Music to workout to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely upbeat, some techno...a lot of chemical brothers, oakenfold (tranceport), paul van dyk...basement jaxx...run lola run soundtrack lately....well, as lately as I've managed lately....

anything with an upbeat tempo or motivational lyrics

i used to listen to a lot of old school metallica while riding the bike, the guitar solos are great for getting your legs moving

i refuse to listen to u2 while i workout, i dont want to equate u2 with pain

i don't work out, sorry.

but when i go rollerblading at night when the whole town's asleep, i'll listen to absolutely anything. usually pretty moody.

Barry White :reject: oh wait I wasn't sure what type of work out you were talking about.

Actually I just made a work out playlist on my new iPod with a lot of Chemical Brothers, Beastie Boys, old school Pumpkins, NIN, White Stripes etc.

I guess it depends on my mood. Lots of times I'll listen to my own mixes that are usually very upbeat and or very punky. But I've often chose garbage, the chemical brothers, madonna, le tigre or whatever else will help get my ass moving.

Most any techno/dance music works for me. But I have created my very own "U2 Workout" CD. It's a strategically ordered collection of remixes... starts out a little slow, works up into a really good tempo, thens slows back down at the end for that "cooling down" period. :wink: It runs 56 minutes & has stuff like Salome, Elevation, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Lady w/the Spinning Head, etc.

I'm rather proud of myself, as it was my first attempt at creating a custom CD. :happy:

im pretty much the same as most people here. i work out to the chemical brothers, basement jaxx, daft punk, some fatboy slim.

surprisingly i hate techno music. the above mentioned artists/bands are the only ones i like that i guess would be considered techno/dance music.

Last edited:
BluRmGrl said:
Most any techno/dance music works for me. But I have created my very own "U2 Workout" CD. It's a strategically ordered collection of remixes... starts out a little slow, works up into a really good tempo, thens slows back down at the end for that "cooling down" period. :wink: It runs 56 minutes & has stuff like Salome, Elevation, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Lady w/the Spinning Head, etc.

I'm rather proud of myself, as it was my first attempt at creating a custom CD. :happy:

:up:

The remixes are great for working out!

I'm training to do a marathon in April so I'm doing a load of running at the moment. Live versions of The Fly and Vertigo work well for me. Mercy is a good one too, especially its base line.

I also throw in a healthy dose of techno (the Confusion-New Order remix from "Blade" is a good one) plus some more "rawkier" stuff like Metallica (For Whom the Bell Tolls always gets my arse in gear) or NIN/older Ministry (Just One Fix is a good one)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom