Muse - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #496
Refugee

Local Time: 12:05 AM
About Matt's guitars:

And about the whole OOS/ Absolution discussion, I still think that OOs has better songs... It's hard to beat New Born, Bliss and Citizen Erased. And then there's the beautiful Space Dementia, the weird Microcuts, and the fantastic cover of Feeling Good...
But Asolution... Listening to that album is like reading a story... The songs follow perfectly and it's also hard to beat SS or Hysteria...
Well... I preffer Absolution but I like more songs of OOS than of Absolution... Am I making any sense at all?

Old 07-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #497
Refugee

There was a great site about Matt's guitars but now it's down... But you can see Hugh Manson's guitars here: http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/

And about the whole OOS/ Absolution discussion, I still think that OOs has better songs... It's hard to beat New Born, Bliss and Citizen Erased. And then there's the beautiful Space Dementia, the weird Microcuts, and the fantastic cover of Feeling Good...
But Asolution... Listening to that album is like reading a story... The songs follow perfectly and it's also hard to beat SS or Hysteria...
Well... I preffer Absolution but I like more songs of OOS than of Absolution... Am I making any sense at all?

Edit: forget that first post

Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 PM   #498
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:05 PM
Old 07-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #499
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

Old 07-23-2007, 06:44 AM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LJT

Could that dude be anymore excited?

I know if I had a chance to play that I would be positivley giddy...and a bit overwhelmed.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:20 PM   #501
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

I know if I had a chance to play that I would be positivley giddy...and a bit overwhelmed.
dude i would be shouting

YEAH DUDES CHECK IT I GOT THIS FUCKIN XTREME GUITAR THAT MATT BELLAMY PLAYS LOOK HOW AWESOME IT IS WOOOOOOOOOOO!! UNNGHHH YEA CMON
Old 07-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #502
Blue Crack Addict

Exactly.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #503
ONE
love, blood, life

this thread should always be on the first page imo

I got Showbiz today. Had to go to the CD store by my old high school as it wasn't at Target or Best Buy...I'd say it's probably their weakest work, but interesting to hear the band at such an early stage...and I am very much in love with the song Sunburn
Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 AM   #504
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
I'd say it's probably their weakest work
IF WE WERE MARRIED, I WOULD DIVORCE YOU RIGHT NOW. Showbiz, Muscle Museum, Filip and Cave are some of their greatest songs ever!

Old 07-26-2007, 01:32 AM   #505
ONE
love, blood, life

See, I think BHAR is pretty good. And I think Knights of Cydonia is overrated, though the riff that finally kicks in is killer. But it's all about Map of the Problematique and Assassin Exo-Politics is definitely one of the best as well the only sucky tracks are soldier's poem and Invincible. Hoodoo and Take a Bow don't do a lot for me either, though they're not bad. I've only listened to Showbiz once through so it's hard to really judge...I suppose it may be on par with BHAR. But the band sounds a bit underdeveloped...I really get the Radiohead comparisons. Very Bends. Past Showbiz I don't think Muse sounds much like Radiohead.

great clip though...epic indeed, but that's to be expected of Muse live... my friend says Matt Bellamy sounds like a ghost, and I can certainly agree with that here. His voice is very eerie...and that ending falsetto...
Old 07-26-2007, 04:56 AM   #506
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, "underdeveloped" is the word I'm thinking of in regards to Showbiz. Especially when it comes to Matt's thin, boyish vocals on that album. I much prefer his later, more mature and resonant voice; even OOS was a huge improvement in that respect.

"Sunburn" is lovely though. And I like "Muscle Museum" a lot, at least until the bit at the end where Matt's vocal makes me think of a snarky Muse article which compared him to a hyperventilating witch,
Old 07-26-2007, 06:33 AM   #507
Blue Crack Addict

^Right. I love all the songs on Showbiz, but once you've heard Muse's later stuff it just doesn't compare.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #508
Refugee

Atomic you have to listen to Showbiz again and again until you love it Sunburn and Muscle Museum are beautiful as it was already said, and then there's Falling Down and Showbiz, wich in fact are in my top 10 Muse songs... And Cave is also good... I mean this cannot be compared to OOS and Absolution but it's certainly a great piece... It's underdeveloped because they were really young and in the begining, just three guys in the begining of their twenties.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:00 PM   #509
ONE
love, blood, life

Sunburn is still my favourite but I do love the song Showbiz. I agree it's up there with their best. Muscle Museum, Filip, Cave, and Uno are pretty good too... the rest, meh. Sober is good but it's soooo Radiohead. don't worry, I will keep listening to it. Also thinking I'm gonna buy Hullabaloo. I want everything by Muse EVAR!

I'm still amazed at Matt's voice in that clip of Showbiz...it's incredible
Old 07-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #510
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono

I'm still amazed at Matt's voice in that clip of Showbiz...it's incredible
Yeah. The second chorus gives me shivers. The Hullabaloo version of Showbiz is also incredible, although I think the first clip I posted is a little more passionate.

Tags
muse