Muse Cont'd.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am so sick of hearing "starlight" on the radio. almost makes me want to go back to not listening to the radio...

IWasBored said:
i am so sick of hearing "starlight" on the radio. almost makes me want to go back to not listening to the radio...

I would much rather have Starlight, or any Muse song, than that 'Shadow of the Day' Linkin Park song that's constantly on here. Count your blessings, IWB. Or I'll slap you.

I hate Starlight... and I can't understand why some people love it

it goes nowhere... no good chorus, no power, no explotion... nothing... maybe a good bridge, but not enough

PIB, TIROut... THOSE are songs.. :drool:

Well, I'm one of those people who love Starlight, :wink: Lovely piano riff and the live clap-along is always fun; Matt is usually away in his own little world when he performs and it's nice to see him interact with the crowd in a more direct way. I like that they can write a straightforward poppy tune like this *and* something like New Born.

Plus, except for Triple J Muse do not exist as far as the commercial radio is concerned here in Australia, so it doesn't suffer from the overplay factor (which I can easily imagine getting annoying).

U2democrat said:
My feelings for Starlight wax and wane. On it's own it's a great song...but compared to their others, well, there is no comparison.

tend to agree with ya there.. considering not much is played (in way of variety on XM radio its either this song, supermassive black hole or knights of Cydonia) I don't mind hearing it on the radio but not the song I would go nuts on.. There are SO MANY others that just kick this song's ass.. :rockon: :D

From what I gathered, they might play some new songs at the V Festival... but the album won't be out until next year, :(

"More primal and stripped-down" sounds interesting, but then Matt's idea of stripped-down sound is, er, quite different to most people's, :)

From what I gathered, they might play some new songs at the V Festival... but the album won't be out until next year, :(

"More primal and stripped-down" sounds interesting, but then Matt's idea of stripped-down sound is, er, quite different to most people's, :)

yep, u sure got that right about Matt. :giggle: that's why we love him so...:D

I read that they'll be doing a song for the Twilight movie :shifty:

(My friends are obsessed with the Twilight series and are going to make me see the movie with them...with Muse involved I can't complain :up: )

I'm not going to lie, the idea of Muse even remotely being involved with Twilight is almost on par as if they were on the "28 Dresses' or 'Space Chimps' Soundtracks. And people give U2 crap for selling out to crappy movies, this is just as bad if not worse. I thought this band was better than that.

never heard of this series.. is it british? Any links?:wink:

It's a series of young adult books about a teenaged girl who moves to the Pacific Northwest and falls in love with a vampire ... something like that.

The author is a Mormon housewife and has become a huge phenomenon. The third (?) book in the series comes out this year and may (or may not) be of Harry Potter proportions, in the world of books. Midnight sales and all that.

Lots of scuttlebutt on the internet about the movie and the casting and all that good stuff.

I haven't read the books yet, but I'd like to at least read the first one out of curiosity. I'm only #399 in line to reserve it at the library! :lol:

The author is a Mormon housewife

Which is admittedly part of why I hate hearing about these books/movie so much. Utah can be a major bubble, and hearing nearly every female I meet talk about these friggin' books is beyond aggravating.

It's a series of young adult books about a teenaged girl who moves to the Pacific Northwest and falls in love with a vampire ... something like that.

The author is a Mormon housewife and has become a huge phenomenon. The third (?) book in the series comes out this year and may (or may not) be of Harry Potter proportions, in the world of books. Midnight sales and all that.

Lots of scuttlebutt on the internet about the movie and the casting and all that good stuff.

I haven't read the books yet, but I'd like to at least read the first one out of curiosity. I'm only #399 in line to reserve it at the library! :lol:

thanks cori!:wink:

Muse - Teatro Caupolican, Santiago 2008.07.26 show is up on DIME.:hyper:

downloading this one too...

check out the setlist:

01. New Born
02. Dead star
03. Map of problematique
04. Supermassive black hole
05. Butterflies & Hurricanes
06. Citizen erased
07. Feeling good
08. Drum & Bass
09. Invincible
10. Hysteria
11. Starlight
12. Time is running out
13. Stockholm syndrome

14. encore
15. Take a bow
16. Plug in baby
17. Knights of Cydonia

:drool:

Which is admittedly part of why I hate hearing about these books/movie so much. Utah can be a major bubble, and hearing nearly every female I meet talk about these friggin' books is beyond aggravating.

Hai guys! Here's a photo of U2popscumbo with the last "female" he met.

blowupdoll.jpg

:barf:

Damn you Joss Whedon.. :tsk:

Awwww, the first three seasons of Buffy were great, :heart: And I've got a soft spot for Buffy/Angel, Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz had wonderful onscreen chemistry, :wink:

I'm all for mixing up setlists but I must say I really don't like Dead Star. Hope they never play it at any show I attend in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom