My adventures in the bookshop....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonsai

The Fly
Earlier today I visited my local bookshop. Anyway, I was in the Mind, Body and Soul section and I came accross a book called The Children Of The Matrix by David Icke. (For those who don't know who he is, he's a former Coventry Goalkeeper and BBC sports presenter who now claims that the world and it contains lizzard!)

I was just flicking through and there was this guy who stood behind me who told me not to read any of his books, as he's a loon (not that I was thinking of purchasing I was just browsing to see what all the fuss was about).

Instead he recommend a few books by an authour called Laurence Gardner, and the first one I should read is Lost Secrets Of The Ark. He told me it's about the quest of the Ark from the bible and its mysteries. It's meant to be as intriguing as the hunt for the Holy Grail, which was the cuplet that Jesus drank from with his diciples during the last supper, at least before the Da Vinci Code called the Holy Grail Jesus' bloodline.

Anyway, we just got talking, and he gave me his email, I know his name is Alex, but that's it. He was almost as mysterious as the Knight's Templars. He recommended a few books, none of them the Da Vinci Code :wink:

But, anyway, as we talked about how people, even nowadays, are suspicious of secret groups such as the Freemasons and the illuminati, he told me that Bob Geldof used to be a Knight in the Freemasons, and Bono is someone who just turns up to social events. That's what he said, not me.....

Anyway, I just wondered what those who read The Lost Secrets Of The Sacred Ark thought about it.

ps: I'm sorry for blabbering on and if my message don't make any sense. I'm a bit tipsy. I just had to break into our own house cos our housemate went out and me my other housemate didn't have the key. Her boyfriend had to help me squeeze through the window :lol:

bonsai said:
(For those who don't know who he is, he's a former Coventry Goalkeeper and BBC sports presenter who now claims that the world and it contains lizzard!)

What???

I meant, the world is hollow and inside they are lizzards who control the 2,000 lizards who are here.

Sorry about that message, I was tipsy. Wine always gets to me

With the thread title, I thought this post would be about someone flashing you their willy or something.

David Icke is a loon who generally believes the world is run by these lizzards, and that they need to drink human blood in order to survive. He's an alternative conspiracy theorists who believes these lizzards can disguise themselves as human beings. In fact they are the British Queen, George W Bush, Tony Blair, Henry Kissenger and Kris Kostofersson. No lie!

He's spent several years in a mental institution (I think you can probably see why)

Originally posted by Canadiens1160:

With the thread title, I thought this post would be about someone flashing you their willy or something.

Nope, no such luck :sexywink:

Aha.......now I know...........that little lizard who keeps staring at me on my back patio is probably...............{oh NO!!!}. :eek:

Next time at the book store check out shape-shifters {they're more interesting}. Me....I head straight for the Tolkien section to spot a new book for my collection...although I do browse other topics of interest. I like it much better than the library...besides you can get coffee and a sandwich. I try not to strike up conversations in bookstores....you always get advise contrary to what you're really looking for. :|

Try and pick up a copy of 'If On A Winter's Night A Traveller' by Italo Calvino next time...one of the most original novels I've ever read. It starts in second-person with you (The Reader) going to buy a book in the bookstore and the mysterious quest that follows.

I went into a bookshop again on saturday and I had a quick flick through The Biggest Secret by David Icke. It looks very ammusing. Apparnantly Princess Diana found out the Queen mum was a shapeshifter who needed human blood to keep her human appearance. That is why she was killed by the Monachy!

Back
Top Bottom