Muse and The Cloud Room (opening SF show, and my new friend) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:54 AM
Indeed. Just got the tix today.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:38 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
those pictures are fucking amazing!
Completely, I can't wait until November

Good idea about the camping thing Zooropa1310, I don't want to be halfway back and be unable to see a thing - thanks

Old 07-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

HeartlandGirl and I will also be there.

We'll be the ones rocking out.
sweet, i'll be the one with the goat
Old 07-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat

Wait till Bee sees this.

Verrrrrrrrry nice pictures, Zooropa1310.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #20
Refugee

Local Time: 09:54 AM
I can't wait to see Muse for the first time... I'm sure they're amazing. Their music is just unique! I hope they came here soon!!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #21
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Ok, the show was awesome last night! It was the first time I or HG had seen Muse live, so we both had a lot of fun. HG's highlight was Stockholm Syndrome, which I also rocked out to in large amounts. I'm not sure what my favorite was since I liked pretty much the entire show a great deal. I was surprised by how good Supermassive Black Hole was live. I was quite happy to hear Sunburn too, as I wasn't expecting anything from Showbiz. I rocked out greatly to Plug In Baby, I do believe my fist pounded the air a few times to that one. Overall, very enjoyable and cool show. As I've heard numerous times, Muse is defintely great live.

I'd like to see a setlist if anyone compiled one.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

As always, Muse put on a fucking awesome show last night. They played just about everything I was hoping to hear. I had a good idea what they were going to play since I listened to the soundcheck (though, they did rehearse Apocalypse Please which wasn't performed last night), but it didn't hinder my experience at all. Another perk was standing right in front of Matt. Man oh man, what an amazing performer. I had a huge grin on my face throughout the whole show. I must've looked like a complete dork

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Ok, the show was awesome last night! It was the first time I or HG had seen Muse live, so we both had a lot of fun. HG's highlight was Stockholm Syndrome, which I also rocked out to in large amounts. I'm not sure what my favorite was since I liked pretty much the entire show a great deal. I was surprised by how good Supermassive Black Hole was live. I was quite happy to hear Sunburn too, as I wasn't expecting anything from Showbiz. I rocked out greatly to Plug In Baby, I do believe my fist pounded the air a few times to that one. Overall, very enjoyable and cool show. As I've heard numerous times, Muse is defintely great live.

I'd like to see a setlist if anyone compiled one.

Yes, yes, yes

Stockholm Syndrome was one of my personal highlights too (and City of Delusion, obviously). You can tell that's one of the band's favorite songs to perform live. They absolutely rip the stage.

Honestly, it was practically a flawless show from start to finish. I don't care too much for Soldier's Poem, but it's rather short anyway. I was ecstatic that Sunburn made a return and that Knights of Cydonia closed the set. The stage setup blew me away - the galloping horses on screen, the screens projecting the lyrics with the audience singing along and not to mention the way the band rocks out at the end of the song

Anyway, this is as much as I've been able to figure out from last night's set. Not sure on New Born's placement, though.

Take A Bow
Hysteria
Map Of The Problematique
Assassin
Butterflies And Hurricanes
Supermassive Black Hole
Sunburn
Soldier's Poem
Starlight
Plug In Baby
New Born (?)
City Of Delusion
Stockholm Syndrome
Encore:
Time Is Running Out
Knights of Cydonia

I have a couple of dodgy audio recordings

Annnnnd

Also briefly met Dom and Chris after the show and got them to sign my B&H CD jacket. Matt got bombarded by fans when he came out, so I didn't get a chance to get his signature. Very friendly guys though, especially Chris
Old 07-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Okay, here's the correct setlist:

1. Take a Bow
2. Hysteria
3. Map of the Problematique
4. New Born
5. Assassin
6. Butterflies & Hurricanes
7. Supermassive Black Hole
8. Sunburn
9. Soldier's Poem
10. Starlight
11. Plug in Baby
12. City of Delusion
13. Stockholm Syndrome
Encore:
14. Time is Running Out
15. Knights of Cydonia
16. Space Dementia (guitar instrumental outro)

And some of my semi-craptastic photos are here!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 AM   #24
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

come to my backyard Muse...

I'll take you guys to see Snakes on a Plane with me
Old 07-24-2006, 01:59 AM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

come to my backyard Muse...

I'll take you guys to see Snakes on a Plane with me

I just download "Starlight" off iTunes today. I love it so much! Does anyone else think that it sounds a bit like a Coldplay song, at least melody-wise? I apologize if this was already said.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:11 AM   #26
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by LikeNoOneBefore

I just download "Starlight" off iTunes today. I love it so much! Does anyone else think that it sounds a bit like a Coldplay song, at least melody-wise? I apologize if this was already said.
People normally say that Starlight sounds a lot like U2, funny you should say Coldplay .

So.... For all that saw Muse.... How would you compare it to a U2 show?

I feel like a traitor, U2 being my first concert, all time favorite band, and then... Me having thoughts that Muse was... better. QueenBee, you had front row, probably the EXACT spot as me, since you were in front of Matt. What did you think? Incredible?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 AM   #27
Refugee

I'll be at the Chicago show! I can't wait. The show they put on here in St. Louis on the last tour was amazing.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Zooropa1310
I feel like a traitor, U2 being my first concert, all time favorite band, and then... Me having thoughts that Muse was... better. QueenBee, you had front row, probably the EXACT spot as me, since you were in front of Matt. What did you think? Incredible?
Oh man. Mindblowingly incredible, especially being that close. Matt was very lively last night and approached my side of the stage quite a bit. I came close to touching his guitar but I was worried about dropping my camera. He seemed to have a lot of fun during Time Is Running Out. At one point he let the audience sing the chorus and he had a huge grin on his face. Quite rare for him

City Of Delusion blew me away just as I knew it would. I'm so thrilled they played it and followed it with Stockholm Syndrome. Two of my favorite Muse songs ever
Old 07-24-2006, 02:47 AM   #29
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I hope they get big in the US soon. I'm sick of this NICKELBACK, GREEN DAY!! STAIND, POD, LINKIN PARKKKK horseshit.

Atleast have that Oasis-level of fame that the Gallagher bros. had from '95-'97.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 AM   #30
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee

Oh man. Mindblowingly incredible, especially being that close. Matt was very lively last night and approached my side of the stage quite a bit. I came close to touching his guitar but I was worried about dropping my camera. He seemed to have a lot of fun during Time Is Running Out. At one point he let the audience sing the chorus and he had a huge grin on his face. Quite rare for him

City Of Delusion blew me away just as I knew it would. I'm so thrilled they played it and followed it with Stockholm Syndrome. Two of my favorite Muse songs ever

I loved that part, where he walks away from the mic for the "I wont let you murder it, I wont let you smother it" (I chose those lyrics, because I can't spell "barry it," and I would look like an idiot trying to )

EDIT: And I agree... he doesn't seem to smile much. He seems like a very angry person. Did you happen to get any pictures with the band? And what time did they come out for autogaphs and such? They came out at about 2am for us... so only 7 people were left lol