Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THESE GUYS ARE BLOODY BRILLIANT.. SHOW WAS AMAZING..!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

I am butt tired and was able to get some pretty good pics (dead center 2nd row).. I will post them this weekend..

here's the setlist from the VA show:

Knights of Cydonia
Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
City of Delusion
Butterflies & Hurricanes (CO2)
Apocalypse Please
Riff + Feeling Good
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born + riffs
Man of Mystery
Bliss (extended) + Balloons
-------------------------------------
Plug In Baby
Stockholm Syndrome (CO2)

U2Fanatic4ever said:
here's the setlist from the VA show:

Knights of Cydonia
Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro
Hysteria
Supermassive Black Hole
City of Delusion
Butterflies & Hurricanes (CO2)
Apocalypse Please
Riff + Feeling Good
Invincible
Starlight
Time Is Running Out
New Born + riffs
Man of Mystery
Bliss (extended) + Balloons
-------------------------------------
Plug In Baby
Stockholm Syndrome (CO2)

That does seem really short. Glad you had a good time though. :up:

Got it!

01. Knights of Cydonia
02. Map of the Problematique
03. Hysteria
04. Supermassive Black Hole
05. City of Delusion
06. Butterflies and Hurricanes
07. Hoodoo
08. Apocalypse Please
09. Feeling Good
10. Sunburn
11. Invincible
12. Starlight
13. Time is Running Out
14. Newborn
17. Plug In Baby (Balloons)

15. Soldier's Poem
16. Unintended
18. Stockholm Syndrome
19. Take a Bow

U2Fanatic4ever said:

that setlist isn't from the VA show...

Only 16 or 17 songs- no wonder it seemed to fly by (like 90 or 100 minutes). I could pretty much walk around the seated area and sit wherever I wanted.

ntalwar said:

Only 16 or 17 songs- no wonder it seemed to fly by (like 90 or 100 minutes). I could pretty much walk around the seated area and sit wherever I wanted.

I know.. :sad: wonder why they shortened it up.. I heard all about the MSG show.. girls in front of me were there and said how amazing it was. Wondering why they didn't end with Take a Bow.. maybe it had something to do with the lyrics.. :shrug:

awesome show anywho...! wish i could catch a couple more but can't this time.. Next tour for sure.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I know.. :sad: wonder why they shortened it up.. I heard all about the MSG show.. girls in front of me were there and said how amazing it was. Wondering why they didn't end with Take a Bow.. maybe it had something to do with the lyrics.. :shrug:

It's nothing new. Muse typically play 16-17 songs (sometimes less than that) at North American gigs. The Toronto and NYC shows showed some promise with 19 song sets, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to play condensed sets for the rest of the tour.

I still need to find a concert buddy for the 9/9 concert. I put up a posting on the classifieds section on our work intranet today. Hopefully someone will bite. I'd rather not go to Craigslist. That place scares me a little. :(

corianderstem said:
I still need to find a concert buddy for the 9/9 concert. I put up a posting on the classifieds section on our work intranet today. Hopefully someone will bite. I'd rather not go to Craigslist. That place scares me a little. :(

cori, I would surely go with ya in a heartbeat if I lived on the west coast.. but unfortunately I don't :sad: Unless you have a private jet you can send my way...:wink:

here some piccies from the VA show that I took..

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

DSCF1651.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

DSCF1643.jpg

that sucks.. wish you could.. cuz they just blew my mind.. First time I have ever seen them and let me tell you its something that you will never forget nor want to miss. Their sound quality, stage performance is SPECTACULAR.. I see why they sold out Wembley both nights.. I think this tour is going to put them over the top for the US cuz reviews I have read from the papers has been pretty good.. Word of mouth is definitely out there...

I have a hard time putting into words the experience, time I had. All I can say its very similar to a U2 show where you come out there like you just had a religious experience.. it certainly changes ya for the better!

I loved the JFK speech they did at the beginning. Similar to the human rights speech that U2 did during their show.

btw.. for anyone who wants a killer, crystal clear boot of the VA show it's on ZOMB torrents site..

Last edited:
I'd love to hear a recording of Micro Cuts from last night's show in Philly. Gives me hope for new songs to look forward to hearing next month :drool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I loved the JFK speech they did at the beginning. Similar to the human rights speech that U2 did during their show

:yuck: the JFK thing is a buzzkill. At least it's at the beginning of the show so you can quickly dismiss it once Muse starts performing. Then again, I never liked U2's Human Rights segment either.

Last edited:
Queen Bee said:

:yuck: the JFK thing is a buzzkill. At least it's at the beginning of the show so you can quickly dismiss it once Muse starts performing. Then again, I never liked U2's Human Rights segment either.

to each their own I guess.. :shrug: I liked it.. .thought it was cool.. I like the human rights speech too.. but... just IMO...

martha said:

Torrents. :mad:

Nothing wrong with easily downloadable mp3s you know. :mad:

of course.. nothing wrong with mp3s.. never said there were.. If it wasn't for the hubby showing me how I would never be able to figure them out..

not sure why you are :mad:

Woo! Just got my ticket to see Muse in Melbourne on 15 November! :hyper:

I got a pretty good seat in the upper level to the left of stage, which suits me fine - as I'm going alone, a seat is preferable, and as I want a seat, I prefer being up high as I like a broader view. I like Muse, but not enough to do GA, especially not by myself.

How'd the other Melburnians go? Daniel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom