musicians of the opposite sex that you find attractive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
intedomine said:

You ain't got no proof that these sheilas don't write their own lyrics, and these sheilas are always gonna lend something of their own to a song's vocal. Their own interpretation of the lyrics, sung in a particular style.

Anyway, this ain't meant to be a poncy highbrow-lowbrow argumentative thread about a "musician's" credibility, it's about who is hot...

Why d'yer write in such big letters anyway?

I'm not 100% sure, but this is probably my favorite post of all time.

Besides the 2 ladies I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd like to add Nora Jones, who I think is beautiful, and Fiona Apple. If they were mentioned earlier, forgive me.

Zootlesque said:

This guy?

64gilmour.jpg

Or this guy?

david_gilmour-6685.jpg

:wink:

Both. :drool: Young David is...well, just plain hot. Now, he's got that dignified older man thing going on. :drool:

VintagePunk said:

I just saved this. :lame: :reject:

Don't be :reject: about it. Many lovely ladies will gladly admit that they have stared at that .gif for minutes at a time. :wink:

Also, I stole that from GibsonGirl.

I'm going to stick up for 'night and day' here and say that yes I agree, some of the performers listed here are not technically musicians, they are entertainers.
(although I'll be slightly more subtle ;):))

The definatition of a musician is 'one who composes, conducts or performs music'

I listed Elvis as a hottie, but even though he played some nice looking Gibson guitars in his early years, his guitar experience was limited and would probably be classed more as an entertainer.

I think we all realise that Brittany, Christina and Posh aren't going to measure up on the same technical musical level as Hendrix or Page.

Maybe these ladies did add a line, or a phrase to their respective songs, but i'd class them more as entertainers, not musicians.

but lets face it, when it comes to the skill level of a drop dead gorgeous babe ...... somehow, we can't see past that cute ass or those big baby blue eyes :drool:

hhmmmm .... I just discovered this definition of a musician, which kinda blows the theory that a singer is not a musician.

http://www.answers.com/topic/musician

A musician is a person who plays or composes music. Musicians can be classified by their role in creating or performing music:

A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
Both singer and instrumentalist can be improvisers, who create real time music.
Composers and songwriters write music.
A conductor coordinates a musical ensemble.

Sibley said:
hhmmmm .... I just discovered this definition of a musician, which kinda blows the theory that a singer is not a musician.

A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.

Um, isn't that what Billie Piper, Britney and the like do?

Without access to Billie and Britney's recording sessions, I struggle to see much difference between what they do and what Bono and Morrissey do.

If anything, Bono and Morrissey are more like poets than musicians. That's not something I necessarily believe in, but it's just begininng to seem that way if Billie and Britney aren't allowed to be recognised as musicians.

intedomine said:

Um, isn't that what Billie Piper, Britney and the like do?

Without access to Billie and Britney's recording sessions, I struggle to see much difference between what they do and what Bono and Morrissey do.

If anything, Bono and Morrissey are more like poets than musicians. That's not something I necessarily believe in, but it's just begininng to seem that way if Billie and Britney aren't allowed to be recognised as musicians.

Yes, thats what I was saying.

I found two different contradictory definitions for the meaning of a musician.
I originally posted that a musician is a composer or player of music, but then I found the other definition of a musician, which states that a singer uses their voice as an instrument ..... therefore, according to that definition, they are a musician.

I don't however, think they can be compared to Hendrix or Page.

What it all boils down to, is they are all performers, artists and entertainers, with musical talent of some sort

and some are way hotter than others .....

so yes, lets get back to the perving .... uummm I mean admiration

night_and_day66 said:

BUT....i dont appreciate the 'get over yourself, a superiority complex is never attractive' comment...
i have an opinion, so do you, and we are at odds with only that.

Well, when you say that you're "beyond this shit" and that what I had to say (which wasn't an opinion, it was a fact -- that Beyonce and Nelly Furtado do write their own material) made you want to vomit, I'm going to get a little annoyed. I was harsh, too, and I'm sorry for that.

I'm not a fan of either of those two (or Mariah, for that matter), but it seems more like your extremely negative reaction to them stems from the fact that you don't like their music. You consider Bono a musician because he writes vocal melodies and lyrics... well, so do Beyonce, Mariah, and Furtado. Don't like what they write? Fine, but just because it's pop doesn't mean it isn't music.

No, I'm not going to defend Posh or Britney. They're pretty indefensible. :wink:

This can all be answered in one simple question.

Are people in a chorus musicians or not?

They are of course musicians, regardless if they can read music or write it. It takes a lot of skill to be able to sing in harmonies, or keep on pitch, follow rhythm...
That makes a whole lot of people musicians.

Think of all the sexiness we can find now :drool: :drool:

As someone who cannot sing to save her life, I think anyone who can sing, regardless of who the hell wrote the song, is muscially talented, and therefore more of a musician than me. So dictionary definitions aside, everyone has their own interpretation of what a musician is. Some of these people are train wrecks, but they have more musical talent in their little finger than I can ever hope to have. As far as I'm concerned, the fact I've heard of them, regardless of what level of input they had into the final product, qualifies them to be in this thread. That's just me though. If I had a higher standard would I really waste my time critiquing (sp) choices instead of annoying other threads? No, I'd admire the pics (which we need more of BTW - specially a Bryan Ferry Roxy music one - thanks :D) and move along....

Rob Dickinson. He has a huge head, weird as hell eyes, we have no clue what he's doing with his hair ever (and we don't think he does either), he has a rather pointy nose -- and yet -- especially in person -- he's absolutely magnetic. :yes:

robdickinson.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

As Pla said, don't feel lame; the Smoochy Gilmour icon does his comment rounds on my LiveJournal quite frequently. :wink: Most women with functioning hormonal systems find that little assortment of frames rather hot.

For you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjuSbxVFUA

70's hair. Work it, David!

I also like his guitar playing, too. :shifty:

Thanks. :)

elevation2u said:

random guilty pleasure:
young (emphasis on the young) bob dylan

:shh:

i agree

Young-Dylan-right.jpg

what a cutie :heart:

the guys from Bloc Pary are quite cute...especially Matt Tong and Gordon Moakes.

matt:
Press_102.jpg

gordy:
Press_90.jpg

and of course Bono...all of U2 at some point though I don't fancy Adam or Larry much at this point. Adam was hottest in the late 80's, Larry during Pop, Edge as a youngin (so adorable!), and Bono either during Zoo or Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom