Music disappearing acts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey folks

well how about we start a list for the biggest fall from grace from BIG musicians?

well heres a list:

Michael Jackson - this thread should be titled the 'Michael Jackson thread' in terms of matching the whole disintegration process and falling out of favour with the public eye

Prince- is in a race against michael jackson in trying to outdo each other's decline, though in prince's case, he has not self mutilated himself physically, rather just his name

Mariah Carey - shes the female answer to michael jackson, her behaviour is far more disturbing than michael's, which is some accomplishment

richard james - hes not a very kinky guy, the kind you dont want to bring home to mother, had he not spent so much time in jail, he might have written more songs than just 'Superfreak'

Whitney Houston - i remembered back in the late 80s where every song she released was just a number 1 hit, she lives on by reputation only

roxette - vanished! they were just big (the biggest thing out of scandanavia since ABBA), then they just vanished into thin air, and have been replaced in the shortterm by the "next biggest scandanavian act" since (Ace of Base, M2M, the Hives, etc... etc...)

Guns n Roses- faded real fast when the whole idea of 'nobody likes a bogan' set in, mind you how a band with the voice of Axl Rose made so many millions escapes me

Bon Jovi - Jon gets by on his fledgling acting career these days, have just lost the ability to deliver 'hits' like they once did

Inxs- even before michael ended his life this band had suddenly lived on past hits and celebrity status, and the early 90s were embracing alternative music and big 80s artists choosing to become weird (u2, madonna), as a result inxs' form of straightforward Pop-rock just wasnt prominant anymore

the cranberries- delores and the whole anorexia rumours in the mid 90s just killed off this band, once touted to be as big as U2

oasis has a few songs i can listen to for sentimental purposes. otherwise, no, i certainly cant stand them.

they really wish they were the beatles.

George Michael
can't remember the last thing I heard about him that had to do with music

Fionaaa come back :sad:

Also Aerosmith just isn't the same. I know they're still around and even on tour as we speak I think....but...it's not the same.

Yeah what about bands that have changed...

CrashedCarDriver said:
hey folks

well how about we start a list for the biggest fall from grace from BIG musicians?

<snip>

roxette - vanished! they were just big (the biggest thing out of scandanavia since ABBA), then they just vanished into thin air, and have been replaced in the shortterm by the "next biggest scandanavian act" since (Ace of Base, M2M, the Hives, etc... etc...)

Hmm, I don't think they fell from grace. They did not do anything stupid/dumb. They just did not get very succesful with later albums. Besides, Marie Frederikson is currently very ill (earlier this year they removed a brain tumor from her) so that also puts a stop to any current musical activities. Hopefully she gets better.

C ya!

Marty

I stand fast on my a-hole theory. Come on, even if you do like the music you gotta admit they're a-holes. Sorry.

I do like that wonderwall song tho.

Ali Rose said:
I stand fast on my a-hole theory. Come on, even if you do like the music you gotta admit they're a-holes. Sorry.

I do like that wonderwall song tho.

Okay, I'll agree with you on that...they are a-holes. But I still like their music :yes:

Salome said:
George Michael
can't remember the last thing I heard about him that had to do with music

He is still around. Released a single in the spring called "Freeek". It's all about sex as is all his stuff. lol Then he released another single this fall called "Shoot The Dog". It was a real dig at Bush and Blair. Now he fears for his life and says he can't come to the States. As a long time fan of George I think that's crap and he is just trying to get a record contract in the US (as he hasn't one at the mo).
His last actual album was back in 1999 and was all cover songs. He sang U2's "Miss Sarajevo".

No clue if he ever plans to release another album, let alone tour.

Back
Top Bottom