My amazing night with the Whitlams!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Yes folks, Wednesday night I went off and saw one of my favourite Aussie bands at a local venue here on the Sunshine Coast and let me tell you that they, mainly Tim Freedman are one of the best bands one could see live- endearing, rocking, charassmatic, soulful, emotional and spunky are just some of the words that I would use to describe this band live. I have seen them live numerous times, but this was the best gig by far as I got to meet the band, most importantly- Tim!!! and he is just gorgeous to talk to, he was very nice and he signed my cd- a copy of their first CD 'Introducing the Whitlams' with 'Happy 25th Vanessa, Love Tim Freedman' ( a friend shouted me to the gig as a birthday pressie- cool hey!! ) anyway to all of the other Aussies out there- if the Whitlams come to a venue near you, I thoroughly reccomend you check them out, they are a great live band and Tim is a brilliant and emotive lyricist and really is a brilliant frontman:)
137.jpg

metrotim-june.jpg

metroband-june4.jpg

if only. Global Carnival tomorrow...so near

It sounds like an extra special night Aurora, I'm glad you had such a great time. He seems a cool man, puts his heart into his music.I like that word you used ti describe him, 'charassmatic" They have played near here a couple of times but I don't go out that much to venues, especially ones with cover charges/ticket price.I just go and see hub's band ocassionally.Airborne Blues Virus are having their CD launch at Yamba this weekend too, "Get On Down" something else I'll miss, maybe not, stillhopeI know it's all going on though and there is so much quality music happening in Oz. We have some great musicians and bands.
Summer certainly brings on the music. Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom