Mute Math in stores Sept. 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went and got it, even though I have the original version from earlier this year. The live EP alone was worth it.

Sound quality is slightly better, but I still think it's over compressed.

Curious that they removed "Without It" and "Polite" and added three tracks from the Reset EP. I think the addition of the Reset songs works well despite the fact that they were already released, but I don't know why they removed the other two songs. I like them.

Ah well, it will make the original pressing become a collector's item, especially if this band ever gets big.

Yeah, they wanted to add "Control," "Reset" and "Plan B" and in the process had to take off "Without It" and "Polite." The disk is nearly 70 minutes, so they couldn't all fit. "Without It" is a pretty cool song though.

And yes, they will be big.

My disc is just over 63 minutes long, and you can fit 80 minutes onto a CD, so they had plenty of room to leave "Without It" and "Polite" on.

But I understand not having the album that long, because sometimes too much can take away from it.

The other thing I noticed after playing it again was that "Break The Same" and "You Are Mine" have been edited by a minute each. Each one has a verse missing. It's not a big deal on "You Are Mine", but I consider "Break The Same" to be the epic on that album, and to edit it is something that I think is a major mistake.

Other than my nitpicking over the differences between the two releases, though, it's still a great album.

:up::up::up:

they're still my favorite new band of the year.

and the Teleprompt version of the album + the Reset single kick ass.

edited Break the Same :down:

I just saw them last night. :faint:

That sucks they're not coming to your cities, guys. When they do, you have to check them out. It's unforgettable.

I'll be honest, I've seen this thread for awhile now. I kept avoiding because I don't like the name "Mutemath". I guessed the music would be punk rock in the same vein as Blink183.

But wow, after hearing them, what a great band! I'm really impressed. I shouldn't screen bands on their name anymore.

Hey guys, if you're just getting into this band, they have an incredible song as the "free download" of the week on iTunes this week. The song is "Plan B," and actually happens to be my favorite on the new album.

Check it out: It'll blow you away. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom