Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ax what was the set for the 4th to last show last time :wink:

Show #129, 29 November 2006, Saitama.

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Elevation
4. I Will Follow
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
7. Window In The Skies
8. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Bad / 40 (snippet)
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (snippet)
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. The Fly / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (snippet)
18. Mysterious Ways
19. With Or Without You
20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. One Tree Hill

Comments: Live debut of Window In The Skies. Last performance of Walk On. This is one of three shows scheduled to make up for the postponed show that was planned to take place on 4 April 2006 at Yokohama's Nissan Stadium. This is U2's first concert in Japan since March 1998.

Soundchecked: Adam, Edge, Larry only: City Of Blinding Lights, Bad

Fuck off, U2.

This is somehow Mullen's fault, I know it.

Bono and Larry are known to prefer stadium shows while Edge and Adam prefer arena shows. I see it as no co-incidence that U2 use stadium shows as an excuse for more static sets.

For comparison purposes, here's the 100th set of the Vertigo Tour (counting the Los Angeles public rehearsal), 26 November 2005, Montreal.

:yawn:

:yikes:

Bruce has his staples, theres a few songs you know are always gonna get played. ie: Radio Nowhere , Rising -> Last To Die -> Long Walk Home -> badlands.

But as for the rest, he'll keep you guessing.

You know my big complaint with the Vertigo tour ? It just got so damned dire and depressing there in the middle!

:yikes:

Bruce has his staples, theres a few songs you know are always gonna get played. ie: Radio Nowhere , Rising -> Last To Die -> Long Walk Home -> badlands.

But as for the rest, he'll keep you guessing.

He ever broke up the five pack a few times though :wink:

well the five pack that apparently turned into the four pack :sad: when did "Devil's Arcade" disappear?

You know my big complaint with the Vertigo tour ? It just got so damned dire and depressing there in the middle!

Most of the first leg was good. The start of the second was good and then it got absolutely SHIT. The third started very promisingly, then wavered between dodgy and decent. The fourth was alright, unremarkable but not too bad. The fifth wavered between dodgy and good.

I at least can say that at eight out of ten U2 shows I've seen, I've managed to hear at least one song I hadn't already heard. And I've had five different closers, which isn't such a bad feat either by U2 standards.

Edit: wait, I read that as "in the middle" as in the middle of the tour run, i.e. the dodgy European sets, as opposed to the standard set. :doh:

Bono and Larry are known to prefer stadium shows while Edge and Adam prefer arena shows. I see it as no co-incidence that U2 use stadium shows as an excuse for more static sets.
:| For fuck's sake.

:| For fuck's sake.

The usual rationalisation is that Bono's ego prefers as large a crowd as possible, and for both of them, stadium shows = less shows so that saves on Bono's voice strain and the strain on Larry's weak arms and back. But like I said, I don't see the more static sets as a co-incidence.

Add this to the list of reasons why we should all take turns punching him.

Not sure, I think Devil's Arcade has been misssing for a while.

and Gypsy Biker :sad:

I don't actually mind that Gypsy Biker is gone :uhoh: but I see Martha is quite dismayed by the news :(

Devil's Arcade on the other hand, that's just :tsk: worthy, and yet he keeps GURRLSSS IN THAYRE SUMMAH CLOTHES!

The usual rationalisation is that Bono's ego prefers as large a crowd as possible, and for both of them, stadium shows = less shows so that saves on Bono's voice strain and the strain on Larry's weak arms and back. But like I said, I don't see the more static sets as a co-incidence.
Larry's arms and back aren't the only things that are weak. So are static sets! Change it up, goddamn it!

Fuck punching him. Let's beat him to death.

Reggo and Serena neither of you have seen a show yet right? Why don't you wait til you see one before straight up deciding to kill Larry :wink:

I don't actually mind that Gypsy Biker is gone :uhoh: but I see Martha is quite dismayed by the news :(

Devil's Arcade on the other hand, that's just :tsk: worthy, and yet he keeps GURRLSSS IN THAYRE SUMMAH CLOTHES!

:laugh: Yeah, not a big fan of Girls In Their Summer Clothes either, the song, that is! :wink:

Devils Arcade I love, and Gypsy Biker, if he does make it down here, that HAS to be in the set.

Larry's arms and back aren't the only things that are weak. So are static sets! Change it up, goddamn it!

Fuck punching him. Let's beat him to death.

I also don't get how the fuck he has such weak arms and back when he hasn't properly exerted himself as a drummer since the eighties, and even then, he really wasn't going that all-out. You don't see Neil Peart or Mike Portnoy falling to pieces, and they play far more complex, demanding songs over longer sets and more frequent tours - and Peart's been playing since Larry was a little boy!

:laugh: Yeah, not a big fan of Girls In Their Summer Clothes either, the song, that is! :wink:

Devils Arcade I love, and Gypsy Biker, if he does make it down here, that HAS to be in the set.

I can't believe he didn't go there, but, I don't know, he didn't really go a lot of places if you think about it. Mostly stuck to the US.

Alright, alright. I won't beat the lazy sod to death till I see him inaction. Fine.

Reggo and Serena neither of you have seen a show yet right? Why don't you wait til you see one before straight up deciding to kill Larry :wink:

But he's such a grumpy bugger live too! He usually looks like he'd rather be anywhere else than playing boring 4/4 shit for an adoring audience.

I wish the bastard would just quit already and let U2 have an enthusiastic, eager drummer who actually appreciates music as an art and takes pleasure in playing live.

I also don't get how the fuck he has such weak arms and back when he hasn't properly exerted himself as a drummer since the eighties, and even then, he really wasn't going that all-out. You don't see Neil Peart or Mike Portnoy falling to pieces, and they play far more complex, demanding songs over longer sets and more frequent tours - and Peart's been playing since Larry was a little boy!
Maybe computer programmers just shouldn't be drummers.

And look what Google ad all this Larry talk has got me:

imgad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom