Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
annie_vox said:

Yes! How could I forget Take A Bow??????!!!!! And Map to... Should be singles instead of Starlight and Invincible...

Assassin is all Dominic... He is lethal on that song... Amazing...

yea Dom is amazing on Assassin:combust:

do any of you like "Feeling Good"??

I preffer Felling Good live... The studio version is ok, but live it's much much better...

Lately I've been listening to Shrinking Universe a lot... And Hyper Chondriac Music... I'm giving a pause to Absolution:wink: the cd needs some rest...

annie_vox said:
I preffer Felling Good live... The studio version is ok, but live it's much much better...

Lately I've been listening to Shrinking Universe a lot... And Hyper Chondriac Music... I'm giving a pause to Absolution:wink: the cd needs some rest...

what about soldiers poem??

I love those backing vocals :drool: :drool:

I used to like it more than I do now... I was expecting to see it live but they didn't perform it... It was one the songs I li«kes the most when I listened to the album for the first time.. Then it just faded I guess...

annie_vox said:
I used to like it more than I do now... I was expecting to see it live but they didn't perform it... It was one the songs I li«kes the most when I listened to the album for the first time.. Then it just faded I guess...

Yea I used to have this song on repeat for like forever:wink:

and for the record

"City of Delusion" is one of the best tracks on BHaR :drool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ewznXYrBO0

the only song I can't stand from this album is "Hoodoo" :shrug:

Really? I love Hoodoo... again probably because it was amazing live... Before that I didn't use to listen to it that much... Now I love it...

Well... I really need to go to sleep:wink: I have a big day tomorrow
:wave:

annie_vox said:
Really? I love Hoodoo... again probably because it was amazing live... Before that I didn't use to listen to it that much... Now I love it...

Well... I really need to go to sleep:wink: I have a big day tomorrow
:wave:

goodnight :wink:

annie_vox said:

Histeria

And I like Radiohead too... not crazy about them but I like them... They're not alike... Honestly...

Hysteria is currently my walking-outside-song-of-the-moment :drool: :drool: :drool:

There's a definite connection between Radiohead and Muse. I initially had issues with that, but the more I listen, the more I sense that it's a Radiohead inspiration, not an outright attempt to copy a style. Vocally, Matt could be Thom's little cousin, that's kind of how I look at them.

angelordevil said:

Hysteria is currently my walking-outside-song-of-the-moment :drool: :drool: :drool:

There's a definite connection between Radiohead and Muse. I initially had issues with that, but the more I listen, the more I sense that it's a Radiohead inspiration, not an outright attempt to copy a style. Vocally, Matt could be Thom's little cousin, that's kind of how I look at them.

actually I think Matt is on another level

he is an incredible singer... :drool: :drool:

FitzChivalry said:
My best friend has an extra ticket, I think she still does, to tomorrow night's show at The Fourm in Los Angeles, and I happily and with GREAT GLEE passed on it. I just want to kidnap Thom Yorke and shove him in front of the Muse singer's face and shout to him, "This is Thom Yorke! You are not him! You will never be him! Now get over it and fucking go do something else!!!!!"

Bah! A much better idea would be to kidnap them both, summon Jeff Buckley from beyond the grave and shove him into their faces, :wink:

I do think that the similarity comes from the common Jeff Buckley influence rather than Matt trying to sound like Thom Yorke; it's just that Thom was at it earlier, :) Anyway, personally I found less and less vocal similarity between the two the more I listened to Muse.

BTW, I listened to a few tracks from Showbiz recently and I couldn't stop giggling because Matt sounds so young and boyish compared to what he sounds now. He really matured as a singer, it will be interesting to see what he sounds like at the age of 40 or so.

martha said:

I'm hoping they do the same tonight in LA. :wink:

I hope they have some left for LA tonight. They serious brought down the house last night. I've seen them 3 times and last nights show was easily tops.

However...the opening band Immigrant (from SF) was :barf:. They gave it a good try though.

Last edited:
San Franciscos Setlist 4/9/07

Take A Bow
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Assassin
Sing For Absolution
Citizen Erased
Hoodoo
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born

The OOTS said:
San Franciscos Setlist 4/9/07

Take A Bow
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
Map of the Problematique
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Assassin
Sing For Absolution
Citizen Erased
Hoodoo
Feeling Good
Sunburn
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born

:drool: Sing For Absolution!!

How amazing is Assassin live?, with the extended part from the grand omega bass edit? :drool:

I've gotta go to sleep, I'm exhausted, but I wanted to quickly say, that concert was freakin' amazing
They only played for forty minutes but it was enough to A) Change my friend from, "Eh, Muse" to "OmG That might have been the greatest thing I've ever seen. And B) Caused me to decide that they definently are currently one of my favorite bands.

I actually saw them at something called Edgefest...they were on of the ten headline bands: The Vanished, Bullet for My Valentine, The Red Jumpsuit Aparatus, Bowling For Soup, Jet, Papa Roach, Muse, AFI, MCR, The Killers.

But the show was really about the last four bands, to me (And Bowling For Soup they were so great :lol: )

It was amazing...I thought I might die of happiness during Knights of Cydonia, and even though I didn't know every song (I think they played two I didn't know) they were all out of this world. And the drummer wore a spiderman costume during the show, it was hilarious. Definently an experience I wish to have again.

As far as MCR is concerned, I'm not a huge fan, and I found the first two or three songs they sang to be slightly boring, but I've got to hand it to Gerard Way, he's quite a performer, I thought it was kinda cool to see two such varying types of music so close together (AFI was on between them).

Not to derail too much, but AFI, i'd only heard two songs by them before, but I definently want to hear more, and I don't like that kind of music. And the Killers were freakin' amaing.

Drummer:

MemoryCard149.jpg

PlaTheGreat said:

And also, people who mosh without discretion and piss off emo kids are complete :love:

Oh that totally happened at our concert...it was hilarious, the only review of the concert on last.fm is someone complaining about that very thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom