Music suggestions for studying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkayet

New Yorker
Ok, so lately I've been having serious problems studying - I'll attribute it to music issues rather than lack of motivation, being back in school again after working, etc... :scream:

I can't listen to anything that will make me sing along and distract me, so I've been listening to Sigur Ros, Mogwai, Enya - very atmospheric stuff without any really coherent words. I need some new suggestions though...any ideas?? Please?? Thanks. :)

I've the same problem mainly because I'm one of the lucky ones who has been living through life with A.D.D. :madspit: Anywho, Engima has always been a good one for me. I also light a few candles to really get in the mood. The soothing music and lit candles some how relaxes my mind enough for me to truely focus on the matter at hand. A few others are Kitaro, Hiroshima, and just about any other 'light-jazz' with no vocals. NO MUZAK though! That'll only make you fall asleep. Hope that helps :wink: -=C

dammit, i opened this with the intent of recommending sigur ros, but i see you beat me to it. lol.

Two excellent soundtracks i recommend are Last of the Mohicans and Braveheart. These are also very atmostpheric and good for studying.

:yes:

When I last had exams, I decided to find the best time for me to study (which for me unfortunately is early in the morning)

For music I decided to change from my usual stuff to classical, and at quite a low volume. Longer pieces of music are best, or an album that doesn't vary much as changes can be a bit distracting. I tended to just listen to a classical station on the radio.
Jazz can be good too. Anything relaxing really. But I suppose its an individual thing.

classical music. I had a teacher in middle school who would let us catch up on work in class and would play classical music while we did so. It actually did help me learn alot.

sigur ros, gy!be, and actually the joshua tree! i listen to that from front to back when i used to do homework.

Norah Jones

For me any U2 cd will do...b/c I know them all so well, they just make ood background lisening.

Also Sarah McLachlan does wonders. Chantal Kreviazuk. Jewel. Those girlie artists....:sexywink:

Elvis Presley said:
Two excellent soundtracks i recommend are Last of the Mohicans and Braveheart. These are also very atmostpheric and good for studying.

:yes:
Actually, I'm listening to last of the mohicans now....I forgot that i had that one, and it's working fairly well...errr...well, i guess since i'm supposed to be studying maybe it's not, but...it was anyway. ;)

Sorry i put this in the wrong place... :eek: Oooh, maybe radiohead would be good...

Last edited:
listen....do yourself the biggest favor you ever did yourself and buy a Godspeed you Black Emperor album

namely, Lift Your Skinny Lists like Antenaes towards Heaven

it's beautiful music that you can just really get lost in

no words ;)

also...I LOVE the Gladiator soundtrack. especially the last three tracks

Basstrap said:

also...I LOVE the Gladiator soundtrack. especially the last three tracks

Yes. :yes:

But some of the beginning stuff on the album can get a bit distracting...all the drums, the war scenes....but I admit, the last three tracks (espcially "Now we are free") are beautiful. I :heart: how they flow into one another.

Does anyone here have the 2nd gladiator album? Is it any good?

-------------------------
*On a side note, The_Sweetest_Thing wonders where Basstrap heard of Godspeed you Black Emperor....what do you guys DO all day in Newfieland? How many Cds do you HAVE? *is impressed*

sharky said:
classical music. I had a teacher in middle school who would let us catch up on work in class and would play classical music while we did so. It actually did help me learn alot.

Yeah, I heard that classical music helps you remember things. I use to play it while reading text books in college. Eh, it might not have helped me much though. :scratch: :D

George Winston is a great solo pianist... he has several albums out, a lot of them named after the seasons. Also - a collection of piano songs from the Peanuts. It always is great background music. I also keep it in my stereo for my alarm clock...much nicer to wake up to than a screeching siren! :D

Back
Top Bottom