Museum Voor Oude Kunst, Brussels, Belgium Superthread (Six months!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, I actually saw taekwondo on Olympics coverage today!

Then I remembered that it's only really half a martial art, so...

How's it only half a martial art?

And see that they're hosting wushu as a demonstration sport?

shit looks like i am missing some comedy gold in wtahnn, e.g. the sexy boots thread.

on the other hand i'm horrified that i could actually hear "sexy boots" when i listened to the clip. also the first clip had some rockin' stuff from edge but bono's constant oh-ohing would get quite old. so i'm hoping the explanation for both of these disturbing lyrical developments is just that bono hasn't learned the god damned words to the new album's songs yet.

yeah but liechtenstein kicks belgium's ass.

Quite true.

the last two sound great too, especially enviro politics, one of the things i wish i'd managed to get more into so now i'm gonna read a lot about.

what is "its others" in reference to IR?

Environmental Politics seems like it has potential but I'm not entirely won over by the lecturer. Simply because she has this lovely voice that makes me want to drift off to sleep! :lol:

Basically, IR & Its Others reflects the belief of its co-ordinator that the Third World is pretty marginalised in mainstream IR discourse, so it examines the colonial experience, the interaction between the Third World and mainstream IR theory and practice, and casts a rather critical eye over the traditional realist and liberal theories of IR.

shit looks like i am missing some comedy gold in wtahnn, e.g. the sexy boots thread.

on the other hand i'm horrified that i could actually hear "sexy boots" when i listened to the clip. also the first clip had some rockin' stuff from edge but bono's constant oh-ohing would get quite old. so i'm hoping the explanation for both of these disturbing lyrical developments is just that bono hasn't learned the god damned words to the new album's songs yet.

Yeah, I'm worried that Sexy Boots actually seems to be a legit lyric. And on that first clip, while the music sounds great, apparently the lyrics people have deciphered are heavy on the religion. :slant:

Yeah you haven't missed much. It should be renamed "Chris Martin and random song discussion forum". The only thing it has going for it is the MS paint thread.
i'll have to check tha tthread out later, no point in torturing myself with cool funny art when i can't join in.

i am going to read elmel's thread, though.

i'll have to check tha tthread out later, no point in torturing myself with cool funny art when i can't join in.

i am going to read elmel's thread, though.

LM's thread is comedy gold, for sure.

And Bonnie's MS Paint work is just astonishingly good. I can't believe she does that in MS Paint, and without even using a tablet.

Quite true.

Environmental Politics seems like it has potential but I'm not entirely won over by the lecturer. Simply because she has this lovely voice that makes me want to drift off to sleep! :lol:

Basically, IR & Its Others reflects the belief of its co-ordinator that the Third World is pretty marginalised in mainstream IR discourse, so it examines the colonial experience, the interaction between the Third World and mainstream IR theory and practice, and casts a rather critical eye over the traditional realist and liberal theories of IR.
that course sounds AWESOME. do recommend any books i should read from it.

as for the environment, in bosnia i really enjoyed reading jared diamond's collapse.

How's it only half a martial art?

And see that they're hosting wushu as a demonstration sport?

It's only half a martial art cause they only use half their body. And yes, wushu as a demonstration sport = awesomeness! Hopefully it means it'll garner more interest for when we perform at the end of the month for the Malaysian independence day festival at Fed Square.

Yeah, I'm worried that Sexy Boots actually seems to be a legit lyric. And on that first clip, while the music sounds great, apparently the lyrics people have deciphered are heavy on the religion. :slant:
fuck.

well, there is the "cedars of lebannon" title, although like i said i was hoping it would be political.

Oh my god, first the American men fuck up the final change of the 4x100m relay and get knocked out, now the American women have done exactly the same thing! Unbelieveable.

With so many teams fucking up today, the commentators are calling this the most ridiculous international meet they've ever seen.

that course sounds AWESOME. do recommend any books i should read from it.

as for the environment, in bosnia i really enjoyed reading jared diamond's collapse.

I've already discovered the lecturer is a big fan of Ashis Nandy, so I expect to be reading a fair bit of his stuff. The lecturer's enthusiasm has me expecting good things.

Now, Jared Diamond, I've heard both good and bad things. I'm not entirely sure what to make of his thesis in Guns, Germs, And Steel, though I need to read more than just excerpts.

What? :slant: I hate continuing to say this at the new album, because it doesn't bode well, but are you fucking kidding me?

It's only half a martial art cause they only use half their body. And yes, wushu as a demonstration sport = awesomeness! Hopefully it means it'll garner more interest for when we perform at the end of the month for the Malaysian independence day festival at Fed Square.

Ahh, right. I'm disappointed I haven't seen any of the wushu broadcast yet!

And you guys are doing a performance? I do need to get out of the house ... :hmm:

Oh my god, first the American men fuck up the final change of the 4x100m relay and get knocked out, now the American women have done exactly the same thing! Unbelieveable.

With so many teams fucking up today, the commentators are calling this the most ridiculous international meet they've ever seen.
that's kinda sad. i just met a guy who ran with some of our olympic runners, but i think his teammates were in different events. what are the country-by-country medal totals?

(china's, of course, demonstrate the phrase "home field advantage.")

What? :slant: I hate continuing to say this at the new album, because it doesn't bode well, but are you fucking kidding me?

Not kidding at all, I'm afraid. I can only hope that if the lyrics must be religious, they're done with the class of Gloria or UTEOTW rather than suck like Yahweh does.

fuck.

well, there is the "cedars of lebannon" title, although like i said i was hoping it would be political.

Yeah, though I wasn't optimistic that'd be political rather than religious. Moment Of Surrender doesn't bode well to me either ...

I've already discovered the lecturer is a big fan of Ashis Nandy, so I expect to be reading a fair bit of his stuff. The lecturer's enthusiasm has me expecting good things.

Now, Jared Diamond, I've heard both good and bad things. I'm not entirely sure what to make of his thesis in Guns, Germs, And Steel, though I need to read more than just excerpts.
i need to read that one. i like his stuff, i take it with a grain of salt, and a lot of the bad stuff is because he talks way too freakin' much about himself, and his "friends," and in general is not very concise...but he's enjoyable and informative and i don't doubt his scholarship, so i can use his extensive relation of cases to draw my own conclusions even if i don'tlike his.

Not kidding at all, I'm afraid. I can only hope that if the lyrics must be religious, they're done with the class of Gloria or UTEOTW rather than suck like Yahweh does.

Yeah, though I wasn't optimistic that'd be political rather than religious. Moment Of Surrender doesn't bode well to me either ...
maybe MOS can be about an orgasm?

that's kinda sad. i just met a guy who ran with some of our olympic runners, but i think his teammates were in different events. what are the country-by-country medal totals?

(china's, of course, demonstrate the phrase "home field advantage.")

I felt especially bad for Tyson Gay in the men's 4x100m, since he just couldn't pull it off in the individual 100m to even make the final, so this was his one remaining chance for a medal - and it was his transition in the relay that got fucked up. Poor bugger.

Well, China's leading the medal tally with 45 gold, though the US, with 27 golds, has more total medals: 88 to China's 81. Great Britain's third, having their most successful Games in ages: 17 gold, 39 total.

New Zealand's also having its most successful games in a good while: 3 golds, 9 total. And honestly, the bronze medals by Mahe Drysdale in the rowing and Nick Willis in the 1,500m have got to be as good as gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom