MUSE Part 4 Just when the US Tour is starting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodstock.gif

^yep... that's been up since their SXSW gig in texas (the one that they were supposed to restream the whole show last sunday but due to technical problems only got 2 songs) on their myspace page..

we anxiously await the announcement... :shifty:

Matt is in the new issue of the Q magazine, as one of the 100 Greatest Frontmen. There's a short article where he talks about being a reluctant frontman (kindly typed up by one of the Muse board folks):

When you look at someone like Liam Gallagher or Bono you get the feeling, these people were born to it. There are natural rock stars, Liam Gallagher just has to get up in the morning and he’s a rock star in his pyjamas. Whatever he does within his day is somewhat infused with that quality, which is amazing and to be honest I don’t feel like one of them. I don’t live it, I don’t think I could believe in myself if I swaggered around doing what rock stars do, I think I am too questioning to have that unbridled sense.

I always wanted to make something happen with music and I always wanted to write songs. But the frontman thing was an accident. When we were in our first band, Gothic Plague, the other members were happy to do covers, the idea that we write our own songs didn’t go down too well. But I had to put my money where my mouth was and become the singer. I really didn’t want to, we just couldn’t find anyone else to be in our band. And to be honest that sense of being a reluctant frontman has stayed with me.

Anyone who comes to see Muse is not going to see Matt Bellamy the swaggering rock god, you’re coming to hopefully see one of the best live shows around and hear some good music, we have put a lot of time and effort and not to mention lights and balloons into proving a few distractions from the fact that there isn’t a Freddie Mercury in front of you. You don’t get that many t shirts with Matt Bellamy on the front by himself and that’s absolutely fine with me. Also you don’t hear many Muse songs which are about me. Bono and Liam Gallagher have a way of filtering their personas through song which is interesting. They can write quite personally. I find that difficult or should I say I don’t think it would be very interesting. I am interested in political issues and science and stuff and I find a way of writing stories about that in song. Why should I give away anything personal? Who’s interested? But for example, Stockholm Syndrome the psychological phenomenon which leads captives to fall in love with their captors is interesting. I find it much easier to immerse myself in a subject like that and write from the point of view of a persona in a fictitious scenario. That feels more real to me in some strange sort of way.

Being a frontman in the modern age isn’t about being charismatic onstage anymore, you have to pull it off world stage with presidents and prime ministers. I’ve held off backing a cause like Bono or Chris Martin, they do a great job but I’m not naturally good with attention and I'd look like an idiot being a spokesman. I really do feel, how on earth do they do it? I do admire it, I don’t have that sort of confidence. I don’t beat myself up about that, I believe it's quite normal to think, why the fuck is everyone looking at me? Human insecurity is natural you might even say it's an admirable quality because it keeps one questioning and investigating. Obviously it's not so great when you are walking out onstage in front of 70,000 people at Wembley stadium, that’s when you have to summon up any pretension to being a rock god that you possibly can and let the music do the rest.

Matt is way too modest :cute:

I thought this was funny. I never heard this piece of news before:

Celine Dion was also threatened with legal action in 2002 when she planned to name her Las Vegas show "Muse," despite the band owning the worldwide performing rights to the name. Celine Dion offered $50,000 for the rights but Muse rejected this with Bellamy stating that "We don't want to turn up there with people thinking we're Celine Dion's backing band." Eventually Dion was forced to back down

hah!

I thought this was funny. I never heard this piece of news before:

Celine Dion was also threatened with legal action in 2002 when she planned to name her Las Vegas show "Muse," despite the band owning the worldwide performing rights to the name. Celine Dion offered $50,000 for the rights but Muse rejected this with Bellamy stating that "We don't want to turn up there with people thinking we're Celine Dion's backing band." Eventually Dion was forced to back down

hah!

:lol: don't mess with THE MUSE! haha!

Seems like everyone who went last night needs some time to recover. ;) Excellent show last night, but I expected it to be. :D Great crowd too. Only downer was that the sound left a bit to be desired, at least from where I was sitting.

Here's the best video I took of last night. :)

YouTube - Muse New Born MSG NYC 3/5/10

Oh my god....There are eyes on the screen. I thought they were cannons when I was at the show. :lol: :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom