MUSE Part 5, where fan boys are welcomed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if that *itch kate made him do it? :mad:

She was on Letterman last night. I decided to watch to see if she'd mention anything about being in a new relationship, but nothing at all, just talked about her son a lot. Don't know what that means, though.

(Yes, I now watch random celebrities if I hear about any ties they might have to Muse :reject:...)

Anywho, interesting new hairdo. I personally like it when he's got a fuller head of hair (though I was watching old clips of the band from a "Battle of the Bands" show they did in 1994 last night and cracking up at Matt's shoulder-length, oh-so-shiny hair). It almost looks like a buzzcut in that picture, but that could just be the lighting, too. Hm. It's his hair, though, he'll do with it what he wishes.

And a happy 32nd birthday to him as well :hug: :heart:! Hope he's having a good one.

Angela

Oh, yeah, I understand :hug:.

I just want to know how he got that long hair so shiny. In my entire life, I've never been able to get my hair to look like that. Never. I said this in the comments on one of the videos last night-he looked like Joseph Gordon-Levitt circa the early "3rd Rock From The Sun" days (which, given what that show was about, is actually a rather appropriate comparison, come to think of it :p...).

Angela

Oh, yeah, I understand :hug:.

I just want to know how he got that long hair so shiny. In my entire life, I've never been able to get my hair to look like that. Never. I said this in the comments on one of the videos last night-he looked like Joseph Gordon-Levitt circa the early "3rd Rock From The Sun" days (which, given what that show was about, is actually a rather appropriate comparison, come to think of it :p...).

Angela

HAHA! I remember that show!!! And yes he looks exactly like him too.. :lol:

Oh, good, glad I'm not the only one who sees that, then :D (that show was quite funny. I enjoyed it).

Aw, nice pictures-partying it up and all that good stuff, glad to see he's having fun (now in that picture the hair doesn't look too bad). Who's Nic Chester?

Angela

Nic is the lead singer of Jet. One of his very good friends.. Who even has a house in Lake Como, Italy near Matt's place. He also sang with them when they covered Back in Black (they played it in San Siro last nite but actually it started when they were touring Australia earlier in the year).

Now see, that I've come to terms with. He's always dressed strange, 'cause he's a very strange person (and I mean that in a good way). That's not to say I still don't have moments where I think, "So, did you get dressed in a darkened closet this morning, or...?", however :p.

Nic is the lead singer of Jet. One of his very good friends.. Who even has a house in Lake Como, Italy near Matt's place. He also sang with them when they covered Back in Black (they played it in San Siro last nite but actually it started when they were touring Australia earlier in the year).

Ohhhh, okay-neat, thanks for the info, as always :). I didn't realize they lived so close to each other.

Is there any way I can hear that "Back In Black" cover? I'm very curious to check that out.

Angela

:rockon: Yeah! Thanks for that one, too, U2Fanatic :). I love watching the guys during that song, they're having such a blast playing it. Wonder if the guys in AC/DC have heard about this at all?

I wouldn't mind seeing them do more covers like that on stage every now and again.

*Random comment: This song reminds me-the mascot for my high school's sports is called the Mohawk, and our colors are red and black. In the mid '90s, the basketball team was kicking all sorts of ass and going to state and all that sort of thing, and they used that song as their theme :D. So, um, yay for AC/DC and all those who enjoy their music. Woo!

Angela

i would love to see them do this song live.. :love: but Nic has to be around if they do it.. Poor matt just doesn't have that kinda voice.. too falsetto.. :giggle:

LOL, eh, yeah, that's very true, but I'd still like to hear him give it a go. He's been able to let out a good screaming vocal every now and again ("Hyper Music", the very last "I wish I could" in the 2004 Glastonbury performance of "Stockholm Syndrome", to name a couple), so who knows, he might be able to pull it off.

Either way, though, I fully agree, I'd love to see them perform this at any show I went to :yes:. It'd certainly help endear them even more to the U.S. crowd, since AC/DC's very popular here in the States as well.

Angela

:wave: Hello again, ladies. Catching up on all the posts since I was here last. I've got to say, I'm liking Sonic's birthday haircut :up: :giggle: - although that TwitPic made it look like he might have a mini-mohawk. :ohmy: Maybe it's just the shading of the picture. :shrug:

So, um, yeah... bring on October 26th!!! :D

:lol:...oh, no!

Wow. That's crazy that that UFO can do that. Sucks for Slayer and their fans, though-I'd be nervous if that happened, I don't know if I'd want to make a band named Slayer, or the people who like a band with that name, upset :uhoh: :p.

Nice "Starlight" clip there. I love that song, I really do, it is yet another of my personal favorites. Love the way it's sung, love the lyrics, I just think it's a beautiful song. I get a real kick out of hearing the crowd sing along to the music as well as the words in some of these live clips you've shared. The band looks so happy to hear such a response (and who could blame them?), I can't even begin to imagine how awesome that must feel to them, hearing the crowds like that. That's really cool.

Angela

Just landed in Paris for tomorrow's gig. Milan was f***ing amazing, never seen anything like it. Was on barrier. Willpost pics once back home on Monday.

I see you're all commenting on new haircut, be thankful it's not like this anymore :lol: especially Dom's

28188_123487654356897_1148232818900.jpg

Starlight isn't my all time fav but this version is pretty damn cool.. IMO

Starlight isn't in my top list of songs, but the crowd participation at San Siro really added to it. The moment where Matt looks lost in the music and is just soaking up the atmosphere of the crowd singing is great.

I did see a headline about the UFO knocking out the feed during Slayer's performance. Oooops. :lol:

I love that photo of baby Muse (well two thirds and Tom) despite the dodgy hair. It's cute. My friends and I used to sign each others shirts at the end of the school year too, and our mum's would freak out when we got home. Good times. :D I wonder if the lads took grief for that too. :hmm:

Have fun in Paris, admiral. I am jealous. No Muse until September for me :sad:

No, hubby didn't get his one ticket yet. Someone said that those tickets arrive closer to the show. I don't like that. I want to see them hanging on my wall, in my possession!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom