Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total U2 Nut said:
This made me smile;

6ak3zvd.jpg
Hahaha :lol:

Originally posted by annie_vox
At the time I was just "Whatever... I'm going to see Arcade Fire and Bloc Party in a few hours" :hyper:

were they playing the same show? :drool:

i think I have an old magazine with Muse in it from 2004 or whatever, it prolly had U2 on the cover and it was prolly Q or something. I have a rather large stack of U2 magazines :shifty:

Last edited:
AtomicBono said:

were they playing the same show? :drool:

i think I have an old magazine with Muse in it from 2004 or whatever, it prolly had U2 on the cover and it was prolly Q or something. I have a rather large stack of U2 magazines :shifty:

Yes, it was the same show and it was amazing... Klaxons played that day too... It was quite an adventure to go there in the middle of the exames period but it was worth it:drool:

I have a few Muse magazines too... and I wanted to keep that NME with the others... But I'm not that bothered really... If I lost it on another day I'd probably be, but that day was so awsome...

annie_vox said:

Yes, it was the same show and it was amazing... Klaxons played that day too... It was quite an adventure to go there in the middle of the exames period but it was worth it:drool:

wow that's amazing. I don't know much Klaxons but I saw both Arcade Fire and Bloc Party this year :up: (different shows though)

annie_vox said:

I love your avatar by the way:wink:

Matthew talks about Wembley, the crowd reactions, their new popularity in the states and a new album and DVD.

About the States, he says the american crowd seems to enjoy a lot more the heavier stuff, they had an amazing reaction in Texas where the crowd went mental. The states are a great country but the only problem for him is they're still considered as a new band and a lot of people there think Absolution is their first album. He also says Knights Of Cydonia is one of american crowd's favourite and Soldier's Poem who gets good crowd reactions in Europe don't seem to work at all there...
Then Matthew mention the fact they always had the same setlist during the Absolution tour so they tried to mix it a lot more during the current tour, changing order of songs every night.
He says they don't really play Showbiz and OOS stuff in the US (only a couple of songs) compared to Europe where people know well their first 2 albums.
His best memory of the american tour is when they've been stuck in the Yellowstone Park in Wyoming because of the snow and had to stay there for 3 days. They discovered a new face of the USA cause they realised that all this small boring towns had beautiful landscapes and no one to look at...
Then he talks about the food poisoinning with MCR : they did a gig in Virginia, ate after the gig and when they woke up, they were all sick, Matthew thought he was in "28 days later". All Muse's crew got sick, 3 guys of MCR, the tour manager and part of the crew went to the hospital for 6 days. Matthew and Dom went to Columbus where they had nothing to do. They stayed there for a week, waiting everyday to know if they could play or not.
Besides that, Matthew explains MCR are great guys who love their music and went to see them almost every night. According to Matthew they may be the coolest guys they ever tour with in the States.
Matthew's also really pleased to play in the Madison Square Garden cause it's the first time they have the chance to play in such a big place in the States but this doesn't mean for him Muse made it in the US, he considers Muse as a "middle band" in the States.

According to Matt, Dom is the funniest guy in the band cause he always says something to make them laugh. He has a really unique sense of humor, but when you got to know him, he can be really funny and is really sarcastic.
The most serious is Chris or Matthew even if they try to stand back from the tour.

Matthew reveals they're going to release the Wembley and Parc des Princes gigs but he doesn't know yet if they're going to make a DVD focused on only one gig or if they're going to mix highlights of several shows.

Matthew says they didn't shoot any MOTP video but they're thinking of picking a live performance from Wembley or Parc des Princes for the video. Matthew adds nothing's sure at the moment.

Then he talks about a song they would have like to be released as a single but which sounds like Elton Jon. They could release it for a charity or something like that so it won't really be a single linked to an album.
They don't plan to release an EP with bsides and BH&R outtakes and they don't think they're going to release something before next year.
A "BH&R box" (like the French boxes for the previous albums) isn't going to be released either.

For the next album, they'd like to play with an orchestra and they already have few ideas and songs written. They don't really want to play this new stuff live cause when they are recording a new album, the songs previously played live already seem too old for them. But they're not going to work on a new album before next year cause they're currently too busy with the BH&R tour and then, they'll need some rest. They also could release a live record before the next album.
Matthew says he could write a symphony, that's something he'd like to do.
About the next album, they're thinking of producing the next record themselves, in their own studio cause it would allow them to experiment more.
Matthew says he'd also like to produce other bands but now he prefers focusing on Muse.
The journalist asks Matthew if they could do acoustic gigs or an MTV Unplugged and he says he's not sure about that cause it would be a lot of work to rearrange all the songs and they prefer focusing on the next album at the moment.

This was from an interview in a french magazine which someone's translated, just thought I'd share :)

hey i love your avatar too...House :drool:

Good article. A Wembley DVD would be badass. Glad to hear they plan on making an album next year (obviously they wouldn't this year; that would be too much!) and I bet Muse could make good use of an orchestra :up:

Muse is probably the concert I'm most looking forward to, along with Bloc Party. Watching clips on youtube gets me so psyched. They're so badass live and I love the heavier stuff :rockon:

I didn't know they didn't play their earlier stuff in the US... They should!

And we're going to have a new DVD :hyper:

And Matt is thinking about writting a symphony?? :lol: He's crazy... He likes to wind up people...

There's a very fine line that shouldn't be crossed when rock bands take on orchestras. Absolution straddled it perfectly :up:

annie_vox said:
I think it would be good if they made one or two songs with an orchestra... As long as it's not the entire albuum I'll be fine with it ;)

Definitely :up:

The best use of strings in a Muse song is Butterflies & Hurricanes. Sweet Jemimah. :drool:

Saracene said:
Has anyone read the Uncyclopedia entry on Muse? :lol:

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Muse

omg :lmao:

Muse are a progressive symphonic classical alternative cheese methane British alien synth space rock band formed in Teignmouth, Devon, UK in 1994. Or they may be a band from Mars England, called Queen, or even radiohead as has been claimed by notable historian Thom Yorke, OBE. Due to a lack of pretentiousness, a lazy eye, excellent music and rampant psychedelic usage, it is doubtful that they are, in fact, Radiohead. They are only the greatest band ever. To ever come from Britain. After the film Radiohead.

ahahahahhahaha

The media of the day regard Muse as a great live band, and this is shown by the fact that the band have won over two awards since the start of their music career

:lol:

so funny

:lol:

I always have to listen to Muse on the way to work in the mornings a) to wake me up b) to get me driving fast b/c I'm usually running a little late :shifty:

(But I always get to work on time because I'm pushing the speed limits...)

Okay, so I'm quite late to the Muse party - I've heard the odd song and read about them extensively here and elsewhere so decided to go see what the fuss was about and bought their album Black Holes and Revelations today - I love it! :love:
And his voice :drool:

What should be my next purchase? I have a feeling it won't be too long until that occurs....

Thanks!

ladywithspinninghead said:
Okay, so I'm quite late to the Muse party - I've heard the odd song and read about them extensively here and elsewhere so decided to go see what the fuss was about and bought their album Black Holes and Revelations today - I love it! :love:
And his voice :drool:

What should be my next purchase? I have a feeling it won't be too long until that occurs....

Thanks!

Origin of Symmetry

the best thing they have ever done..and will probably ever do :(

I dunno I prefer Absolution

its all about HYSTERIA :rockon:

Seriously I'd take Absolution over Origin of Symmetry; they're both badass crazy awesome though

i need to get Showbiz

I need to not spend all my money on iTunes and concert tickets

AtomicBono said:
I dunno I prefer Absolution

its all about HYSTERIA :rockon:

Seriously I'd take Absolution over Origin of Symmetry; they're both badass crazy awesome though

i need to get Showbiz

I need to not spend all my money on iTunes and concert tickets

New Born > Hysteria :wink:

I'm assuming Hysteria is the name of the song and not the album? :reject:

I think I'll get both - Origin of Symmetry and Hysteria - HMV has good deals on the purchase of two albums...

My English friend just gave me a hard time for not having looked into this band before (I used to live in the UK and had my eye on the ball so he's disappointed to say the least!); according to him, the two bands I need to check out are Muse and Arctic Monkeys (I've heard more of their stuff than Muse)

Thanks for your input!

By the way, I couldn't sleep last night because I had their album - Black Holes and Revelations - on repeat on my Ipod...Wow, brilliant stuff :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom