Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
Better find a new goddam guitar scale. I'm tired of hearing flamenco shit already just play a different scale.

they suck, but that have a song i don't hate. i can't remember what it's called, though.

thetitans2k said:
I'm so glad I discovered Muse they've become one of my favourite bands.

me too. They're proof that Best Of compilations do generate new fans. As someone as already said, they obviously have talent, even if their music isn't everyones taste.

Looking forward to Wembley.

No. Muse don't suck. A band that makes albums like "Origin of symmetry" and "Absolution" can't suck. Fact.

"Showbiz" and BHAR are more acquired tastes though.

My 2nd favourite band nowadays. it is easy to realize that if you look to my last fm.

:drool:

my biggest issue with muse is that i get tired of listening to them after not so long time.

U2Man said:
my biggest issue with muse is that i get tired of listening to them after not so long time.

Yeah... I feel pretty much the same way. I mean when I really want to rock out, something like Map Of The Problematique is perfect to listen to but after a while it gets tiring. I need a balance of rock and mellow which U2 does a better job at! :shrug:

Falling Away With You and Endlessly are pretty good for mellow songs, but you guys are right, the downfall of Muse is that you get tired of them after a while.

I never get tired of Knights of Cydonia though.

MacPhistoPT said:

It's an opinion. Fact.

OK I suppose this is a thread more for Muse appreciation rather than derision, so I will graciously step out of the way. A lot of the cool people on this board (zoney, HeartlandGirl, u2popmofo, Elvis Presley et al) are massive Muse fans and I don't want to annoy them further. :wink:

in every way possible? U2 are better than Muse in many aspects... but "every way possible" is just plain stupid. Every Muse member is a better musician than any U2 member, and U2 can't rock so much as Muse do in songs like Stockhol Syndrome or Plug in Baby. Although, in the end, I probably like U2 more than Muse, even if I'm in a Muse phase right now.

MacPhistoPT said:
in every way possible? U2 are better than Muse in many aspects... but "every way possible" is just plain stupid. Every Muse member is a better musician than any U2 member, and U2 can't rock so much as Muse do in songs like Stockhol Syndrome or Plug in Baby. Although, in the end, I probably like U2 more than Muse, even if I'm in a Muse phase right now.

Muse are writing better songs than U2 presently.

And I'd say: Pop > Muse

I barely listen to U2 these days and that's still the truth.

inmyplace13 said:
And I'd say: Pop > Muse

I barely listen to U2 these days and that's still the truth.

Agreed, agreed, agreed.

Muse does get tiring. I don't know why. Every once in a while I'll want to listen to a song or two, but rarely do I put a whole album on the entire way through.

Muse is great though.

I've been listening to Muse since Origin Of Symetry and I never got tired of them... I can listen to Absolution from begining to end every week... Maybe I'm little crazy:wink: But I know that, as for U2, this is not a phase. And please don't start comparing the two, they both have good things and "less good things". And they're really different, Muse is darker and U2 has more variety wich is normal because one band has four albums and the other has eleven:shrug:

My Muse song at the moment: Citizen Erased:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom