Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, its like ZooTv + Popmart combined into one giant orgy of awesomeness

561630535_b42f41ab74.jpg

564338641_494538658d.jpg

amazing

OK I'm going to make a statement that may be a bit controversial...especially around here...:shifty:

MUSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Radiohead.

:shifty:

U2democrat said:
OK I'm going to make a statement that may be a bit controversial...especially around here...:shifty:

MUSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Radiohead.

:shifty:

I'll give Muse some credit...they chose to spend an entire career ripping off Radiohead's best album. :wink:

I went to the second night.

Quite simply an awesome show. The screen was fantastic. And WITS was playing over the outside speakers when I arrived with 2 minutes to showtime.

Wembley Stadium :up:
Wembley Transport :down:

:lol:

I knew that would stir some people up :wink:

I don't think Muse copies Radiohead at all. You can hear inspiration in Muse's early stuff but the last few albums they've definitely developed their own sound.

I don't think Muse copies radiohead. They use more classical elements and have a more direct, pop-oriented, and more importantly rock the fuck out sound than Radiohead ever could.

Raidohead can suck Matt Bellamy's synth-arpeggio-draped dick for all I care.

Canadiens1160 said:
I don't think Muse copies radiohead. They use more classical elements and have a more direct, pop-oriented, and more importantly rock the fuck out sound than Radiohead ever could.

amen :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:

:ohmy:

:giggle:

Canadiens must have never heard My Iron Lung, Paranoid Android (which they steal from at least 6 times an album), Electioneering, or There There. Such a shame. :wink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6AOVgcX_Akw

And I don't know exactly who Matt Bellamy is, but I know he's nowhere near as awesome as Mike Rowe. I just saw Mike do this job that involves finding large snakes on the beach and grabbing them with his bare hands. I'd like to see Matt Bellamy do that.

It's supposed to be an example of Radiohead being better than everyone else in this section of the galaxy...

...except Mike Rowe.

The biggest problem I have with this little argument here is that Muse is supposed to be more awesome because they rock harder? Since when has that ever mattered?

Canadiens1160 said:

I believe this was the comment that implied we were also talking about quality here instead of merely difference.

But then again, Canadiens is just a dick sometimes, so I could have been reading too far into it. :wink:

Lancemc said:

I believe this was the comment that implied we were also talking about quality here instead of merely difference.

But then again, Canadiens is just a dick sometimes, so I could have been reading too far into it. :wink:
Well asked simply which band would I rather see solely based on live performance video, I would rather see Muse. I realize Radiohead is the 90s bedrock of alt rock, and anything released in the next ten to twenty years will be compared to them. That doesn't mean that I have any sympathy for people who can't distinguish one band's style from another.

Plus, I think Matt is a bit more of a showman and doesn't look like an idiot-savant behind the microphone live.

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
Canadiens must have never heard My Iron Lung, Paranoid Android (which they steal from at least 6 times an album), Electioneering, or There There. Such a shame. :wink:

There There :drool:

can Muse make an OK Computer??? :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom