Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

Speaking of under appreciated Muse songs, how about Blackout from Absolution? :drool:

don't like Blackout :no:

first time I heard it I thought it
was Muse doing a cover of the Ave Maria:|

how awesome is Endlessly though ?:drool:

or New Born :drool:

Citizen Erased :heart:

xaviMF22 said:

don't like Blackout :no:

first time I heard it I thought it
was Muse doing a cover of the Ave Maria:|

how awesome is Endlessly though ?:drool:

or New Born :drool:

Citizen Erased :heart:

all great songs but underrated? i haven't heard anyone mention blackout at all.

thoughts of a dying athiest is good too :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

all great songs but underrated? i haven't heard anyone mention blackout at all.

thoughts of a dying athiest is good too :up:

I wasn't saying they were underrated...was just commenting on how awesome they are :wink:

Screenager and
Dark Shines are :drool: :drool:

I can't seem to get into Muse at all. I know it's a tired comparison, but a friend of mine said they sounded to him like a mediocre version of Radiohead. I'm not sure if that's a great comparison, but I could agree with the mediocre part. :shrug: Maybe just not my thing.

Lancemc said:
I can't seem to get into Muse at all. I know it's a tired comparison, but a friend of mine said they sounded to him like a mediocre version of Radiohead. I'm not sure if that's a great comparison, but I could agree with the mediocre part. :shrug: Maybe just not my thing.

They're more like an amalgam of OK Computer-era Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, and early '70s Queen.

I could totally see Muse scoring a movie Highlander or Flash Gordon-style. In fact, I will make a movie someday where they do such a thing, just so I can explode with joy when it kicks ass.

^^ A lot of people said that back in 2000 when they were in the begining. In fact Radiohead was an inspiration as many other bands are (especially Rage Against The Machine, they worship them). The first album, Showbiz, may sound a little like Radiohead but to say that they are a mediocre version is not fair... Then they made Origin Of Simetry wish is very different from Radiohead in my opinion. They even used to mention Radiohead in early interviews I guess, but a lot of people mentioned so much that they are a copy, that they started to get uncomfortable.
Nowadays I don't think they are even close to Radiohead... Not better and not worse, just different.

Lancemc said:

well their lead singers do sound rather similar, but radiohead is towering waaaaaayyy above muse.

muse does have some good songs, though. i'd only wish they would change their sound a bit once in a while.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

well their lead singers do sound rather similar, but radiohead is towering waaaaaayyy above muse.

muse does have some good songs, though. i'd only wish they would change their sound a bit once in a while.

agreed they can get tiring:yawn:

They make good music...but I can get sick of their "Apocalyptic ...End of the world"

......bullshit thats in most of their songs
:mad:

thats why I love "Showbiz"
its Muse not doing overblown rock songs about the end of the world
and bringing down governments

Last edited:
Well, to be fair, I haven't really listened to a lot of Muse, just the stuff on the radio and tv really.

Maybe if someone would hook me up, I'd give them a fair chance. :wink:

macphistojr@mac.com

I used to find Muse tiring in the long run even after I started to like them. But I gotta say, seeing them live totally changed that; I can listen to them for hours now, :drool: I haven't felt this way about any band since I fell in love with U2 back in 2000.

"Microcuts" is probably the only Muse song I still absolutely cannot stand. It's just one long excruciating high-pitched wankathon, :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Don't think they have much in common with Radiohead these days; vocal resemblance maybe. Even then it's pretty superficial IMO; Thom Yorke goes for a more subtle approach whereas Matt mostly goes for wall-to-wall histrionics. Likewise, I think it's pretty pointless to compare their music since they aim for different things. Muse will probably never write something as affecting and subtle as 'Fake Plastic Trees', but then Radiohead never wrote a song that makes me want to jump on a horse and ride across the plains of Mars, :)

Saracene said:
Radiohead never wrote a song that makes me want to jump on a horse and ride across the plains of Mars, :)

You've clearly never head We Suck Young Blood.

Saracene said:
I used to find Muse tiring in the long run even after I started to like them. But I gotta say, seeing them live totally changed that; I can listen to them for hours now, :drool: I haven't felt this way about any band since I fell in love with U2 back in 2000.

"Microcuts" is probably the only Muse song I still absolutely cannot stand. It's just one long excruciating high-pitched wankathon, :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Don't think they have much in common with Radiohead these days; vocal resemblance maybe. Even then it's pretty superficial IMO; Thom Yorke goes for a more subtle approach whereas Matt mostly goes for wall-to-wall histrionics. Likewise, I think it's pretty pointless to compare their music since they aim for different things. Muse will probably never write something as affecting and subtle as 'Fake Plastic Trees', but then Radiohead never wrote a song that makes me want to jump on a horse and ride across the plains of Mars, :)

true, true, but have you heard Falling Away With You? Great song.

The National Anthem on the Moon! :drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The National Anthem on the Moon! :drool:

You ever see the back of a twenty dollar bill............ on weed?

halfbaked5he2.jpg

inmyplace13 said:

You ever see the back of a twenty dollar bill............ on weed?

halfbaked5he2.jpg

Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now that's an addiction.

I still don't understand the appeal towards Knights of Cydonia...to me its a cheesetastic rock song with bad lyrics
:shrug:

No'ones gonna take me alive
The time has come to make things right
You and I must fight for our rights
You and I must fight to survive

fuck off Matt Bellamy:mad:

I will admit the guitar work in the song is ace:wink:

xaviMF22 said:
I still don't understand the appeal towards Knights of Cydonia...to me its a cheesetastic rock song with bad lyrics
:shrug:
I just take it at face value - an awesome album closer spaghetti western theme song with outer space stuff thrown in. :drool:

I thought the horsey/laser sound effects might be a dead giveaway not to take it seriously :shrug:

I just got into Muse some time ago, first I thought it was the strangest music I have ever heard, but now I could listen to Absolution really all day long, it gives me all sorts of different feelings. Endlessly is my favourite song, it's just :drool:

So....I'm going to see them live I guess...and I only have heard two songs by them, and I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head what they were *goes to check* Hysteria and Citizen Erased. Anyway, I liked those two songs, and I wanted to hear a few more songs by them before the concert, what are good ones, and ones they're likely to perform?

What They'll Probably Perform:

Knights Of Cydonia
Take A bow
Starlight
Supermassive Black Hole
Invincible
Hysteria
Stockholm Syndrome
Feeling Good
Map Of The Problamatique
Bliss
Plug In Baby
Time Is Running Out
Butterfiles And Hurricaines

What you should Get as well:

Showbiz
Sunburn
City Of Delusion
Blackout
Falling Away With You
New Born

umm there's a lot to list! :lol:....

Canadiens1160 said:
I just take it at face value - an awesome album closer spaghetti western theme song with outer space stuff thrown in. :drool:

I thought the horsey/laser sound effects might be a dead giveaway not to take it seriously :shrug:

:love:

I love bands that don't themselves seriously 100% percent of the time.
Now ask me what I'm doing in a U2 forum. :madspit: :lol:

Saracene said:

Oh I absolutelly love Microcuts. But it took me ages to love it... When I bought the album I used to listen to it over and over again but I never really liked that song, I didn't understand why he didn't just sang it normaly because the lyrics were fine. But then when I bought Hullabaloo and and I saw it live I was just blown away by it... I used to show the song to everybody after that and they just looked at me ina weird way:wink:

I can't chose a favourite song from Origin though... They're all just so great... Citizen Erased, New Born, Megalomania, Bliss (live, because the studio version is not so special), Space Dementia... All great songs...

Canadiens1160 said:

:up:

I used it for a video about the atom bomb in World War II.

horsey/laser sounds and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom