Music Videos That Freak You Out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I was watching some videos online...and I happened upon "Sober" by Tool. God, I remember the first time I saw that video...didn't it come out in the early 90's? I'm thinking '93? Anyway...I used to have nightmares about that damn video...I was in the video with that weird clay dude or whatever he was. :crazy: It was so freaky.

I swear I'm gonna have a nightmare tonight now after watching it again...:shifty: :uhoh:...that clay dude used to just scare the crap outta me.

So...am I the only weirdo here, or are there any videos that freak you guys out?

Prediction: 72983791 people are going to say that an Aphex Twin video scared them (Come to Daddy, probably)

Aphex Twin doesn't bother me as much.. I actually bought the Come to Daddy video for my boyfriend.

Any TOOL video makes me :shocked: and :barf: I hate to say this, but the darkness and disgust displayed in their videos seriously turned me off to ever liking this band.

Well thanks to my sweet, safe MTV Asia, the freakiest video I can claim to have seen on TV is Basement Jaxx's Where's Your Heat At, although I thought that was funny. I thought Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box had some weird bits in it (although I've only seen it once), and the concept behind Jeremy by Pearl Jam was a bit disturbing. Otherwise, they never actually show Tool or Aphex Twin, so I can't comment. (Actually, they did show Tool on Linkin Park's Top Ten Favourite Videos but I changed the channel).

:crack: Tool videos

freak me out.

What else...

O the J. Lo one where Ben Aflleck is rubbing her :censored:

Wait maybe that's not what you meant :slant: :shifty:

when i was little, tom petty's don't come around here video scared the crap out of me. for real. they ate alice in wonderland. :uhoh: :sad:

now i think of that whenever i hear the song.

Screaming Flower said:
when i was little, tom petty's don't come around here video scared the crap out of me. for real. they ate alice in wonderland. :uhoh: :sad:

now i think of that whenever i hear the song.

:crack: YES!

Also Tori Amos' "A Sorta Fairytale" kinda weirds me out :uhoh:

tori amos: a sorta fairytale
queens of the stone age: no one knows :uhoh:
justin timberlake: cry me a river.. he is just too damn obsessed.
any system of a down videos :no:

gee if MTV ever played any music videos i could prolly answer this.

well i never watch tv anyways but still...

i hope i never see a tool video. :ohmy:

I got my sister a box set of Tool videos for Christmas this year. Um yeah..something I was not prepared for :no: :ohmy:

And that Robbie Williams one :yuck: :barf:

Yeah, System of a Down videos are disturbing. So is that Robbie Williams vid- I don't enjoy seeing him do pelvic thrusts in little bikini briefs and then strip his skin off! :yuck:

There are some freaky Nine Inch Nails videos. I remember the one for Closer is particularly strange.

Bjork had a video for "Human Behaviour" that was really out there.

The Robbie Williams video...ah, yes (which was for the song "Rock DJ"). The song was kinda cool, but the video was...gross.

And I agree with the video for "A Sorta Fairytale"...that is just...um...yeah...odd.

"Thriller" scared the crap out of me when I was little. Now it's basically Michael Jackson that's the only scary part of the video to me. ;).

"Come To Daddy"...I've just seen clips of that video, that one looks really weird.

Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" video freaks me out big time. I love the video, I think it's a great video...but Eddie Vedder looks...evil...in it or something...and then there's the way the words are written in that childlike handwriting against that black background...and the way the video ends, with the kid and the gun going off and then the class sitting there frozen in horror...sends chills up my spine.

Metallica's "One" video is rather chilling, especially at the end, where the guy's laying there saying, "S.O.S." and it's quiet and he's all alone...creepy.

Has anyone here seen the video for Nine Inch Nails' "Closer"?

That video is seriously fucked up beyond reason.

Angela

Ooh, another video I thought of:

The Talking Heads' "Burning Down The House" video...the faces on the road and the side of the house and all that...very odd video.

The Talking Heads have had some weird videos anyway...like their "Once In A Lifetime" video-I love the song, and I think the video's good...but David Byrne looks like he's having a seizure in the video, LOL.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
The Talking Heads have had some weird videos anyway...like their "Once In A Lifetime" video-I love the song, and I think the video's good...but David Byrne looks like he's having a seizure in the video, LOL.

:lol: !!!!
:yes:

"Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes was very creepy--all sorts of creepy crawling things like snakes in it! Ewww!
I agree about the Tool videos; they are negative and ugly.
Metallica's "One" is a very sad, upsetting video; you can't help but feel really badly for that soldier.

Pearl Jam's Jeremy stays with you for awhile...and Eddie seriously looks like the devil toward the end.

I had nightmares for weeks about Thriller when I was little, so that ALWAYS gives me the chills.

VH1 doesn't play many freaky videos in the morning when I watch them, so that's all I know of!

Bonochick said:
"Sober" by Tool
I actually get a good laugh everytime I see that video, thanks to Beavis and Butthead.
When B&B were watching that video, and the part with the little clay guy flailing his arm at a bazillion miles per hour comes on, Beavis says,"Wow, if I could move my arm that fast, I'd never leave the house, mmm hmm heh".

Re: Re: Music Videos That Freak You Out

Hewson said:

I actually get a good laugh everytime I see that video, thanks to Beavis and Butthead.
When B&B were watching that video, and the part with the little clay guy flailing his arm at a bazillion miles per hour comes on, Beavis says,"Wow, if I could move my arm that fast, I'd never leave the house, mmm hmm heh".

:lol:!

Ohhh...I miss "Beavis and Butthead"-their commentary on the videos they watched was great (I'd love to see what they had to say about all the videos out today).

Angela

Re: Re: Re: Music Videos That Freak You Out

Moonlit_Angel said:

:lol:!

Ohhh...I miss "Beavis and Butthead"-their commentary on the videos they watched was great (I'd love to see what they had to say about all the videos out today).

Angela

YES! That was actually the first time I'd ever seen the video for "Sober"...on B & B. I loved watching them watch videos. :D

I have a clip on tape where they were making fun of "Lemon"...still cracks me up. :lmao:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Music Videos That Freak You Out

Bonochick said:

YES! That was actually the first time I'd ever seen the video for "Sober"...on B & B. I loved watching them watch videos. :D

I have a clip on tape where they were making fun of "Lemon"...still cracks me up. :lmao:

They made fun of "Lemon"?

:lmao:!

I want to see that!

What all'd they say?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom