Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Ok guys...I need your :help: with something!! It's a fun thing. :yes:

It might be a little late to do this, though, I dunno, lol...but tomorrow AM I am leaving for Chicago to see Lion King, after which we're going to set out on a 21 hour driiiiiive to Colorado (woohoo I'm going kayaking!!!!) and I HATE sitting in a car, so I'm just gonna download a buttload of music to listen to.

So what I need is recommendations. Anything and everything. What are you into right now? What's good for the road? I'm also thinking there are a few artists that I don't feel I know well enough, so I'm going to just download a bunch of their songs and try to spend some time getting to know them a bit better...the Beatles, Tori Amos, Nirvana, Radiohead, and a few others. I also really love to discover newer artists just breaking into the scene and doing something different. To give you an idea of what kind of music I might like (I like aaall kinds of stuff!), take a look at my profile. I know you guys will be a big help because U2 fans have AWESOME taste in music!!!

Also, does anyone here know classical music very well? I don't feel "learned" enough in this area and I have no idea where to start...

OK, GO!! :hyper: :dance:

Last edited:
*checks your profile*

You like Ryan Adams! :heart:

I should send you some bootlegs!

Anyway...I'd go with Ryan...but I am so biased. :D

Bonochick said:
*checks your profile*

You like Ryan Adams! :heart:

I should send you some bootlegs!

Anyway...I'd go with Ryan...but I am so biased. :D

I'll do bootlegs! I only have a few but they're good ones! I've got that AWESOME recording of San Jos? II and the Cleveland show, both from the Elevation tour, and Coldplay's amazing show that they did at the Hollywood Bowl in June of this year...and some Matt Nathanson, whom you prolly haven't heard of but he's awesome and he's like, hella funny lol. He talks a lot between songs lol. All of you guys should check him out. He's done a great cover of Sweetest Thing and Fake Plastic Trees...and lots of others...oh he is so funny.

Hmmm... here are a bunch off the top of my head you may like.

Tori Amos:

Silent All These Years
Winter
Smells Like Teen Spirit (cover)

Radiohead:

How To Disappear Completely
Idioteque
2+2=5

Beatles:

Happiness is a Warm Gun
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
I Will

Nirvana:

On a Plain
Breed

Pavement:

Spit On a Stranger
Zurich Is Stained

The Shins:

New Slang
Caring is Creepy

Modest Mouse:

Gravity Rides Everything
Paper Thin Walls

Grandaddy:

The Crystal Lake
I'm On Standby

Clinic:

Walking With Thee
Distortions

AFI:

This Time Imperfect
The Leaving Song

The Cure:

In Between Days
Charlotte Sometimes

PS - I hope you enjoy your trip here to the U.S.

I'll add another band:

The Smiths:

There Is A Light and it Never Goes Out
Still Ill
Ask
Panic

u2popmofo said:

PS - I hope you enjoy your trip here to the U.S.

LOL! I live in the US. My heart is in dublin which is why it says dublin under my name, lol. But I live in boring old Indiana, in the middle of a cornfield lol.

Thanks for all those suggestions!! Awesome!!! Thanks guys! :hug: :bow:

PaleBlueDot said:

LOL! I live in the US. My heart is in dublin which is why it says dublin under my name, lol. But I live in boring old Indiana, in the middle of a cornfield lol.

Thanks for all those suggestions!! Awesome!!! Thanks guys! :hug: :bow:

Indiana, eh.....

Well, I hope you enjoy your trip here to the U.S. ...... :wink:

I'll recommend Placebo as some good rocking road trip music. And a few others.

Placebo:
The Bitter End
Second Sight
Special K
Every You Every Me
and just about anything else you can find!

James:
She's A Star
Tomorrow
Run Aground
Seven
and many more

Anything by Oasis and Bjork would be great too.

Have a safe trip! :wave:

Sorry, I can't view profiles, so I've no idea whether you'll like the following (but anyone who likes Ryan Adams has to be good!), but anyway....

Manic Street Preachers (note I recommend the Manics to everybody, so you may not like them, but they're awesome. Their sound can be seen to be a mix of the Clash and Guns N' Roses.):

Australia
Motown Junk
Roses In The Hospital
Tsunami
Motorcycle Emptiness
Kevin Carter
Prologue To History

Idlewild (Scottish band who've oft been compared to REM)

American English
Roseability
These Are Just Years
Live In A Hiding Place
(I Am) What I Am Not
In Remote Part/Scottish Fiction
These Wooden Ideas

Dropkick Murphys (they're a punk band from Boston with Celtic influences. Very cool):

Good Rats
Skinhead On The MBTA
Road Of The Righteous
10 Years Of Service
Fields Of Athenry
The Gauntlet
Barroom Hero
The Rocky Road To Dublin

Damien Rice (Amazing Irish singer/songwriter whose debut CD 'O' is one of the best CDs ever, although it'd be a bit off calling him a solo artiste as he's got an amazing backing band):

Cannonball
The Blower's Daughter
Volcano
I Remember
Cold Water
Prague

And HeartlandGirl's spot on about Placebo.

bonosgirl84 said:
there really is no bad nirvana.
download anything by them.

I agree. Same with the beatles.

Sigh. Kurt. :( They were just getting started. I wish he could have listened to Bono. :sad:

Anyway kids, that's it, I'm all done downloadin'. Thanks for your help! There were some AWESOME suggestions made here, and I really appreciate it! :bow: :bow: :bow:

go with anything that mofo and yertle say and you will not be dissapointed.

and unless you own all the albums, download anything and everything that the clash ever recoreded (ok, some of the stuff off sandinista! and combat rock is unneccessary, but don't limit yourself to "rock the casbah" and "should i stay or should i go")

Back
Top Bottom