Muse - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #406
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:54 AM
I listen to Radiohead more for songs like Everything in its Right Place, You and Whose Army, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls, Bullet Proof (I Wish I Was)... I don't think any of Muse's songs sound like those at all

though when it comes to Radiohead rockin, Just has gotta be #1 for me. love love love it. Old Radiohead knew how to rock the fuck out.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #407
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
I listen to Radiohead more for songs like Everything in its Right Place, You and Whose Army, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls, Bullet Proof (I Wish I Was)... I don't think any of Muse's songs sound like those at all

though when it comes to Radiohead rockin, Just has gotta be #1 for me. love love love it. Old Radiohead knew how to rock the fuck out.
They sure did

but I just love their new electronic self

Karma Police

and to stay on topic..

unintended is one of the worst pieces of music I have ever heard

Old 06-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #408
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene

Regarding Absolution, I grew to love it but I still think it's a tad overlong. Personally I'd get rid of Small Print which I find a pretty dull rocker and maybe Thoughts of a Dying Atheist which is IMO nowhere as intriguing as its name suggests. And Blackout's positioning kinda throws me out a bit - to me it has a very strong "closer" vibe yet there are still more songs following it.

too damn long

these songs need to go

the small print
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
Ruled by Secrecy

B Side Material
Old 06-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #409
ONE
love, blood, life

dude thom totally said "arrest this girl" instead of "arrest this man" at the beginning... shame on him, i thought bono was the only singer who messes up lyrics beautiful performance though, seriously...great hearing the crowd sing along...definitely hope i have a chance to see radiohead sometime in my life. The end of that is so amazing. Very uplifting, somehow.

lmao according to the comments panic at the disco covers karma police?? im afraid to look

what is unintended?? is that a muse song?? I know it not
Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 AM   #410
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
dude thom totally said "arrest this girl" instead of "arrest this man" at the beginning... shame on him, i thought bono was the only singer who messes up lyrics beautiful performance though, seriously...great hearing the crowd sing along...definitely hope i have a chance to see radiohead sometime in my life. The end of that is so amazing. Very uplifting, somehow.

lmao according to the comments panic at the disco covers karma police?? im afraid to look

what is unintended?? is that a muse song?? I know it not
yea Panic covered karma Police

not very pretty

"emo hairdo"

and Unintended is this

the lyrics are what ruin it for me
Old 06-24-2007, 05:58 AM   #411
Refugee

Local Time: 10:54 AM
Quote:
Hysteria is great to work out to... as is Map of the Problematique...yeah i can totally see Muse as being a good work out band. but my best work out bands are Rage Against the Machine and The Fall of Troy. Also, Alien Ant Farm.

on BHAR Soldier's Poem bores the fuck outta me and Invincible rips off this Keane song which is a million times better (and I'm not even a huge Keane fan, i'm just keen on a couple of songs - get it? get it? did you catch that? i hope you all noticed that) City of Delusion and Hoodoo are alright... I dunno they're not bad but they never seem to hook me in. Take a Bow is fine too but somehow it reminds me a lot of New Born, like they picked the same kind of song to open the album I guess
Rage Against The Machine is one of their biggest influences according to his own words. Though when I listen to them for more then 15 minutes I have a headache... They're too heavy, at least the bit I know is. Though one of my guilty pleasures is their version of Imperial March
I agree with what you said about Soldier and Invincible but give City Of Delusion a chance, it's one of the greatest tunes of the album in my opinion. And I don't see the resemblance between Take A Bow and New Born... At all... Take A Bow has this electronic influence and New Born is all about the piano intro and then the guitar...
Old 06-24-2007, 06:03 AM   #412
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hoodoo

the only song that should have been left off BHaR
Old 06-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #413
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by annie_vox

Rage Against The Machine is one of their biggest influences according to his own words. Though when I listen to them for more then 15 minutes I have a headache... They're too heavy, at least the bit I know is. Though one of my guilty pleasures is their version of Imperial March
I agree with what you said about Soldier and Invincible but give City Of Delusion a chance, it's one of the greatest tunes of the album in my opinion. And I don't see the resemblance between Take A Bow and New Born... At all... Take A Bow has this electronic influence and New Born is all about the piano intro and then the guitar...
yeah Rage is heavy but that's why I love them...and I'm sure they are a big influence on Muse. Bellamy likes to rip into Morello's riff from Rage's cover of Maggie's Farm

Yeah City of Delusion is pretty good I guess, though I would not call it an album highlight, it definitely doesnt suck. Also I don't know why I thought Take a Bow and New Born were similar... I guess the intros but the guitar in New Born is ROCK N ROLL YEA MOTHERFUCKERS

i have to say that unintended song is rather dull. For the most part Muse should stick to the rockin...this comes off like Invincible to me - trying too hard.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:12 AM   #414
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I still say the best thing about Muse is Chris

the man will headbang to anything

Old 06-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #415
ONE
love, blood, life

LOL that is indeed quite the headbang...though I'd say it's worth headbangin' too...but man is he into it

power trios are kewl
Old 06-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #416
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
LOL that is indeed quite the headbang...though I'd say it's worth headbangin' too...but man is he into it

power trios are kewl
he's sooo into it

I him
Old 06-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #417
Refugee

Chris is amazing... Unfortunatelly I think non fans don't notice him that much (and I don't think he cares...).
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #418
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Watching Chris for too long almost makes me motion-sick... I have no idea how he doesn't get dizzy,

I didn't like Hoodoo all that much at first but now it's one of my favourite tracks on BHaR, For some reason it always makes me think of Kill Bill movies, at least until it all crashes into Tchaikovsky,

Soldier's Poem only really grew on me recently as well, especially after I watched a clip someone put on youtube where the song was used over some footage of WWII soldiers. I must confess it made me blubber.

And "Just" I think is still waaay too tame to call it "rocking the fuck out", I think that Radiohead definitely can get aggressive when they want to but to me they never really rocked.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:03 AM   #419
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:54 AM
For safe headbanging, swing your head in a circular motion...tis a lot less sore in the morning.

I've always loved Hoodoo, though I generally love almost all Muse.

I think the end of Absolution misses another big rocker, which could have replaced The Small Print and Thoughts of A Dying Atheist, I think it would have made it a more balanced album, but as it stands I think it is their most cohesive in sound and feel.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #420
Refugee

I always thought that The Smal Print should be replaced by Fury. It's the only song that, in my opinion, doesn't quite fit on the album but it could be a great b-side. On the other hand, Fury resumes a lot of what Absolution is all about, I don't know if I'm making myself clear. And the lyrics are so hauting and dark.

Tags
muse