Music videos that ruin their respective songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pearl Jam, Jeremy

Despite winning several awards, if I'm not mistaken a fan approached Vedder and told him that he didn't like the video overwhelming his own imagining of the song, and after that Pearl Jam stopped making them altogether.

lazarus said:
Pearl Jam, Jeremy

Despite winning several awards, if I'm not mistaken a fan approached Vedder and told him that he didn't like the video overwhelming his own imagining of the song, and after that Pearl Jam stopped making them altogether.

Sidenote: I have friend who was a few classrooms down the day that that happened, she heard the shot (the song is based on a true story), to this day she can't listen to that song...

I understand leaving some songs up to interpretation but I also understand that some songs need a video like Jeremy.

I can't think of many videos that actually ruined the song, but seeing U2 as the Village People scarred me for quite awhile...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

It wasn't so much them dressing up as much as it was Bono dressed as a cop thrusting into the camera. :yikes:

You definitely don't have any PLEBAn in your blood.

I wanna know what songs you're linking to! I'm at work and can't (well, won't) click on them. :sad:

Can you please name the videos you're linking to for us poor slobs stuck at a desk?

corianderstem said:
I wanna know what songs you're linking to! I'm at work and can't (well, won't) click on them. :sad:

Can you please name the videos you're linking to for us poor slobs stuck at a desk?

My link was from this bizarre and borderline disturbing video for (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher. Pimp suits, afros, and claymation FTW.

Props to MC Skat Cat, he did it like no other could. I'm sorry I mean MC Scat Kat. The "K" made him street

Back
Top Bottom