Muse to OPEN for My Chemical Romance....I just vomited.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ifeelnumb84

War Child
I really love Muse.
I really hate MCR.
I won't pay $35 to see Muse play for 45 minutes...especially if MCR follows them...this really sorta sucks.
I really wish Muse was bigger in the US, they are amazing.

:drool: This could very possibly be the worst combination of the year.

OK, Good Charlotte opening for Coldplay would be worse, but still...:eyebrow:

got_edge, myself and a friend bought GA tickets to go see Muse. We will be leaving promptly after their set. :wink:

BUT

Apparently something is going today and Muse might have pulled out of the tour. We will have to see. :(

MCR's newest album is excellent, if you're open-minded enough to give it a try. Maybe stick around and watch a few songs?

HeartlandGirl said:
MCR's newest album is excellent, if you're open-minded enough to give it a try. Maybe stick around and watch a few songs?

I agree with this. I thought Black Parade was pretty average, but it could be excellent live. Who knows?

Are MCR more popular then Muse in the US? If something like this happened in Europe I'm sure half of the audience would leave before MCR... But if they're not popular there they're probably trying to get some fans... That's ok...

PlaTheGreat said:

Apparently something is going today and Muse might have pulled out of the tour. We will have to see. :(

There were rumours in a music magazine over here about Matt Bellamy having cancer; I thought it was all crap, but maybe if they're pulling out he could actually be ill (though I'm guessing not cancer....)

annie_vox said:
Are MCR more popular then Muse in the US? If something like this happened in Europe I'm sure half of the audience would leave before MCR... But if they're not popular there they're probably trying to get some fans... That's ok...

"The Black Parade" just went platinum here, so yeah, I think they're a bigger act here than Muse.

I just read in Spin that MCR are huge fans of Muse, so if they had it their way, they'd probably want Muse to headline. Either way, it's a nice double bill for those who like both bands.

Muse is too big for MCR...but maybe not in the US. that's unfortunate.

I don't hate MCR but I don't particularly like them either. Panic at the Disco on the other hand... when I heard Bloc Party was opening for them I was like :yuck:, luckily Bloc Party are headlining their own tour now :drool:

but anyway, doesnt Muse have a reputation as one of the best live bands around today? You don't want your opening act to upstage you...

Not a huge fan of MCR, but in my current state of Muse obsession I'd probably pay just to see them open anyway, :drool:

The only time I went to a gig because of the warm-up act was when I went to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs open for Jon Spencer's Blues Explosion. That was when I developed my huge girl-crush on Karen O, :)

I like both of these bands very much. And I usually hate most of the new bands. Come on, Black Parade rocks! :rockon:

I've had Muse's CD in my car for days and I keep playing it over and over. Haven't wanted to take it out, it's too good!

AtomicBono said:

but anyway, doesnt Muse have a reputation as one of the best live bands around today? You don't want your opening act to upstage you...

YES. :yes: I saw 'em a few years ago as a b-stage act for the Cure (I only knew "Hysteria" at that point) and they completely blew me away; it was probably smart that the Cure didn't have to follow them on the same stage; Muse's set was several hours before the mainstage act.

Topic: Muse opening for MCR? Ugh. I actually objectively think that MCR are pretty good, but they're just not my thing. I'd probably put down the cash for that tour and stick around for MCR for the hell of it. They might surprise me.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I prefer My Chemical Romance to Muse. :shrug:

But I heard that was because you're satan:wink:

kidding:p

Really I quite like MCR but I love Muse, it is a bit starnge though that Muse will be selling out Wembley, yet they are supporting MCR.

MCR is one of the most annoying and sad things that the music world has ever seen. especially their frontman... :mad: :yikes:

"look to me!! I'm so angry...!! so emo...!! and... so gay!!"

I just wanted to go to Wembley:sad:

Anyway I think this is worst for MCR than it is for Muse... I can't imagine anyone following their show. Anyone... When I started listening to Muse they used to support other bands and even then they sometimes were able to steal the show... Imagine now...

Back
Top Bottom