Muse - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #721
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
Sounds like your face is sufficiently rocked off.

I made a compilation of Muse tracks for a friend of mine who's a big music fan but isn't very familiar with Muse. I hope he likes it!

did that work

Old 09-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #722
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:20 AM
Muse just keep getting better and better...there will be "supermassive" expectations for their next album...heh...heh...I made a funny.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #723
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64

did that work
Um ... I don't know. What were you TRYING to do, dear?

Old 09-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #724
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar

Knights, Map, Hysteria, Supermassive!!!!!!!!!!!
What a beginning, then some more leading to Starlight, a monster New Born , a riff sounding like Whole Lotta Love into some Stevie Ray Vaughan type shredding into a killer Time is Running Out into Plug In Baby!

Stockholm Syndrome - the only encore song? Can't remember right now. Too late to think. Post again tomorrow. Muse killed.

Did I call it or what???? huh huh huh????

converted yet??? Their live shows kick ARSE!!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #725
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh my god ...

My friends and I are trying out this rent-your-own-room karaoke place next Saturday.

I just checked their song list, and they have Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome. I do have a feeling I'll be rocking out and melting some faces off next Saturday.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:05 PM   #726
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh my god ...

My friends and I are trying out this rent-your-own-room karaoke place next Saturday.

I just checked their song list, and they have Knights of Cydonia and Stockholm Syndrome. I do have a feeling I'll be rocking out and melting some faces off next Saturday.

you go girl!! melt their faces off !!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #727
She's the One

That was one awesome show. I was less distracted this time than I was last spring so I enjoyed it more. Plus, the show wasn't quite sold out so there was room to move; the seat next to me was unoccupied. It was great. The rain even held off till I got to my car.

All I'll say about Verizon Amphitheater is that it's the worst place to see a cooncert I've ever been. Show was over at 11:15, I got home at 1:10. And I live 25 minutes away.

How does Muse have such consistently lousy opening bands? That stupid Immigrant was there again, and Juliette and the Licks was simply awful. I realize it can't be easy to open for Muse, but jimminy crickets, they can do better than that!
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #728
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
That was one awesome show. I was less distracted this time than I was last spring so I enjoyed it more. Plus, the show wasn't quite sold out so there was room to move; the seat next to me was unoccupied. It was great. The rain even held off till I got to my car.

All I'll say about Verizon Amphitheater is that it's the worst place to see a cooncert I've ever been. Show was over at 11:15, I got home at 1:10. And I live 25 minutes away.

How does Muse have such consistently lousy opening bands? That stupid Immigrant was there again, and Juliette and the Licks was simply awful. I realize it can't be easy to open for Muse, but jimminy crickets, they can do better than that!
Martha,
I am so glad you had a great time.. As with opening bands, i know.. I have to say tho, that Cold War Kids werent bad at all.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 PM   #729
Blue Crack Distributor

Juliette and the Licks were better than I thought they'd be, but I wouldn't buy their album or anything.

And Juliette Lewis should just wear a big sign that says "Patti Smith is my hero!" because all I could think while watching her was, "Geez ... like Patti Smith much?"
Old 09-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #730
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Juliette and the Licks were better than I thought they'd be, but I wouldn't buy their album or anything.

And Juliette Lewis should just wear a big sign that says "Patti Smith is my hero!" because all I could think while watching her was, "Geez ... like Patti Smith much?"

that's it! I was trying to think who she is obviously copying style and singing wise..
Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #731
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Funny you say that U2Fanatic. Cold War Kids was supposed to open for the Stripes on Wednesday. Now that would have made this week one for the ages if they hadn't cancelled. Would have been Stripes, Arcade Fire & Muse in consecutive days.

Martha - I got there as Immigrant was finishing and since it was 8 or 8:30 I thought Muse was next. So we went to our seats. Then when Juliette and her hacks came out to blow my ears out and give me a ringing headache, just couldn't get myself out of my seat. Wanted to relax and try to be ready for Muse. Sorry I didn't say hi.

And the Verizon amphitheater sucks. I hate going there, but you gotta go where the show is. Luckily for us, our seats were on the right side of the theater, so we were able to avoid the jam up and get to our car quickly. We were out of there within 5 minutes.

On the plus side of course, Muse was awesome. Definitely looking forward to seeing them again. Thanks, U2Fanatic You are now on my Xmas list
Old 09-22-2007, 08:01 PM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

My advice to Juliette is to keep her day job, because her generic r 'n r is just bad. When your best song is a metal take on Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, your in big trouble.

At least she's able to bankroll her fantasy
Old 09-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #733
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by hardyharhar

My advice to Juliette is to keep her day job, because her generic r 'n r is just bad. When your best song is a metal take on Donna Summer's Hot Stuff, your in big trouble.

At least she's able to bankroll her fantasy
hahaha~! hit the nail on the head there...
Old 09-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #734
Blue Crack Addict

On a side note...

Cori,
This Boot of the Seattle show is excellent! I am listening to it right now..
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #735
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

I love verizon. I live 15 minutes away, was home in 15 minutes.

I'll miss it when they tear it down next year

Usually good sound, steep rake so great sight lines, nice video.

Not enough bathrooms though.

It's easy to get home, 2 choices:

1. Park over in the industrial park
2. Look up the setlist, and leave at some point during the last song

Tags
muse