MUSE Part 4 Just when the US Tour is starting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a radio festival-type show at the fairgrounds which is way too far southeast for me to want to go. standing room only and going to be a pain in the ass on about 73 levels.

i saw them 3 and a half years ago at another festival show from the same radio station but it was at our minor league ballpark. had tonight's show been at the ballpark, i would have considered it because i could have sat in the stands.

i did read the .mu boards, funny to see people getting excited about phoenix/vegas/tucson on consecutive days

it's a radio festival-type show at the fairgrounds which is way too far southeast for me to want to go. standing room only and going to be a pain in the ass on about 73 levels.

i saw them 3 and a half years ago at another festival show from the same radio station but it was at our minor league ballpark. had tonight's show been at the ballpark, i would have considered it because i could have sat in the stands.

i did read the .mu boards, funny to see people getting excited about phoenix/vegas/tucson on consecutive days

u possibly at a Muse concert.. what is the world coming to? :yikes:

awesome! what other show did you go to?

I saw them in 2006 in Davis, CA where they opened for The Strokes. The venue only held about 3000, so I managed to have a good spot right in the front. I'd say 80% of the people were there to see Muse. They really made The Strokes look like amateurs.

I saw them again 6 months later in San Francisco. They headlined this time and played a bit over 2 hours. They killed it that night!! One of the best shows I have ever seen. The energy was incredible.

Maddy told me yesterday that her English teacher saw Muse in Vegas. She was commenting on how the new album referred to Orwell's 1984, etc. :nerd:

I saw them in 2006 in Davis, CA where they opened for The Strokes. The venue only held about 3000, so I managed to have a good spot right in the front. I'd say 80% of the people were there to see Muse. They really made The Strokes look like amateurs.

I saw them again 6 months later in San Francisco. They headlined this time and played a bit over 2 hours. They killed it that night!! One of the best shows I have ever seen. The energy was incredible.

Ahh.. so the second time you saw them it was their black holes and revelations tour in 2007? Over 2hrs is alot for them. Yes, the energy is definitely WAY UP there..

u ARE GONNA LOVE this show then.. Amazing stage production and everything.:drool::hyper:

Ahh.. so the second time you saw them it was their black holes and revelations tour in 2007? Over 2hrs is alot for them.

It was one of those shows where you know the band is out to give 200% and leave you floored. Plus the opening band sucked and maybe they were out to make up for that fiasco. They also had a pretty good setlist, minus a few favorites:

Take a Bow
Hysteria
Supermassive Blackhole
Map of the Problematique
Butterfiles & Hurricanes
Assassin
Sing for Absolution
Citizen Erased
Hoodoo
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Starlight
Blues Jam
Time is Running Out
New Born

encore 1
Soldiers
Invincible
Kaoss Jam
Stockholm Syndrome

encore 2
City of Delusion
Plug-in Baby
Knights of Cydonia

So I get to exchange my tickets for the Denver show today, but it starts when I'm in a meeting. :happy:

The good times continue.

It was one of those shows where you know the band is out to give 200% and leave you floored. Plus the opening band sucked and maybe they were out to make up for that fiasco. They also had a pretty good setlist, minus a few favorites:

Take a Bow
Hysteria
Supermassive Blackhole
Map of the Problematique
Butterfiles & Hurricanes
Assassin
Sing for Absolution
Citizen Erased
Hoodoo
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Starlight
Blues Jam
Time is Running Out
New Born

encore 1
Soldiers
Invincible
Kaoss Jam
Stockholm Syndrome

encore 2
City of Delusion
Plug-in Baby
Knights of Cydonia

holy shit! what date, venue is that show? I am gonna go look for the boot..:hyper: seriously i want to get this.. You know if the boot is out there in torrent land somewhere or Muse bootlegs site?

holy shit! what date, venue is that show? I am gonna go look for the boot..:hyper: seriously i want to get this.. You know if the boot is out there in torrent land somewhere or Muse bootlegs site?

The date was 4/9/07 San Francisco Civic Center.
I've searched for a recording forever and never came up with anything other than some short, low quality youtube vids. If you find anything, please let me know!!

When I got out of my meeting I immediately went online to exchange my tickets. I actually thought I might get better seats since the venue is now three times larger but I was offered terrible seats. So I decided to try for two individual seats instead of two seats together (I'd much rather sit in a good seat alone than a bad seat with a friend - I guess I'm weird that way) and did better - front row on the side, though it's not exactly a section right by the stage or anything but it's the same place I sat for U2 once and it was amazing - so then when I went to get a second individual seat it says sorry, you've used up your exchange offer. I then fired off a bitchy email to customer service that had a number of typos in it.

No. I should just call but don't want to subject my colleagues to my private drama. It was bad enough that I was shaking my leg and checking the time constantly throughout the meeting.

I don't really care about the second ticket as long as I get a refund, which I'm sure I will. The friend who was going with me last week bailed so he's lame and won't be invited again. Mainly I just wanted to have a choice of seats, sell the other one, or get a refund. But I'm quite happy with the one seat I now have. Happier than before, actually, even though the venue is way bigger (I guess it's the way everyone else has been seeing them on this tour so no need to whine about that).

Anymore word on the .mu board about possible US dates for the fall?? I would dearly love to bookend my 2010 concert experience thusly: Feb - Muse; June - U2, U2; Oct/Nov - Muse. :drool: X a googleplex :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom