music to plug: Delerium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Delerium! wow some really really cool shit. ethereal dreamy catchy atmospheric worldbeat etc.

their new album is coming out soon.. prolly gonna be pretty poppy like Poem was. There best album is Karma. Best songs .. all of 'em start with 'enchanted' it's the first song. y'all prolly won't like it, but if ya do good on ya. Forgotten Worlds is wicked. Silence and Euphoria are pleasantly poppy.

conjure one is even better than delerium so woah.

I really like the few songs of theirs I've heard.

They had a good song on the Tomb Raider Soundtrack, which oddly enough was a FANTASTIC soundtrack excluding the NIN & U2 songs which were both massively out of place with the rest of the soundtrack (Dont get me wrong, I love the Tomb Raider mix of Elevation)

Last edited:
Rhys Fulber came back for the new album, "Chimera." It should be better than Leeb's "Poem." Fulber is the better of the two musically.

"Conjure One" is a good start, although I think Fulber is capable of better work. I read in an interview that even he thinks the album was a bit dated even when it was just released; chalk it up to taking years to make the album.

Ormus

Last edited:
yeah exactly conjure one was finished like 2 years before it was released. I still think it's awesome though. can't wait to hear where he goes with this whole thing next. i've heard 2 songs off the new delerium album.. 'after all' and 'love' and they both sound fairly similar to the poem stuff.

"Poem" had very good parts to it. I really liked "Terra Firma" (although it appears to have been ripped off of the European release and later North American releases) and "Aria," along with "Amongst the Ruins." The last is very reminiscent of earlier ambient works. The others are alright, but I think "Delerium" has gone too mainstream in some respects. The magic of "Karma" cannot be duplicated by merely inundating us with vocal tracks, so I don't know why they keep on trying.

Ormus

SkeeK said:
their new album is coming out soon.. prolly gonna be pretty poppy like Poem was.

Well, the new album, "Chimera," came out today. Very poppy, as expected, but miles and miles better than "Poem," and, yes, better than Conjure One.

Melon

I've given it a cursory listen. I wouldn't say it's better than Conjure One, but that's just a taste thing. I love the Conjure One 'sound' quite a bit, I think it sounds a little more more organic than Delerium. The new album is pretty good, but doesn't really seem stylistically much different from Poem at all.. more of the same. slightly diffirent same, so maybe more of mostly very similar.

SkeeK said:
I've given it a cursory listen. I wouldn't say it's better than Conjure One, but that's just a taste thing. I love the Conjure One 'sound' quite a bit, I think it sounds a little more more organic than Delerium. The new album is pretty good, but doesn't really seem stylistically much different from Poem at all.. more of the same. slightly diffirent same, so maybe more of mostly very similar.

Well, the main difference is the return of Rhys Fulber with "Chimera," which, really, his talents are more than evident in this album. "Poem" is 100% Leeb, which is a bad thing.

Anyhow, I think this is a good picture as to what Conjure "Two" will be like. :sexywink: After all, Fulber admitted that, due to his album taking so long to make that he thought it sounded outdated even before it came out.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom