MUSE Part 4 Just when the US Tour is starting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo, happy to see there's still massive Muse discussion going on :). I haven't really fully scanned through the thread yet-how are the new songs going over here in the U.S. (particularly "I Belong To You" or the "Exogenesis" symphony)?

I am not at all surprised at the postponing of their Denver show-you don't want to mess with the snow in the Vail area, the Vail Pass is a bitch to drive through in winter weather, as my parents found out when we used to drive through there when we lived in Colorado. It's nasty. I feel bad for Denver, but better safe than sorry.

So, October's the new time frame for a make-up show for Denver, eh? *Hopes for a show on or around the 6th, as that would make for a lovely birthday gift* Hopefully my family'll be in a better spot by then, more financially stable and stuff, perhaps I can try and get out there for that show. I have a goal to strive for now. Yay.

Sorry about the whole ticket mess, too, joyfulgirl. Glad you're getting it sorted out, though.

Angela

Woo, happy to see there's still massive Muse discussion going on :). I haven't really fully scanned through the thread yet-how are the new songs going over here in the U.S. (particularly "I Belong To You" or the "Exogenesis" symphony)?

I am not at all surprised at the postponing of their Denver show-you don't want to mess with the snow in the Vail area, the Vail Pass is a bitch to drive through in winter weather, as my parents found out when we used to drive through there when we lived in Colorado. It's nasty. I feel bad for Denver, but better safe than sorry.

So, October's the new time frame for a make-up show for Denver, eh? *Hopes for a show on or around the 6th, as that would make for a lovely birthday gift* Hopefully my family'll be in a better spot by then, more financially stable and stuff, perhaps I can try and get out there for that show. I have a goal to strive for now. Yay.

Sorry about the whole ticket mess, too, joyfulgirl. Glad you're getting it sorted out, though.

Angela

Denver Show is set for Oct 2nd at the Pepsi Center..

They are playing Exogenesis 1 live and its BEAUTIFUL!:love: They haven't played I Belong To You and I doubt they will..

They are playing: Uprising,The Resistance, United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light (lot of fans don't like this one), Mk Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Undisclosed Desires.

I just hope it's on a weekend! And I saw Kasabian & Jet open for Oasis at the Hollywood Bowl. I don't remember much. Just that they all started to sound similar :reject: But it does sound like a good bill.

Maddy said her & her friend were talking about how cool their English teacher was that she travelled to Vegas to see Muse. :love:

Denver Show is set for Oct 2nd at the Pepsi Center..

Ooh, okay, thanks for the info :). The 2nd works, that's close enough :yes:.

They are playing Exogenesis 1 live and its BEAUTIFUL!:love: They haven't played I Belong To You and I doubt they will..

Boo :(. I like that song. But glad to hear that about "Exogenesis", I'm very curious about how they're pulling that one off. May have to zip over to YouTube and check out some video clips.

They are playing: Uprising,The Resistance, United States of Eurasia, Guiding Light (lot of fans don't like this one), Mk Ultra, Unnatural Selection, Undisclosed Desires.

Okay, cool, that's a fine list as is. I actually like "Guiding Light"-it's so totally 80s cheese, yes, but it's pretty 80s cheese and I really like Matt's voice on the song. He seems to be maturing more vocally on that album. At least that's how I hear it *Shrugs*.

Angela

Hey Moonlit_Angel! Great to see you back here! :wave:

Boo :(. I like that song.

It's one of my favourites from the album :heart: I think I've seen an interview before the tour started where Matt mentioned that they doubted I Belong To You would be played live much, and that they gave the remix to the Twilight soundtrack so that the song would get exposure in some other way.

and I really like Matt's voice on the song. He seems to be maturing more vocally on that album. At least that's how I hear it *Shrugs*.

I'm with you on that. I'd say that it's only after this album that I'd count Matt as one of my favourite singers, though I really liked his vocals on Black Holes as well.

I'm hoping for at least 1 Northeast show, as I said before. DC, NYC, Boston or Philly.

I could think of something else to do with the boys and a drink...but I won't go there :shifty:... Ehem.

Aaaaaaaanyway...

Hey Moonlit_Angel! Great to see you back here! :wave:

Hello :wave:! Thanks.

It's one of my favourites from the album :heart: I think I've seen an interview before the tour started where Matt mentioned that they doubted I Belong To You would be played live much, and that they gave the remix to the Twilight soundtrack so that the song would get exposure in some other way.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I wasn't sure how a song that veers off into French lyrics from an old opera halfway through would go over here in the U.S., so that's why I was curious. It's a shame, but oh, well. As long as we hear it in some way, it's worth it. Just would be fun to hear it live, is all.

That is my favorite song off the album :). It's just so out of character for the band, it amuses me greatly and makes me smile. I love it when they truly sound like they're having goofy fun with a song (that's why I like "Knights Of Cydonia", too. They know it's crazy and they don't care).

I'm with you on that. I'd say that it's only after this album that I'd count Matt as one of my favourite singers, though I really liked his vocals on Black Holes as well.

Good, I'm not alone. Yeah, his voice sounded great on the last album, too-he seems to really be coming into his own and exercising more control with it, and he sounds quite nice as a result. I remember reading an article with them in Spin last year where he said the band seems to finally be comfortable being themselves, and I think that definitely shows on the new album.

Angela

ok, a couple more dates leaked.. let's see if they pan out...

all ya LA Peeps:

9/23 at Honda Civic Center
9/25 Staples Center

Tickets on sale 4/24 at 10 am

someone who was a Coachella saw this in a flyer.. waiting for a pic of it to be posted...

so it looks like the next leg of the tour starts in so cal! :hyper: Their last european date is the wembley shows 9/10 and 9/11 so that gives them 2 weeks between those dates.. plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom