Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wish I was as happy to be here as you seem to be :wink: I feel like crap. I fell asleep at like 5:30 last night. Only meant to sleep for an hour, then I had to swoop down upon poor unsuspecting souls and get these springsteen tickets for supercheap, but instead, I just woke up and the tickets sold for super cheap to someone else :sad:

And now that I'm awake, I feel super super sick :sad:

:hug:

Any other opportunities for you to pick up some tickets?

:giggle: Ian...two things....

I keep reading your status as saying "I'm the Bartman"

and this is how I see your sig....:giggle:

eef89473.jpg

If it doesn't eat her first ...!

And I must admit, I'm proud I've been able to hear the texts you've sent me. The last couple of days, I've been so deaf that I simply have been unable to hear my phone at all!

:giggle: I just assumed you had your phone on vibrate!! I'm impressed with your speed, and lack of stinginess! :lol:

:giggle: I just assumed you had your phone on vibrate!! I'm impressed with your speed, and lack of stinginess! :lol:

It vibrates too, but it's sitting on the desk behind the computer.

The stinginess has kicked in now. :wink:

:hug:

Any other opportunities for you to pick up some tickets?

Answering anyone who asked this:

Yeah, the problem is that, now that it's closer to the concert, people have upped the price, so it's over $200 now for GA. However, the best seats at the show (i know how much I hate seats, but I'd take 'em for this) are currently being dropped on ticketmaster, and I would buy one right now, if it weren't for the fact that dad didn't call me back at all yesterday, so I have no money handy in my bank account with which to purchase them :banghead:

Now all I want is for mom to wake up so I can beg her to get me some water. I seriously, just have no desire to move whatsoever, my stomach is killing me.

:giggle: Ian...two things....

I keep reading your status as saying "I'm the Bartman"

and this is how I see your sig....:giggle:

eef89473.jpg

I now insist Ian change his status to "I'm the Bartman".

And :lmao:

Answering anyone who asked this:

Yeah, the problem is that, now that it's closer to the concert, people have upped the price, so it's over $200 now for GA. However, the best seats at the show (i know how much I hate seats, but I'd take 'em for this) are currently being dropped on ticketmaster, and I would buy one right now, if it weren't for the fact that dad didn't call me back at all yesterday, so I have no money handy in my bank account with which to purchase them :banghead:

Now all I want is for mom to wake up so I can beg her to get me some water. I seriously, just have no desire to move whatsoever, my stomach is killing me.

Oh, that's lame. If I were you, I'd be on the phone repeatedly trying to contact your father!

Ick, I hope you aren't coming down with anything ...

:scratch: I text a few other people in the states without problems...worst case is that you wouldn't be able to reply...

American phone plans are fucking moronic, though. It seems a lot of Yanks get charged to receive texts/calls, while some don't get international access, and all kinds of other weird shit.

Oh, Peter Williams who presents the overnight Olympics coverage cracks me up.

Apparently the other night he said TVNZ were crossing to the "Individual Synchronised Diving".

:lol:

7's stupidity doesn't stop. They called a French runner as German, and earlier today, their on-screen text mentioned 5 golds are being contested at the Bird's Nest tonight, while the talking head said that 4 golds are being contested. I've still no idea which number is correct!

Oh, that's lame. If I were you, I'd be on the phone repeatedly trying to contact your father!

Ick, I hope you aren't coming down with anything ...

Well I would if it weren't 4:30 in the morning. Apparently his cell has been lost, though no one bothered to tell me this, so if he's out working (he cuts down trees and such) there's no way to contact him. I really hope he's at the firestation today (he's also a fireman) because then he's stuck in one place all day, and not very hard to find.

:lol:

7's stupidity doesn't stop. They called a French runner as German, and earlier today, their on-screen text mentioned 5 golds are being contested at the Bird's Nest tonight, while the talking head said that 4 golds are being contested. I've still no idea which number is correct!

There's been the odd misidentifying the athlete with TVNZ, but I'm willing to let it slide in the heat of the moment.

And :laugh:

I see Ian's changed his user title. Awesome. :laugh:

On a totally unrelated note, you know what pisses me off? Last night in the 200m, Walter Spearmon of the US came third and got disqualified for stepping out of his lane. The US initially appealled, but upon viewing the footage, knew they had no case - but spotted Churandy Martina, the silver medallist, also stepped out of his lane and protested him. Successfully. So Martina was stripped of his medal and two other Americans moved into silver and bronze. Now, it's fair enough, the guy did something worthy of disqualification, but it does piss me off because Martina's silver would've been only the second medal the Netherlands Antilles has ever won, and it will probably cease to be a political entity before the 2012 Games, so this was their last chance too.

On a totally unrelated note, you know what pisses me off? Last night in the 200m, Walter Spearmon of the US came third and got disqualified for stepping out of his lane. The US initially appealled, but upon viewing the footage, knew they had no case - but spotted Churandy Martina, the silver medallist, also stepped out of his lane and protested him. Successfully. So Martina was stripped of his medal and two other Americans moved into silver and bronze. Now, it's fair enough, the guy did something worthy of disqualification, but it does piss me off because Martina's silver would've been only the second medal the Netherlands Antilles has ever won, and it will probably cease to be a political entity before the 2012 Games, so this was their last chance too.

That is harsh! But so is the one false start and you're out rule.

Apparently they want to liven up table tennis with skimpy clothing on the women.

I'm sure it's a joke.

I'd heard that. Come the fuck on, people. :|

Have you noticed how not even figure-revealing swimsuits save synchronised swimming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom