Musicians you would like to take a swing at...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I still like the man, I just really don't like his political activism. I love the enthusiasm, and wanting to save the world, but go about like you did in the Zoo TV days, write songs like Bullet, SBS, etc to get your messages across. The speeches before One on the past tour was painful.

came in here to post nickelback and i was too late. then i thought hey ill kick bono's ass, he boxes it'd be fun im 6' 6" and he's like 5'2". too late again. so my pick is shirley manson, but i'd miss on purpose so she can beat me up :drool:

lazarus said:
I hate a lot of people, so this might be a long list.

#2 Liam and Noel Gallagher. Does this need an explanation? These guys are probably the biggest assholes in music, who cares if it's an act? You don't wish AIDS on one of your musical peers just because they come from a higher income bracket. I wouldn't punch them myself, but I'd hold them down while Damon Albarn beat them within an inch of their lives.

They'd smash you and Damon

I know you shouldn't speak bad of the dead and all but I would have loved to have had a go at whiney individuals like Jeff Buckley and Elliot Smith
Thom Yorke will have to do now

U2DMfan said:
Aaron Lewis, you get a special mention outside of the Nickelback brigade scourge. You and that fuck Sully, from Godsmack. You should be struck over the head with Layne Staley's skull on a rope.

Best entry in the thread so far.

Thank you for making me look restrained.

Coldplay_ChrisMartin_150x2001.JPG

So much hate. :happy: :|

When I read Zoomerang's post, I went "Oh yeah, Bono!!!" I don't know if I wanna punch him but I've been disappointed in him this decade, if it's not already obvious.

I can agree that R Kelly needs a good shot in the face. And I was a fan from his start with Public Announcement. Slow Jam was my big night closer back in my Djing days. I think he's seriously lost his mind.

But Michael Jackson...man honestly, I'm so saddened by him. I'd probably want to sit down and try and figure out what the fuck is going on with him. Try to convince him to turn himself around like a few of the other stars of his heydey (by that I mean the pinnacle, the 80s) and get out there for a great world tour. Have you ever seen one of his concerts? Flat out amazing. It would be nice to see him back. I totally abhor and condemn the sort of behaviour he is accused of, but it's really hard to know how much of it is true, and he's a survivor of something I'm well acquainted with so I know just how messed up he could be...

Really, I'd more like to hug Michael and try talk some sense into him.

1. This thread amuses me
2. Dave Matthews. I fucking hate DMB and their shitty hardcore fanbase (i'm talking the people that fuckin live for DAVE man, its all about DAVE, like DMB invented jam bands). His music is boring (also, wow, real original name for your band asshole), I hate his voice, and his eyebrows are irritating.
3. Scott Stapp...like this even needs explanation
4. The Panic at the Disco singer and anyone else who sings like that. A kick in the ovaries woud do for them.
5. Soulja Boy and whoever decided that qualified as music... shittiest beat ever. How this is popular I cannot fathom. Simply awful.
6. There's plenty more I'm sure that I can't think of right now...I hate a lot of stuff. But I love more than I hate.

Anu said:
Speaking as a pacifist of course, let's just start with the people who talk at shows.
seconded.

i wouldn't take a swing at anyone, but i'd say mean things to people like adam levine. he acts soooo sensitive and "girl done me wrong," but he's been spotted with about 500 women since becoming famous. obviously he wasn't TOO broken up about her.

justin timberlake is getting too big for his britches. he's got talent, but it seems he's starting to think he's god. living in his "hometown" means i've heard lots of stories about him.

which brings me to...people like justin timberlake and evanesence. they're not FROM this town, yet the press claims they are. please, the towns they're actually from can have them, we don't want them!!

i'm seconding the neck tattoos thing. they're ugly. i love tattoos, but they make guys necks look small and fat. or maybe only guys like that get neck tattoos. whatever.

dave matthews band: i'm sure some megafan will come in and correct me, but i still can't believe they have that much popularity, when they're only known for a couple hits. plus those songs aren't that good.

I can't really think of anyone I'd like to slap (well...the people who talk during concerts, but them I'd much rather zap with a stun gun and kick 'em to the curb :wink: ), but I do wish someone would give Tori Amos a tube of Vagisil. That poor woman always looks so uncomfortable when she performs. :yikes:

Things associated with Nickelback. Most rappers. Most techno ... creators(?). Ted Nugent. Whoever decided that it would be a good idea to play that John Mellencamp song over and over again in commercials. John Mellencamp for agreeing to it. Johnny Rotten.

And, last, probably Nickelback a second time, just like how they make at least two different singles out of the same song with a few different words.

indra said:
I do wish someone would give Tori Amos a tube of Vagisil. That poor woman always looks so uncomfortable when she performs. :yikes:

Really? She seemed fine when I saw her a week back! Maybe her quirky nature and way of talking is throwing you off. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

Really? She seemed fine when I saw her a week back! Maybe her quirky nature and way of talking is throwing you off. :wink:

Trust me, it's not the way she talks. :wink:

Well, it's been a while since I've seen Tori in concert, but she does get quite a bit ... squirmy on that piano bench.

Back
Top Bottom