Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:
Good to see they've been playing some new songs in the setlist recently (Unintended, Blackout and Microcuts)

I really really really hope they come back downunder this year :hyper:

I was so happy about Microcuts! I couldn't believe! I haven't heard it yet, I have to look for it. Unintended is not one of my favourites but I wouldn't mind listen to it live;)

And thanks for those links Total_U2_Nut!! Great versions of Feeeling Good and Supermassive!

(I agree with all you guys said about their hair:wink:)

No problem :wink: There's an article on Muse in this months Q, which I scanned in - I thought it was quite amusing :wink:

q-1.jpg
q1.jpg

q2.jpg
q3.jpg

I just got deeper into MusE and i really love it. Starlight was some kind of hymn for me last spring/summer. And Invincible is so beautiful. Which songs are also so slow and beautiful? (I mean Muse songs)

^^ Try Unintended, Endlessly, Falling Away With You, Blackout, Hyper Chondriac Music... Though they are more depressing when compared to Starlight and Invincible, they are slow and I think you'll like them;)

Wembley shows are so near:sad: I think I'm going to be depressed... A friend of mine is going, and he's all stressed by now... I hope they make a dvd so I can see the concert at least at home.

There are rumours that they're going to be taping the Saturday (fingers crossed, that's when I'm going :hyper: ) - there are still tickets for sale at face value if you're interested on musebay or scarlet mist :hmm: I think....

Oh, and in this weeks NME there's a free CD that's related to Muse somewhat (can't remember how) and it'll include their cover of Man Of Mystery - which I haven't heard, so that'll be good :up:

Total U2 Nut said:
There are rumours that they're going to be taping the Saturday (fingers crossed, that's when I'm going :hyper: ) - there are still tickets for sale at face value if you're interested on musebay or scarlet mist :hmm: I think....

I know there are still tickets but unfortunatelly I have other priorities for my money and my time right now... Responsability sucks:sad: (Though I'll see an Arcade Fire concert during exams time...)

That stage is just... wow... I don't think I'll want to see my friend this next week...

The only song of their's I never get tired of is "Shrinking Universe", the vocals at the end are just mind-boggling.

Man...y'all have fun at Wembley...it's going to be spectacular :drool:

Don't forget to report back EVERY DETAIL so we can live through you!

It's going to be amazing...and I hope it does come out on DVD :rockon:

Sure will :wink: I made myself a tee, just because I'm putting off doing actual work :uhoh: It's not quite finished, but I thought I'd share :wink:

Front
Picture019.jpg

Back
Picture016.jpg

The aliens are from Butch Gordon's cover for OOS that was never used.

Picture015.jpg

:hyper: 5 days :hyper:

Black :up:

Please Muse, please come to Central Florida. I will pay you in Schrutebucks :drool:

Black it is :yes:

What is it going to take for them to make it big in the US? Unfortunately I think they're almost too good for most peoples tastes in mainstream US music :angry:

Though I almost don't want them to make it big in the US so when they play here the venues are more accessible and cheaper...:shifty:

I thought Black Holes would be their breakthrough here in the states, it's their most accessible album by far, not to mention extremely good. :up:

I've lost all faith in American mainstream music tastes. :|

Yeah me too...when I'm around my friends and they're playing music from their libraries...all that pop/rock...pop...hip hop...etc.

Good lord it hurts my ears!!!!!

Then I put on some Muse and my mind, heart, and soul are at ease...:drool:

Queen Bee said:

Yeah, definitely go with the black one. I bought the second one on a whim at one of my Muse shows and have regretted it since - awful fabric :down:

Yeah, I bought one when I saw them back in November - it cost me £20, which for a shit quality tshirt that shrunk in the wash is alot. I know I'll be a sucker for their crap merchandise at Wembley though, I won't be able to help myself :uhoh:

Mine is also bad fabric... It's a pink one, but I never used it... In fact it´s the only official music shirt I own :hmm: Maybe I'l use it next time I see them (wich will probably take a long time).

As for the U.S. question, if they don't win their hearts in the next tour over there (Septembe I think) I think it will be very difficult in the future. I'm afraid of the next album because of that.... I can sense in them a desire to make everybody like them. But they said they would go into something that would follow Map Of The Problematique wich is my favourite from Black Holes, so I still have hope... I think there's no problem in bands growing up and change, as long as hey keep what makes them special.

In NME tomorrow there'll be a cover of Man Of Mystery (by Muse), that should be good, I'll upload it - I think it'll be entertaining at least, I like the original :up:

Well, I also hope that they'll remain as wilfully eccentric as ever and don't set out to make music to "please" anyone, including their fans, :wink:

As for US, from what I gather they've been getting big in other places at a pretty slow steady pace so maybe they'll get there in US by the album number six, :) Maybe it's just that the US is so bloody big and in the absense of huge media hype or publicity it will take them forever to win over it.

:hyper:

Just ordered the poster and the black t-shirt :D

The Muse online store is having a Father's Day sale so I was able to get a discount on the shirt, and I got the poster for $7 cheaper from pushposters.com :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom