Muse - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 09:02 AM   #421
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:52 AM
Haven't finished my previous post since my sister chased me off the internet:

With Radiohead, I feel that their music, whether it's mellow or harder, always has a subtlety to it which, in my view, makes it completely incompatible with "rocking out". Also, I think that their music is quite cerebral and never really feels like it's coming from the gut if that makes sense. Whereas Muse for most of the time are about as subtle as a sledgehammer and their music is IMO much more visceral.

I think that Unintended is pretty meh. Sappy lyrics don't bug me that much though; I think in general that Matt's lyrics range from average to rubbish and I mostly listen to vocals as if they were just another instrument. Especially since, thanks to his habit of drawing out the vowels like rubberbands, I can't discern what's he's on about most of time anyway,

And oh yeah, I'd totally replace Small Print with Fury.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:22 PM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene
Watching Chris for too long almost makes me motion-sick... I have no idea how he doesn't get dizzy,

I really want to know his secret

I tried to do some headbanging like he does... but almost ended up injuring myself

Old 06-24-2007, 12:23 PM   #423
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by annie_vox
Chris is amazing... Unfortunatelly I think non fans don't notice him that much (and I don't think he cares...).
too bad cause he is a fantastic bass player

one of the best out there
Old 06-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #424
ONE
love, blood, life

Aw man. I so desperately want to see Muse live. Why can't they do a show in Nova Scotia or something?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:39 PM   #425
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Aw man. I so desperately want to see Muse live. Why can't they do a show in Nova Scotia or something?

Nova Scotia?? are you that far up north?? brrrrrrr...
Old 06-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #426
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Nova Scotia?? are you that far up north?? brrrrrrr...
I'm actually even further north. Newfoundland. But no-one ever comes here. My sister and her friends are all hyped up because they're going to see Nickleback in a couple of days. Can you believe that? Newfoundland is forced to lap up the shit bands that the rest of the world has shunned. The White Stripes are the first decent band to come here since...well, ever. I still can't believe they're coming here. If I wasn't staring at the tickets right now, I'd think I was imagining it all.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I'm actually even further north. Newfoundland. But no-one ever comes here. My sister and her friends are all hyped up because they're going to see Nickleback in a couple of days. Can you believe that? Newfoundland is forced to lap up the shit bands that the rest of the world has shunned. The White Stripes are the first decent band to come here since...well, ever. I still can't believe they're coming here. If I wasn't staring at the tickets right now, I'd think I was imagining it all.

move to the U.S with me Steph
Old 06-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #428
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:52 PM
Quote:

If I paid Nickelback to pay in my backyard they'd play there. I'm sure they're worried their 15 minutes is almost over.

If they did play in my backyard, I'm not sure if I'd kill them or myself first. I'm about 100% positive they're made out of the same material as the T-1000 frim Terminator 2.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #429
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22

move to the U.S with me Steph
Perhaps this should be arranged. God, our children would be so confused. Two immigrant parents, one with a South American accent and the other with a South African accent. But at least they'd grow up well-versed in all things Radiohead and Pink Floyd.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:05 PM   #430
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

According to a survey, I have a Midland accent, so there wouldn't be much child confusion here.

Except of course Steph, I'd have to have you re-enact scenes from Lethal Weapon 2 with me.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #431
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

If I paid Nickelback to pay in my backyard they'd play there. I'm sure they're worried their 15 minutes is almost over.

If they did play in my backyard, I'm not sure if I'd kill them or myself first. I'm about 100% positive they're made out of the same material as the T-1000 frim Terminator 2.
Nickleback would probably play for geriatrics at a retirement home if they thought they could get away with it. Once you hit the age of 80, throwing rocks at incompetent lead singers becomes slightly more difficult. And I'm sure you'd die first. Remember that scene in Mars Attacks! when the boy with the unsightly haircut started playing his grandmother's music and the martians' heads exploded? That would be you.

But back to Muse! The transition between Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts is absolutely perfect, yes or no?
Old 06-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Perhaps this should be arranged. God, our children would be so confused. Two immigrant parents, one with a South American accent and the other with a South African accent. But at least they'd grow up well-versed in all things Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

Children??

I ask you to move in with me...and you're already thinking about children..

Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #433
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Nickleback would probably play for geriatrics at a retirement home if they thought they could get away with it. Once you hit the age of 80, throwing rocks at incompetent lead singers becomes slightly more difficult. And I'm sure you'd die first. Remember that scene in Mars Attacks! when the boy with the unsightly haircut started playing his grandmother's music and the martians' heads exploded? That would be you.
I agree, but I am not a martian.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #434
Blue Crack Addict

Oh lord let's not get into Nickleback in this thread...

I've wondered the same thing about Chris...the way he bangs his head like that its a wonder he doesn't have whiplash after every show
Old 06-24-2007, 02:46 PM   #435
Refugee

Quote:

But back to Muse! The transition between Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts is absolutely perfect, yes or no?
Yes! I always listen to those two together... Same with Sing For Absolution -> Stockholm.
I'd love to see Micro Cuts live

Just one more thing about Nikleback... They didn't finished the show when they came here because of "audience trouble". I wasn't there but apparently it was really bad... Poor guys

Tags
muse