Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And look what Google ad all this Larry talk has got me:

imgad

:lmao:!!!!!

I've had a busy day. Worked, walked, hung out with the fiance. And now I'm here. And I sent you that link we talked about.

Sounds not all bad.

Thanks for the link; I'm looking forward to hearing this when, you know, I can hear again. I've had some improvement over the last 18 hours. :up:

I'm just saying, you guys seem to have it set in your heads that you're going to hate U2 live no matter what just cause of him.
Wait.
What?

Where'd I say that I'd hate U2 live?
I just said I was worried about being disappointed because my standards are kind of high for them.

I can't believe he didn't go there, but, I don't know, he didn't really go a lot of places if you think about it. Mostly stuck to the US.

Yeah I know. I don't think it was a very profitable tour last time he came. Our Dollar was bad, the promoter lost a fair amount of money, I know the Sydney and I think Melbourne shows had several technical issues. Melbourne, this was due to a relitivley "new" stadium, that was horrible for concerts back then, its since improved out of sight since!

Plus the travel factor, the band nearly burnt out

March 11, 2003 -Rochester, NY
March 20, 2003 Melbourne, Australia
March 22, 2003 Sydney, Australia
March 25 & 26, 2003 Brisbane, Australia
March 28, 2003 Auckland, New Zealand
April 9, 2003 Sacramento, CA

To me, thats a lot of flying in a short amount of time.

Yeah I know. I don't think it was a very profitable tour last time he came. Our Dollar was bad, the promoter lost a fair amount of money, I know the Sydney and I think Melbourne shows had several technical issues. Melbourne, this was due to a relitivley "new" stadium, that was horrible for concerts back then, its since improved out of sight since!

Oh good, at least it was last tour though right? I mean he could've pulled a U2 on ya :lol:

Think I'm just going to leave for the night now folks

Ouch, that is pretty intense. How come two nights in BRISBANE, of all cities, while Melbourne and Sydney only got one show? Was he playing somewhere tiny in Brisvegas?

And yeah, only the previous year, U2 had passed on bringing Elevation down here since they couldn't find a way to make it a profitable venture (though given how much they rake in elsewhere, I really don't see why they worry about money at all).

Oh good, at least it was last tour though right? I mean he could've pulled a U2 on ya :lol:

Yeah it was the last E Street tour. He could have come her for Devils And Dust :mad:

have a good night Ashley, and If I'm not around for the weekend HAVE A FUCKING AWESOME TIME ON SATURDAY! :rockon:

Ouch, that is pretty intense. How come two nights in BRISBANE, of all cities, while Melbourne and Sydney only got one show? Was he playing somewhere tiny in Brisvegas?

And yeah, only the previous year, U2 had passed on bringing Elevation down here since they couldn't find a way to make it a profitable venture (though given how much they rake in elsewhere, I really don't see why they worry about money at all).

Yeah Brisbane was two nights at the entertainment center. I don't think they had anywhere big enough for him. I would have LOVED to have been at those shows. As the other two were at the SCG and Telstra Dome. so two up close shows would have been lovely!

I doubt money is an Issue for Bruce at the present time, but profit for our tour promoters is!

Yeah Brisbane was two nights at the entertainment center. I don't think they had anywhere big enough for him. I would have LOVED to have been at those shows. As the other two were at the SCG and Telstra Dome. so two up close shows would have been lovely!

I doubt money is an Issue for Bruce at the present time, but profit for our tour promoters is!

Ah, right. I would've thought he could've hit ANZ Stadium or something. But lucky Brisbane in any case. The Entertainment Centre is a better venue than ANZ anyway.

I suppose a generous band could be willing to take the loss themselves, heh. Yeah, not likely to happen. But hell, U2 could do it and barely feel a dent in their personal wealth. Oh noez, Bono can't buy his tenth sportscar that he can't even drive safely!

Sounds not all bad.

Thanks for the link; I'm looking forward to hearing this when, you know, I can hear again. I've had some improvement over the last 18 hours. :up:

That's good news. I'm uploading their second album now, which is considerably bigger than the first one (as its songs are longer). It's also a deluxe edition, so I'm also just upping the album proper.

Hey, is Porcupine Tree working on a new album at the moment? They've been pretty good about releasing loads of albums, haven't they?

That's good news. I'm uploading their second album now, which is considerably bigger than the first one (as its songs are longer). It's also a deluxe edition, so I'm also just upping the album proper.

Awesomeness. My U2 BOctoWar remasters arrived today, so I might give the bonus discs a spin later and see if I can hear them satisfactorily - I don't expect much from the sound quality there in the first place. I'd rather move onto the album remasters and the Starflyer stuff once I'm sure I can actually hear decently.

Awesomeness. My U2 BOctoWar remasters arrived today, so I might give the bonus discs a spin later and see if I can hear them satisfactorily - I don't expect much from the sound quality there in the first place. I'd rather move onto the album remasters and the Starflyer stuff once I'm sure I can actually hear decently.

imo, the best stuff on the remasters is the BBC sessions stuff from October's bonus disc.

Hey, is Porcupine Tree working on a new album at the moment? They've been pretty good about releasing loads of albums, haven't they?

This year, they're taking a "break". By which they mean they're still touring a bit (recording a live album/DVD in October), Gavin Harrison is touring as King Crimson's drummer right now, and Steven Wilson's released/releasing albums with No-Man, Bass Communion, and solo, not to mention producing for Anathema and Orphaned Land. Oh, and No-Man's also playing their first live gigs since 1993. Some break! :lol:

I imagine PT's next album will come next year.

G'night, Serena! :wave:

imo, the best stuff on the remasters is the BBC sessions stuff from October's bonus disc.

I'm looking forward to hearing some of the live b-sides that I hadn't heard before. I mean, sure, the live I Will Follows are overkill, but I'd never bothered tracking them down in the past.

This year, they're taking a "break". By which they mean they're still touring a bit (recording a live album/DVD in October), Gavin Harrison is touring as King Crimson's drummer right now, and Steven Wilson's released/releasing albums with No-Man, Bass Communion, and solo, not to mention producing for Anathema and Orphaned Land. Oh, and No-Man's also playing their first live gigs since 1993. Some break! :lol:

I imagine PT's next album will come next year.

Ahhh, so 2009 will be a good year for releases for me, too. The biggest release for me is coming in October. New Starflyer. :drool: As far as I can remember, Jason Martin has released something every year but 1996 since 1993.

Silver (1993)
She's the Queen EP (1994)
Gold (1995)
Le Vainqueur EP (1995)
Americana (1997)
The Fashion Focus (1998)
Everybody Makes Mistakes (1999)
Fell In Love At 22 EP (1999)
Easy Come, Easy Go 1994-2000 (2000)
Leave Here A Stranger (2001)
Can't Stop Eating EP (2002)
Old (2003)
I Am The Portugese Blues (2004)
The Last Laurel EP (2004)
Never Play Covers [live] (2005)
Talking Voice Vs. Singing Voice (2005)
My Island (2006)
I Win EP (2006)
Brothers Martin [as a part of the group "Brothers Martin"] (2007)
Ghosts Of The Future [a boxset of 10 previously unreleased singles] (2008)

...and Dial M comes out in October!

Ahhh, so 2009 will be a good year for releases for me, too. The biggest release for me is coming in October. New Starflyer. :drool: As far as I can remember, Jason Martin has released something every year but 1996 since 1993.

Silver (1993)
She's the Queen EP (1994)
Gold (1995)
Le Vainqueur EP (1995)
Americana (1997)
The Fashion Focus (1998)
Everybody Makes Mistakes (1999)
Fell In Love At 22 EP (1999)
Easy Come, Easy Go 1994-2000 (2000)
Leave Here A Stranger (2001)
Can't Stop Eating EP (2002)
Old (2003)
I Am The Portugese Blues (2004)
The Last Laurel EP (2004)
Never Play Covers [live] (2005)
Talking Voice Vs. Singing Voice (2005)
My Island (2006)
I Win EP (2006)
Brothers Martin [as a part of the group "Brothers Martin"] (2007)
Ghosts Of The Future [a boxset of 10 previously unreleased singles] (2008)

...and Dial M comes out in October!

Wow, now that's quite impressive. I can't say I'd be entirely shocked if Steven Wilson has appeared on a release every year since at least 1992, but I'm not 100% sure. There's a PT album usually every other year, then all of his bloody side projects that are hard to keep track of.

It really makes U2 look utterly pathetically sluggish, doesn't it? Four years between albums? Come on.

Nah, I actually had to do work. GO FIGURE.

But I...have no idea who Starflyer is, either so... :uhoh: Yeah...

:reject:

Nah, I actually had to do work. GO FIGURE.

But I...have no idea who Starflyer is, either so... :uhoh: Yeah...

:reject:

Most people don't. :shrug: They're my favourite band, though, and they kick ass. I totally recommend their album Talking Voice vs. Singing Voice.

Wow, now that's quite impressive. I can't say I'd be entirely shocked if Steven Wilson has appeared on a release every year since at least 1992, but I'm not 100% sure. There's a PT album usually every other year, then all of his bloody side projects that are hard to keep track of.

It really makes U2 look utterly pathetically sluggish, doesn't it? Four years between albums? Come on.

U2 is pretty damn lazy, for sure. Anyway, I guess Starflyer 59 to me is like Porcupine Tree to you. And they both are fucking workhorses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom