that sixpence none the richer group.
Its funny actually because the 2 songs I love by Delerium, that one and Silence both have vocals by 2 chicks I dont usually like. I dont like their music anyway. But on those tracks, their vocals are awesome!

zooropamanda said:
Yeah Foxxy, the chick from that sixpence none the richer group.
Its funny actually because the 2 songs I love by Delerium, that one and Silence both have vocals by 2 chicks I dont usually like. I dont like their music anyway. But on those tracks, their vocals are awesome!

Yup, I feel the same way. Don't care much for any of their actual songs, but when its in trance, it kicks ass. Both of those women have awesome voices.

I'm surprised you dudes/dudettes don't like Sarah McLachlan ... but she does have an incredible voice, you might be interested in some remixes of her tracks i'd specifically recommend hybrid's super collider remix of fear and the dusted remix of angel. They're quite incredible.

And for all you Delerium fans... be absolutely sure you check out Conjure One, the new solo project from Rhys Fulber. It's very incredible, though not so easy to find.

SkeeK said:
I'm surprised you dudes/dudettes don't like Sarah McLachlan ... but she does have an incredible voice, you might be interested in some remixes of her tracks i'd specifically recommend hybrid's super collider remix of fear and the dusted remix of angel. They're quite incredible.

And for all you Delerium fans... be absolutely sure you check out Conjure One, the new solo project from Rhys Fulber. It's very incredible, though not so easy to find.

You're just saying that cause she's a Canuck. ;)

Actually I like some of her stuff. Angel is incredibly beautiful, and Building A Mystery is good too. The rest... I don't know, just doesn't interest me. I'll have to check the remixes though.

I've had some stuff from Conjure One for a while now. It's very cool, really reminds me a lot of Massive Attack and Portishead. One of these days I'll have to get some more of their stuff as well.

how about possession by mclachlan? i didn't think it was possible to dislike that song. I actually just got into her stuff in the last month or two and i really quite enjoy it. nettwerk released an album of remixes of her songs. some are really good, some are kinda not.

Last edited:
I love Frontline Assembly / Delerium, and all the other side projects. Yes, I even have Fulber's "Conjure One" album. ;)

And I'm very much in love with Sarah McLachlan. Her music is fantastic.

Melon

melon said:
And I'm very much in love with Sarah McLachlan. Her music is fantastic.

That's what I'm talking about!!

Groove Armada have a very recent new album, and after the first half, it's verrrry nicuuh (as the french would say)

Last edited:
I enjoy this thread, been listening to Bent recently.. wicked stuff.

Anyway, I must also stress that Way Out West is incredible! Soooo good! you don't understand! wow! omg!

flop flop flip

ALRIGHT! I've had enough! someone else reply to this goddamn thread or I'm going to twist paperclips into the shapes of various polygons and wail about the state of music while eating a tuna sandwich named Wilburforce. and i'm not just all talk. just you wait! I mean don't just wait! reply, and thus spare yourself waiting and my demonstration of the followup to this non-empty threat which I have made. Even though you will have no way of seeing whether or not I follow through on my cruel, hideous and maniacal threat, know ye all, that it shall be done, and the very thought of me carrying through with my threat should be enough to know that it is of utmost imperativeness that you at once hurry to quickly respond to this wonderful thread with all due haste. and lemme tell ya, the haste that is due is one HELL of a lot of haste. more haste that i would know what to do with. so come on, i'm talking to you, come on.

So young, so angry. Damn that rap music. :D

Well I guess I can only contribute so much to this thread, even though its my own. I've been trying to discover as much as possible about new techno, though right now I'm short on time. Most of what I hear is pretty good, aside from the repetitive drivel that I tend to hear at parties. Some of that stuff really sucks.

One of these days I'll have enough time to download all the stuff people have posted in here. And then I will be the queen of summer!!! Um, king, I mean king. :cool:

melon said:
LOL...I like Way Out West as well.

Melon

Fabulicious! I like Nick Warren's Back To Mine album.. very cool. As well as all the other Back To Mine albums.. very cool.

I saw Oakenfold last wednesday in DC....rather interesting. He did do a mix of Staring at the Sun, which was kick ass. About halfway through though he completely stopped. Then The stage was moved around a bit (no music being played at the time). When the curtain was opened again. There was a drummer, video screen and another individual alternating between guitar and bass. With Oak behind the turntable. This was actually the better half of the show in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom