Music Influcences!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I know the answer might be obvious. But since everybody is different and location, family, radio sations, etc. influence people to what they love to listen to!;)

Well, for me, my family has had a big influcence on my music.;)

My dad got me into some classic rock. My mom 90's alternative rock, which is my favorite now.;) My sister got me into punk rock, but not intense punk rock. My brother techno music and crazy loud rock and roll! lol!;):) :)

So what about you?:wink: :wink:

Last edited:
I guess I would have to say my friend Zeke had a lot to do with my influence with U2. She dragged me to a concert in 1982 to see them at a small club and that is all she wrote:wink: Boyfriends always had a big influence :slant:

My parents got me into U2 and The Rolling Stones. My love of U2 led me here...where a member led me to Ryan Adams...which led me to a Ryan Adams board...and those people (and others here) really influence the other music I have come to love.

My husband took me to my first U2 concert when we were dating. It was really my first concert ever. From then on my music tastes evolved to a whole other level. I gradually started to listen to his CD's which are everything from classic rock to punk to alt. rock. Now we both really love the same kind of music. Most of our friends do not love music as much as we do. And they do not like the edgier, harder rock. So we just have each other.
I am also influenced all the time by people on this board. It is always a great resource to come for to find new music and also at times to be reminded of great artists that I may not have thought of in awhile.

I read a book called "Imagine. A vision for Christians in the arts" by Steve Turner and it talked alot about U2. So I got interested.

bangelab33 said:
I guess I would have to say my friend Zeke had a lot to do with my influence with U2. She dragged me to a concert in 1982 to see them at a small club and that is all she wrote:wink: Boyfriends always had a big influence :slant:

Wow! 1982 small club with U2! You are so lucky!

Well my influences are abundant, but with U2:

I saw New Years Day and Gloria on MTV as a kid, and I thought they were cool but back then I thought J Geils was cool.

I think it was when my older brother got The Joshua Tree, then he sort of got into other shit as I kept borrowing his tape, eventually it became mine. I was a pretty big fan then.

Then when Achtung came out, I have been a HUGE fan ever since.

Early on most everything I heard was on the radio...not really a whole lot of other choices. I have older siblings, but we don't listen to the same type of music -- never have. Even when I did hear stuff on the radio, I always liked stuff that was different than almost everyone I knew.

When I started commuting to work I could get a little alt. station on the car radio (beginning in the mid 80's), but I already knew I liked alt music...that just gave me opportunity to hear more. I also began to pick up albums based on the recommedations of people who's musical taste I liked.

Currently I have people who's taste in music I trust, so I will buy cd's based on their review. I will also buy a musician's other projects if I generally like him/her.

Back
Top Bottom