Muse to OPEN for My Chemical Romance....I just vomited.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
muse is nowhere near as huge in the states as they are elsewhere. mcr is significantly more popular in america. what can i say, americans aren't too bright (see also: re-election of george bush). that said, it makes sense; mcr are big muse fans, and this will get muse more exposure to a different fanbase. im not crazy about mcr, but both bands share an affinity for queen-inspired bombast.

mcr sells more tickets, ergo they should headline. pretty simple. if good music translated to ticket sales, wolf parade would be playing hockey arenas and the red hot chili peppers would be playing the local bar across the street.

bollox said:
muse is nowhere near as huge in the states as they are elsewhere. mcr is significantly more popular in america. what can i say, americans aren't too bright (see also: re-election of george bush). that said, it makes sense; mcr are big muse fans, and this will get muse more exposure to a different fanbase. im not crazy about mcr, but both bands share an affinity for queen-inspired bombast.

mcr sells more tickets, ergo they should headline. pretty simple. if good music translated to ticket sales, wolf parade would be playing hockey arenas and the red hot chili peppers would be playing the local bar across the street.

MCR only drew 3000 to the Richmond Coliseum when they came at the end of Nov. last year. Most of their fans are teenage girls -at least around here. (I know some who went and loved it) I guess there were a lot who wanted to go but couldn't get the money or the transporation. Also Richmond is more of a rap town.

i'd say get hullabaloo only if you are a real diehard muse fan. the bsides are fairly meh. the live cd is a bit better, and does have dead star, which is one of their best tracks. but overall, nothing earth shattering.

Saracene said:
Seeing that this is a Muse-related thread, I've got a question for Muse fans: is Hullabaloo Soundtrack worth getting at all?

The dvd is fantastic... If you're not familiar with the pre-Absolution era you'll be blown away by the crazyness of Hullabaloo... It's completely different but yet it's still Muse, still those three. They've grown up since then but it's still great to go back. You can see that during the concert... but if you watch the documentary... well... caution with that:wink: kidding...

But if you already have the dvd, I don't think it's necessary to buy the cd... only if you want to listen to it on your car or something like that. I don't have it... I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago somebody told me :shrug:

Last edited:
annie_vox said:

The dvd is fantastic... If you're not familiar with the pre-Absolution era you'll be blown away by the crazyness of Hullabaloo... It's completely different but yet it's still Muse, still those three. They've grown up since then but it's still great to go back.

Exactly the reason why its worth getting, Its amazing how much they have changed since then.

Hullabaloo is the only CD of Muse that I don't "Officially" own

Slopsy said:
Word is that apparantly MUSE have pulled out of several things recently, including opening for MCR. I don't know what the deal is there..

That was a rumor, and according to Muselive.com Matt said in a recent interview that they are very much looking forward to touring with MCR.

They are also confirmed to play "Live Earth" as well.

Yes I think it's just rumors too... I also read what Matt said and there's no reason for him to be making that up I guess :shrug: But then again it's Matthew Ballamy we're talking about :wink: kidding...

annie_vox said:
The dvd is fantastic... If you're not familiar with the pre-Absolution era you'll be blown away by the crazyness of Hullabaloo...

Haven't watched the DVD but I've seen enough clips on YouTube to get the general idea, :)

Their fashion sense certainly improved with time.

The last time I saw Muse they opened for The Strokes. After a short but blistering 1 hour set, about 1/3 of the venue had emptied out before The Strokes came on.

The Strokes were good, but they weren't any near as good as Muse. How this band can open for anyone is a real head scratcher. I also believe that while Muse will be good as an opening act on the MCR tour, they really need to be seen headlining their own show. It's night and day really.

And for those who argue that Muse is Radiohead light.... :lol:

Last edited:
469344230_ac6b597ced.jpg

Standing next to MCR fans was quite an experience.

BUT STILL
grumpyrockon.gif

Setlist

1. Take a Bow
2. Hysteria
3. Supermassive Black Hole
4. Map of the Problematique
5. Stockholm Syndrome
6. Starlight
7. Time is Running Out
8. Knights of Cydonia

:drool:

Saw them in concert last night

I was 3rd from the front on the floor (though I left the floor after Muse so the crazy MCR kids could go nuts)

I can't remember the exact order of songs except first and last, but here's what they played:

Knights of Cydonia
Apocolypse Please
Time is Running Out
Butterflies & Hurricanes
Starlight
Supermassive Black Hole
Invincible
New Born
Stockholm Syndrome

Dear God it was amazing. I was right in front of Chris. I was in awe the whole time. My friends who I went with hadn't heard Muse but knew MCR, one of them ended up a huge Muse fan and realized how much better they are than MCR.

Matt was freakin amazing. The piano solo on Butterflies & Hurricanes was flawless. Ahhhhhhhhhhh I want to see them again!

Glad they blew you away, u2dem :up:
Blackout and Map were the only two songs I knew well when I saw them last summer :lol:

MCR has THE best opening acts the one that was on tour with them here in Aus kick arse one of my new fave bands

stay and watch MCR they are better live :D

More like My Chemical Catered Meal am i rite?

Rumour has it Muse will play a string of East Coast shows to go with their Madison Square Garden gig in the fall. Let's go MONTREAL come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Canadiens1160 said:
More like My Chemical Catered Meal am i rite?

Rumour has it Muse will play a string of East Coast shows to go with their Madison Square Garden gig in the fall. Let's go MONTREAL come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

:hyper:

Let's hope that rumour comes true!!!!!

Where did you hear about a fall MSG date? Muse was great in Houston, wished they could've played longer, 2nd time ive seen em.

Now this just sucks for them.. Not good for the owner of the restaurant.

Here's what I found at tmz.com

Cafe Owner Threatened for Giving Bands the Sh*ts
Posted May 10th 2007 12:10PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Music, Wacky and Weird

A Virginia cafe owner has received death threats after rock bands My Chemical Romance and Muse got salmonella food poisoning at his restaurant. Welcome to the brown parade!

After a gig at the nearby College of William and Mary on April 28, the bands stopped for a bite at Glenn Gormley's Green Leafe Cafe. Shortly afterwards, the musicians (and other patrons) got sick, which forced MCR and Muse to cancel several dates on their tour. Since then, Gormley says angry My Chemical Romance fans have been leaving him death threats. Holy crap! While the Health Department is investigating the situation, Gormley won't go into details of the threats.

According to the CDC, most persons infected with salmonella develop diarrhea, fever and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after infection. The good news is that the illness usually lasts only 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without treatment.

Back
Top Bottom