Must Have Comedy DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Okay all you movie buffs, there are some DVDs out there that not only contain a good movie, but have outstanding bonus content as well.

Monty Python & the Holy Grail is a great example. The english subtitles are actually very helpful to catch every joke.

What are your must have comedy dvds????

Office Space is an excellent movie.....but I don't know what bonus content it has. Lots of other people here are obsessed with it too i'm sure they know what else it has.

I recommend The Ben Stiller Show, a short-lived sketch show that aired on Fox in the early '90s. It starred Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo, a pre-obnoxious Andy Dick, and Bob Odenkirk (who later went on to do Mr. Show [also recommended]). It's somewhat dated (a lot of alternative-era MTV spoofing, for instance), but it's hilarious nonetheless.

What I think would be of interest to people here is the absolutely inspired parodies of U2. The very first sketch of the very first episode is a bit on "U2: The Early Years," featuring the band playing a kid's bar mitzvah, set up by their manager Ruben Kincaid.

Later on in the episode is a full-on parody of the "One" video that seriously has to be seen by anyone who's even remotely a U2 fan. It's one of the funniest things ever caught on tape.

The last episode, which I haven't seen yet, apparently starts off with a bit about Zoo TV as a sort of late-night talk show.

The DVD is cheap, and worth it.

Airplane! :yes:

Anything Chaplin... I love that stuff.

And I agree with U2democrat - Office Space definitely! "I was told I could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11... I told Bill that if Sandra can listen to her headphones while she's filing then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating..."

*Animal House
*Dumb and Dumber
*MP and the Holy Grail
*There's Something About Mary
*A Christmas Story

Blackadder
Blackadder II
Blackadder III
Blackadder Goes Forth
the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy
Red Dwarf (all series, although the first 5 are the best)
The Life of Brian
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (I know it's already been mentioned but it's my all time favourite film)
Bottom (both the TV series and the live shows)
anything by Eddie Izzard

:hmm: I think that's enough for now!

Waiting for God (I might be one of three people in America to have ever seen this - and it's such a shame! I'm quite certain that Diana is my role model for my retirement years!!) :)
The Blackadder series
AbFab
Whose Line is it Anyway? (although I'm not sure this is even on DVD.... it should be!!) :wink:

The Princess Bride
A Christmas Story
Raising Arizona (comedy GOLD, people!!)
Beetlejuice
MP & the Holy Grail
The Life of Brian

BluRmGrl said:
Waiting for God (I might be one of three people in America to have ever seen this - and it's such a shame! I'm quite certain that Diana is my role model for my retirement years!!) :)
The Blackadder series
AbFab
Whose Line is it Anyway? (although I'm not sure this is even on DVD.... it should be!!) :wink:

The Princess Bride
A Christmas Story
Raising Arizona (comedy GOLD, people!!)
Beetlejuice
MP & the Holy Grail
The Life of Brian

Add me to the list of people in America who have seen Waiting for God :D Awesome show.

I also want to add to my list:
-any Monty Python
-all the Blackadder series
-AbFab
-Who's Line
-and Dane Cook's new dvd

Back
Top Bottom