Muse - Absolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bsp77 said:

Great insight

Sorry for expressing my opinion. ;) I just find them to be overblown with all the guitar-wank, and then there is the fact that their songs seem to lack heart, I don't think there is any soul there..very cold stuff.

I think if you listen to the stuff more carefully you can interpret and underlying meaning, I personally wouldn't describe it as "guitar-wank".

Sleep Over Jack said:

Sorry for expressing my opinion. ;) I just find them to be overblown with all the guitar-wank, and then there is the fact that their songs seem to lack heart, I don't think there is any soul there..very cold stuff.

Hey, it is cool if you express your opinion, I just don't think you were trying to express it very well before. You did better this time. :wink: I actually see where you are coming from, even though I disagree. I enjoy Muse because it is like listening to some grand opera on crack.

Total U2 Nut said:
I think if you listen to the stuff more carefully you can interpret and underlying meaning, I personally wouldn't describe it as "guitar-wank".

I disagree..there are some bands that you just dislike on a gut level, and Muse are one of those sorts for me. I am all for "underlying meanings" but if the songs as a whole are overblown and leave me cold then really, I am not going to like them.

bsp77 said:

Hey, it is cool if you express your opinion, I just don't think you were trying to express it very well before. You did better this time. :wink: I actually see where you are coming from, even though I disagree. I enjoy Muse because it is like listening to some grand opera on crack.

See, that is another thing I don't like about them, the singer's voice is just...soulless and uninteresting to me. Muse are too mechanical and remind me of bad 70s excesses at times.

saw them live last year and they were absolutely incredible. I hate to say it but they almost beat out u2 as my fav live band. Matt Bellamy is the one of the greatest, most charasmatic frontman/guitar players ever. They came out and totally blew the place down. Stockholm Syndrome live was the most blissful 5 minutes of my life. I'll never forget it. ever. Absolution is a mind-blowing, earth-shattering, life-changing album.

grbounds said:
Muse are better than Radiohead were at this point in their career. Yes, they're that good. :drool:

Well, Radiohead's third album was Ok Computer.. Muse's third album is absolution..

I'll just leave it at that.

david said:

Well, Radiohead's third album was Ok Computer.. Muse's third album is absolution..

I'll just leave it at that.

Yeah, I have to agree. Radiohead was better at that point, although I don't think any band had ever been that great by their third album, not U2, not The Beatles, etc.

What I find more interesting is to think of Muse as Radiohead's alternate career; where Radiohead could have gone after OKC. Both paths are great in my opinion.

um, wow, absolution cannot even touch ok computer. this is coming from a huge fan of both bands, absolution is even one of my favourite albums of the last five years. muse is still fantastic tho, cannot wait for the new album. if they emulate radiohead i hope they do so in musical adventurousness, i'd love to hear them do a "kid a" of experimental weirdness.

Back
Top Bottom