MUSE Part 4 Just when the US Tour is starting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay okay okay, I am finally listening to Showbiz all the way through for the first time, and yes, I just purchased the digital album. I have only listened to songs here and there online. So, with that said, I can see where this Radiohead argument started. I want to find Thom Yorke's criticism about this album. Anyone know where I can find it?

Sorry for digging up old arguments.

I want to find Thom Yorke's criticism about this album. Anyone know where I can find it?

The only thing I remember is an interview from around Showbiz era that someone posted in the official Muse forum, where Thom Yorke called Muse awful when asked an opinion about them. Otherwise, the comments I've seen from either band on each other were fairly neutral and polite.

I've got Showbiz but I don't even keep it on the shelf together with the rest of my CD collection. The only time I'd listen to songs from that album is when they play them live; the jazzed-up Cave they've been playing at the start of the tour was actually pretty damn great.

The only thing I remember is an interview from around Showbiz era that someone posted in the official Muse forum, where Thom Yorke called Muse awful when asked an opinion about them. Otherwise, the comments I've seen from either band on each other were fairly neutral and polite.

I've got Showbiz but I don't even keep it on the shelf together with the rest of my CD collection. The only time I'd listen to songs from that album is when they play them live; the jazzed-up Cave they've been playing at the start of the tour was actually pretty damn great.

yeah i like that version of Cave... I would LOVE to hear that live tonite.. :pray: but alas not.. All I want is BLISS... damn it..:sad:

I am so excited tho regardless... Even tho its my last Muse show for now unless they come back to the states for another leg (which would be so awesome). So I am sure I will be going into a major MUSEdepression starting on sunday.. :sad:

Hope I can get some decent pics from my seats with my new camera and I hope I can bring it in..

Maybe they'll do something at the last minute in LA since there's over a week in Calif. between Tucson and Mexico.

They're playing Tucson, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Indio. They must enjoy cacti.

Or they could use a geography lesson :der:

:laugh:

I still really like Sunburn and Muscle Museum, I've tried to forget everything else. They played Sunburn the first time I saw them, actually.

chilling in the hotel before the show.. hung out with iris and alma today, ate sushi, and walked to times square. So EXCITED! and sad at the same time... Last show for me for now..

will enjoy every damn second of this show.:drool:

Seems like everyone who went last night needs some time to recover. ;) Excellent show last night, but I expected it to be. :D Great crowd too. Only downer was that the sound left a bit to be desired, at least from where I was sitting.

Here's the best video I took of last night. :)

YouTube - Muse New Born MSG NYC 3/5/10

I just got back from the Boston show and I am :hyper:

Fab show. The sound was great except near the beginning of New Born and Matt switched guitars. The bass at the start of Hysteria :drool:

My only complaint was the inclusion of Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Admittedly I did sing along to Feeling Good, but I couldn't fake it during Guiding Light. That song bores me to tears :sad: Still a fantastic show. I hope they don't take too long to tour around here again.

I just got back from the Boston show and I am :hyper:

Fab show. The sound was great except near the beginning of New Born and Matt switched guitars. The bass at the start of Hysteria :drool:

My only complaint was the inclusion of Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Admittedly I did sing along to Feeling Good, but I couldn't fake it during Guiding Light. That song bores me to tears :sad: Still a fantastic show. I hope they don't take too long to tour around here again.

I took a bathroom break during Guiding Light. :reject: Although I wasn't the only one, a line had formed outside the ladies' room during that song!

Muse was AMAZING last night!!!! The stage is just....wow. :drool: I lost my voice. My seat was awesome. When I can, ill write a proper review.

glad you all had an AMAZING TIME at the shows.. I know I sure did...this week was beyond EPIC! for me. I have a MUSEover and I never want to come out of it...LOL

There is lots of talk going around on the muse boards that they will be back in the states in the Fall and one of the cities mentioned was Los Angeles (they are saying sometime in October). Also mentioned was Florida. So where ever they end up on the east coast I will be there without a doubt!:hyper:

I took about 400 pics from all three shows so I will go thru them hopefully today and post some. I think I got some good ones.

I took a bathroom break during Guiding Light. :reject: Although I wasn't the only one, a line had formed outside the ladies' room during that song!

I saw a couple of people do the same, and I don't blame them.

Muse was AMAZING last night!!!! The stage is just....wow. :drool: I lost my voice. My seat was awesome. When I can, ill write a proper review.

My voice was so hoarse by the time I left, but it was worth it. Our row 1 seats were great, but I was on the aisle which made it a little hard to see Matt when he was up on the far left (my left) of the stage. Luckily I could lean against the front barrier so that I was facing him and had an awesome view.

My friend's daughter recorded a couple of songs, so hopefully they'll come out good and I'll share them once uploaded.

I just read a review of last night's show in the Boston Herald and thought this quote was interesting.

Form should follow function in rock ’n’ roll. If you’re a dirty bar band, you should be playing dirty bars. If you’re a sophisticated jazz singer, you should be playing sophisticated jazz clubs. It’s a pretty simple concept, but it’s ignored by too many. Green Day and James Taylor shouldn’t be at the Garden.

But Muse knows where it belongs. And thankfully the band has fans and theatrics to put it where it belongs.
Not bad praise. I hope I don't have to wait too long to see them again.

Interesting comment at the start of the review on Muse selling out the venue despite the lack of a platinum record or Top 10 hit. I've always found it intriguing that their live popularity seems so disproportional to their sales figures (which are of course affected by factors like illegal downloading etc. but so are everyone else's). If you look at their UK figures even, they've done well in charts over the years but never had what you'd call huge astronomical success. When their first Wembley shows in 2007 were announced I've seen lots of surprised comments along the lines of, wow are they really that big.

Oh, and here's a video I've found from the MSG concert of the middle part of Unnatural Selection! :drool: That person has more videos as well if you click on More From on YouTube page:

YouTube - Muse @ MSG - Unnatural Selection (break only) in HD! 3/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom