MUSE Part 4 Just when the US Tour is starting! - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #136
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saracene View Post
I've got Showbiz but I don't even keep it on the shelf together with the rest of my CD collection. The only time I'd listen to songs from that album is when they play them live; the jazzed-up Cave they've been playing at the start of the tour was actually pretty damn great.

I still really like Sunburn and Muscle Museum, I've tried to forget everything else. They played Sunburn the first time I saw them, actually.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:11 PM
chilling in the hotel before the show.. hung out with iris and alma today, ate sushi, and walked to times square. So EXCITED! and sad at the same time... Last show for me for now..

will enjoy every damn second of this show.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I still really like Sunburn and Muscle Museum, I've tried to forget everything else.
I quite like Uno as well; the lyrics are pure adolescent angst but the song has a nice tango flavour to it. I'd be interested to see them try and re-invent it like they did with Cave.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Seems like everyone who went last night needs some time to recover. Excellent show last night, but I expected it to be. Great crowd too. Only downer was that the sound left a bit to be desired, at least from where I was sitting.

Here's the best video I took of last night.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: Somewhere between The Edge, Matt Bellamy and Brian Fallon
pop artist, thanks for posting! our sound was pretty good up in the rafters the show was fanfreakntastic!!!! i'm still pumped from it!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #141
Refugee

I just got back from the Boston show and I am

Fab show. The sound was great except near the beginning of New Born and Matt switched guitars. The bass at the start of Hysteria

My only complaint was the inclusion of Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Admittedly I did sing along to Feeling Good, but I couldn't fake it during Guiding Light. That song bores me to tears Still a fantastic show. I hope they don't take too long to tour around here again.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyJ View Post
I just got back from the Boston show and I am

Fab show. The sound was great except near the beginning of New Born and Matt switched guitars. The bass at the start of Hysteria

My only complaint was the inclusion of Guiding Light and Feeling Good. Admittedly I did sing along to Feeling Good, but I couldn't fake it during Guiding Light. That song bores me to tears Still a fantastic show. I hope they don't take too long to tour around here again.
I took a bathroom break during Guiding Light. Although I wasn't the only one, a line had formed outside the ladies' room during that song!
Old 03-07-2010, 04:15 AM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
I took a bathroom break during Guiding Light.
I don't blame you, I'd probably do the same I don't skip the track when I listen to the album or anything but I won't cry if I never hear it at their shows.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Muse was AMAZING last night!!!! The stage is just....wow. I lost my voice. My seat was awesome. When I can, ill write a proper review.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

glad you all had an AMAZING TIME at the shows.. I know I sure did...this week was beyond EPIC! for me. I have a MUSEover and I never want to come out of it...LOL

There is lots of talk going around on the muse boards that they will be back in the states in the Fall and one of the cities mentioned was Los Angeles (they are saying sometime in October). Also mentioned was Florida. So where ever they end up on the east coast I will be there without a doubt!

I took about 400 pics from all three shows so I will go thru them hopefully today and post some. I think I got some good ones.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

if anyone has me as friend of facebook I posted a bunch of pics from the Baltimore and NY show so check em out.. I love my macbook pro and iPhoto cuz I can select and post right to FB without having to mess with the pics.

not sure if this link will work: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1211860041
Old 03-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #147
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Artist View Post
I took a bathroom break during Guiding Light. Although I wasn't the only one, a line had formed outside the ladies' room during that song!
I saw a couple of people do the same, and I don't blame them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daygloeyes2 View Post
Muse was AMAZING last night!!!! The stage is just....wow. I lost my voice. My seat was awesome. When I can, ill write a proper review.
My voice was so hoarse by the time I left, but it was worth it. Our row 1 seats were great, but I was on the aisle which made it a little hard to see Matt when he was up on the far left (my left) of the stage. Luckily I could lean against the front barrier so that I was facing him and had an awesome view.

My friend's daughter recorded a couple of songs, so hopefully they'll come out good and I'll share them once uploaded.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 02:11 PM
I too took off for the toilets last night when Guiding Light started!

My MUSE tour is finished, at least for the Winter/Spring/Summer. I am tired but loved and enjoyed every minute of it. I am glad I was able to experience it with several people from this board!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #149
Refugee

I just read a review of last night's show in the Boston Herald and thought this quote was interesting.

Quote:
Form should follow function in rock ’n’ roll. If you’re a dirty bar band, you should be playing dirty bars. If you’re a sophisticated jazz singer, you should be playing sophisticated jazz clubs. It’s a pretty simple concept, but it’s ignored by too many. Green Day and James Taylor shouldn’t be at the Garden.

But Muse knows where it belongs. And thankfully the band has fans and theatrics to put it where it belongs.
Not bad praise. I hope I don't have to wait too long to see them again.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #150
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Interesting comment at the start of the review on Muse selling out the venue despite the lack of a platinum record or Top 10 hit. I've always found it intriguing that their live popularity seems so disproportional to their sales figures (which are of course affected by factors like illegal downloading etc. but so are everyone else's). If you look at their UK figures even, they've done well in charts over the years but never had what you'd call huge astronomical success. When their first Wembley shows in 2007 were announced I've seen lots of surprised comments along the lines of, wow are they really that big.

Oh, and here's a video I've found from the MSG concert of the middle part of Unnatural Selection! That person has more videos as well if you click on More From on YouTube page: