Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Ok all a bit calmer now.....she met them Thursday which is when Matt broke the camera. They gave her the new one on Friday when she was waiting in line to get into the concert. You can imagine the reaction of everyone around her when that happened! A friend of hers managed to find out from someone that they were flying from Auckland to Christchurch midday Saturday so it was a total chance she was taking. I only got involved when I got a text from her saying what she was doing and that she had no idea how to get to the airport, so I went and picked her up! (Who am I to stand in the way of that!). I have to admit that although I really like their music, I was VERY vague on what they all looked like. Thankfully I had their cd in my bag so when I saw 3 guys who I thought could be them, I quickly sat down, peeked at the cd book while taking quick glances at them.....I'm sure they cottoned on to what I was up to as the check in are is REALLY REALLY small, because Chris looked over at me as I was looking at them and gave me a 'knowing' smile...I was so scared of telling Slopsy to come all the way over and finding out they weren't the right guys!!! :lol: But as soon as I saw Matt and Dom turn around I knew! I just wish I could have seen Slopsy's run through the terminals - there is about a 2 minute walk between them and she was there in less than 30 seconds!!!
We were standing with them as they were waiting to check in. They were so incredibly relaxed and friendly and easy to talk to. Nothing was a problem. They asked Slopsy if her camera was ok too. They talked to her about other stuff but I'm not sure exactly what was said. I do know that they asked where her friend was that was with her on Thursday and they asked for her to pass on their love to her :faint:. They all took turns one by one to have their pic taken with Slopsy - I joked with Matt that I would make sure I didn't drop the camera - he laughed....honestly they couldn't have been more accommodating. Im sure the people waiting in line behind them were wondering what the fuss was with these ordinary looking boys! We left them to finish checking in and just stook over by the main doors gathering our thoughts etc. When they finished checking in and were making their way to the gate they stopped and turned to us, saying goodbye and thanking us for coming!!! :faint: OMG! It was an awesome experience. I'm so excited I had my 8yr old daughter with me. She was really shy about meeting them and it was great for her to see that although they are a famous band, they are just ordinary people who were happy to talk to her and wish her a happy birthday for the day before!

011bb2c3.jpg

ad2df2cc.jpg

fd1cba72.jpg

5f655375.jpg

:giggle: Slopsy! When you read this, sorry for beating you to posting the pics!!

:applaud: Very cool!!!

Would love video of her running thru the airport :giggle:

By the way, how did the camera thing workout? Did they take Slopsy's info and then knew she'd be at the show the next night and just had someone buy her a new camera?

Their PR person/manager (I don't know who we was), gave her his cellphone number and told her to get in touch with them the next day. I guess from there she told them where she was in the line, and they would have recognised her and vice versa....they bought her the camera - they knew the brand of her old one etc....it's a brilliant little camera and she says it is better than the last!! Not everyone can say that Muse bought their camera!! :lol:

Freakin'. AWESOME. Love the pictures as well-your daughter is adorable. Smart, too-nice taste in music there :D. Hehe. Between making your daughter happy and being nice enough to replace the camera, my respect for these guys just went up even further.

Thanks for sharing that story, that is REALLY cool :up:. I'm glad you guys all had such a great experience :).

Angela

Oooh, Gluey you beat me to it!!!!!!
I'm still on cloud nine!!!!! It was one of those things that you think only happens in the movies. AMAZING stuff, and they are SUCH nice guys!!!!
:heart:MUSE:heart:

Slopsy said:
Oooh, Gluey you beat me to it!!!!!!
I'm still on cloud nine!!!!! It was one of those things that you think only happens in the movies. AMAZING stuff, and they are SUCH nice guys!!!!
:heart:MUSE:heart:

congrats again slopsy!! I must say I am a wee bit jealous! :D

Please give details of the whole thing we would love to hear it! :hyper:

Full story time!! :hyper:

Ok, so on the Thursday I went down to the airport with my friend Helen, and we knew which flight they were coming in on thanks to a friend of mine in Brisbane. So we waited (the waiting nearly killed us!) And then all of the sudden there they were, coming out of arrivals!!! Just Matt and Dom though.

They both came straight over to us (my Brisbane friend had told them to look out for us!) They were REALLY sweet guys, we chatted for a bit and then we asked for some photos. I handed my camera to Matt to take a photo of me and Dom, but oh no! Matt dropped my camera, right on the lens!!

He was like "oh, shite!" and he got out his wallet, and he pulls out some notes and he's like "oh shit, wrong currency, we're not in Aus anymore!" And then their manager-type guy was like "Ok, we're gonna get you a new camera!" I though he was joking, but then he gave me his phone number and email address!!! We took a photo then with my friend's camera phone and the management dude told us to phone him tomorrow (concert day).
Here's the pic from Thursday:

THEPIC.jpg

So fast forward to the Friday (concert day!!)
I got there at 9.00am and was first in line!!! I txt the management dude about the camera and he says he'll call when he has one!! I told him I was waiting in line. Then, at about 4.00pm, I hear this London accent behind me and here's the guy, with a brand new camera!!! Everyone was totally stunned! It's a really nice camera too, way better than my old one!!

The concert was TOTALLY amazing, words cannot describe!!! Especially since I was front row in the middle!!

So on the Saturday, I got home and was like "fuck it, I'm going to the airport" (as they were flying to Christchurch that day). So at this point Gluey comes in to help and she gives me a lift to the domestic terminal!! Except there was a problem: there were two check in points, Air NZ and Qantas. Ah. And there are two flight at 1.00, going from both terminals. So Gluey waited at Qantas and I waited at Air NZ. About 2 minutes later I got this phone call from Gluey, just like "RUN. NOW!"

I have NEVER run so fast in my WHOLE, ENTIRE LIFE!!!!! But I made it, and there they were! (All 3 this time!!) They recognised me and also asked after my friend from Thursday!! It was such a buzz! Matt asked if I had my camera and I was like "Yeah, don't break it this time though!"

So I had photos with all of them and they were just SO nice, really relaxed and stuff!! It was SUCH an awesome experience and I still can't believe it, much like meeting U2 last year!!

Here's my pics with Muse:

P1000005.jpg

P1000006.jpg

P1000007.jpg

YAY :D:D

Has there been any official word on whether or not that new DVD is going to be released in the US? Or is it time to take a ride to import city?

corianderstem said:
Has there been any official word on whether or not that new DVD is going to be released in the US? Or is it time to take a ride to import city?

haven't heard anything as of yet.. grr...

I would get the import but I don't have a dvd player that will play PAL....:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom