Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cori,
there are some other great ones too..

On Orgin of Symmetry: New Born, Bliss, Plug in Baby,Citizen Erased, Microcuts, feeling good.

Showbiz: Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Unintended (these are the ones I have heard so far)

U2Fanatic4ever said:

and I went apeshit when Hysteria and TIRO came on.. and I was on the floor, 2nd row, center.. :crazy: moshing was going on behind me but luckily no injuries for me.. phew!

thats the fuckin place to be. i went apeshit during those songs too, as well as fuckin STOCKHOLM SYNDROME :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: and NEW BORN and MAP OF THE PROBLEMATIQUE and KNIGHTS OF CYDONIA and SUNBURN!!!!! FUCKIN A

Muse is so awesome that they make me curse a lot and write in caps. I was goin crazy pretty much the whole show. I don't think I've lost it that much at a concert ever...the closest would be U2 GA but thats only because I love U2 so much. Muse lend themselves more to headbanging and jumping up and down like a total nutcase and moshing.

I'm glad for all who have recently experienced Muse live and hope that more will. They are certainly one of the best live acts out there today.

And yes, Showbiz is worth getting. You're not likely to find it at major outlets like Best Buy or Target, but if you have some sort of local CD store with a wide selection they may have it. Or just order it off the internetz. It certainly shows the band in a bit of an underdeveloped state but Sunburn, Cave, and Showbiz are definitely some of their best songs, period. Muscle Museum, Filip, Uno, Sober, Escape, and Overdue are all pretty good too. I'm not huge on the other songs but they're aight.

and yes of course Origin of Symmetry is worth getting, many consider it their best album (I'd go with Aboslution on that one though).

I got a Muse shirt from Hot Topic over the weekend :shifty: now I have two Muse shirts :happy:

I think Showbiz is my favourite Muse album right now, it's their first one and I discovered it last after listening to all their other albums. Unintended is one of my all time favourite songs, great vocals.

I want to see Muse in concert so badly. Anyone know if or when they're touring Europe again?

Thanks everyone for recommending Absolution after I bought Black Holes & Revelations last month...they're both great albums and are absolutely wonderful to work out to! :yes:

ladywithspinninghead said:
Thanks everyone for recommending Absolution after I bought Black Holes & Revelations last month...they're both great albums and are absolutely wonderful to work out to! :yes:

ok now that you got that one.. Go get Origin of Symmetry! :D You will love it!

btw.. Anyone know where or how I can get my hands on the Absolution DVD? I live in the US so I can't play the european DVDs on my player. Having a hard time finding this..:|

last unicorn said:
I think Showbiz is my favourite Muse album right now, it's their first one and I discovered it last after listening to all their other albums. Unintended is one of my all time favourite songs, great vocals.

I want to see Muse in concert so badly. Anyone know if or when they're touring Europe again?

Depends what part of Europe your in:
24 Oct Forum Copenhagen Copenhagen, Denmark Image:Yes.gif
23 Oct Sentrum Scene Oslo, Norway Image:Yes.gif
21 Oct Hovet Stockholm, Sweden Image:Yes.gif
19 Oct New Arena Saint Petersburg, Russia Image:Yes.gif
17 Oct Old Ice Hall Helsinki, Finland Image:Yes.gif
15 Oct DS Luzhniki Moscow, Russia Image:Yes.gif
13 Oct Kyiv Sports Hall Kyiv, Ukraine Image:Yes.gif
10 Oct Budapest Arena Budapest, Hungary Image:Yes.gif
09 Oct Cibona Hall Zagreb, Croatia Image:Yes.gif
07 Oct Belgrade Sports Hall Belgrade, Serbia Image:Yes.gif
06 Oct Arcul de Triumf Bucharest, Romania Image:Yes.gif
04 Oct Terravibe Athens, Greece

Okay, I may have underestimated my growing love for Muse.

I cranked up Muse on the pod on the way to work. Hummed Muse all day at work. Cranked up Muse on the pod on the way home from work.

And I think Matt Bellamy is my new rock star crush. :love:

U2democrat said:

:sad:

Sure it's not the calliber of their most recent stuff, but it's still a great song :madspit:

"You could be my unintended
Choice to live my life extended

You could be the one I'll always love
You could be the one who listens
To my deepest inquisitions
You could be the one I'll always love"

:yuck:

almost as bad as invincible :barf:

When have lyrics been Muse's strongsuit?

I think it's blowing your balls off and melting face. For the ladies, it's just the latter.

xaviMF22 said:

"You could be my unintended
Choice to live my life extended

You could be the one I'll always love
You could be the one who listens
To my deepest inquisitions
You could be the one I'll always love"

:yuck:

almost as bad as invincible :barf:

if it was a badass rocker song you wouldnt even notice those lyrics as being bad. really I think they're fine. Cliche perhaps but kind of sweet. The song itself though is a bit meh. The one thing that tends to bore me about Muse is any of their ballads...though I have a newfound appreciation for Invincible after seeing it live.

but yeah Muse is definitely about rocking the fuck out. and Matt Bellamy singing like a ghost. Still I think most of their lyrics are decent at least, some are even good. They're not horrifically bad like Coldplay's.

I'm with the rocking out. From what I've heard so far, I'm not a big a fan of their slower stuff. I don't think Take a Bow counts, because it's just so full of awesome. I do like Sing For Absolution, but not nearly as much as the hard-rockin' stuff.

:rockon:

Am I the only motherfucker that likes the song "Glorious"??? I love the guitar, it kind of moves me. I am not saying it's a great song, but, I do love that guitar part.

I likes me some Sing for Absolution, too. Man, so glad I saw them at Lollapalooza. 10 hours of listening to decent or good bands, with some rain tossed in, just to get to some rocking the fuck out.

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
I likes me some Sing for Absolution, too. Man, so glad I saw them at Lollapalooza. 10 hours of listening to decent or good bands, with some rain tossed in, just to get to some rocking the fuck out.

Lolla was amazing :drool: lots of cool bands but i definitely went primarily for MUSE. so worth it.

Just got my hands on the torrent for Reading Festival 8-24-2002!

OMG... excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<<listening to it now! :D :drool:

Muse

August 24, 2002

Reading Festival, Reading, UK

01. New Born
02. Space Dementia
03. Micro Cuts
04. Dead Star
05. Citizen Erased
06. Sunburn
07. Feeling Good