Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't finished my previous post since my sister chased me off the internet:

With Radiohead, I feel that their music, whether it's mellow or harder, always has a subtlety to it which, in my view, makes it completely incompatible with "rocking out". Also, I think that their music is quite cerebral and never really feels like it's coming from the gut if that makes sense. Whereas Muse for most of the time are about as subtle as a sledgehammer and their music is IMO much more visceral.

I think that Unintended is pretty meh. Sappy lyrics don't bug me that much though; I think in general that Matt's lyrics range from average to rubbish and I mostly listen to vocals as if they were just another instrument. Especially since, thanks to his habit of drawing out the vowels like rubberbands, I can't discern what's he's on about most of time anyway, :mac:

And oh yeah, I'd totally replace Small Print with Fury.

Saracene said:
Watching Chris for too long almost makes me motion-sick... I have no idea how he doesn't get dizzy, :huh:

I really want to know his secret

I tried to do some headbanging like he does... but almost ended up injuring myself :wink:

annie_vox said:
:lol: Chris is amazing... Unfortunatelly I think non fans don't notice him that much (and I don't think he cares...).

too bad cause he is a fantastic bass player

one of the best out there :drool:

Aw man. I so desperately want to see Muse live. Why can't they do a show in Nova Scotia or something?

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Nova Scotia?? are you that far up north?? brrrrrrr...

I'm actually even further north. Newfoundland. But no-one ever comes here. My sister and her friends are all hyped up because they're going to see Nickleback in a couple of days. :happy: Can you believe that? Newfoundland is forced to lap up the shit bands that the rest of the world has shunned. The White Stripes are the first decent band to come here since...well, ever. I still can't believe they're coming here. If I wasn't staring at the tickets right now, I'd think I was imagining it all.

GibsonGirl said:

I'm actually even further north. Newfoundland. But no-one ever comes here. My sister and her friends are all hyped up because they're going to see Nickleback in a couple of days. :happy: Can you believe that? Newfoundland is forced to lap up the shit bands that the rest of the world has shunned. The White Stripes are the first decent band to come here since...well, ever. I still can't believe they're coming here. If I wasn't staring at the tickets right now, I'd think I was imagining it all.

move to the U.S with me Steph :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

If I paid Nickelback to pay in my backyard they'd play there. I'm sure they're worried their 15 minutes is almost over.

If they did play in my backyard, I'm not sure if I'd kill them or myself first. I'm about 100% positive they're made out of the same material as the T-1000 frim Terminator 2.

xaviMF22 said:

move to the U.S with me Steph :wink:

Perhaps this should be arranged. :sexywink: God, our children would be so confused. :lol: Two immigrant parents, one with a South American accent and the other with a South African accent. But at least they'd grow up well-versed in all things Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

According to a survey, I have a Midland accent, so there wouldn't be much child confusion here. :flirt:

Except of course Steph, I'd have to have you re-enact scenes from Lethal Weapon 2 with me.

LemonMacPhisto said:

If I paid Nickelback to pay in my backyard they'd play there. I'm sure they're worried their 15 minutes is almost over.

If they did play in my backyard, I'm not sure if I'd kill them or myself first. I'm about 100% positive they're made out of the same material as the T-1000 frim Terminator 2.

Nickleback would probably play for geriatrics at a retirement home if they thought they could get away with it. Once you hit the age of 80, throwing rocks at incompetent lead singers becomes slightly more difficult. And I'm sure you'd die first. Remember that scene in Mars Attacks! when the boy with the unsightly haircut started playing his grandmother's music and the martians' heads exploded? That would be you.

But back to Muse! The transition between Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts is absolutely perfect, yes or no?

GibsonGirl said:

Perhaps this should be arranged. :sexywink: God, our children would be so confused. :lol: Two immigrant parents, one with a South American accent and the other with a South African accent. But at least they'd grow up well-versed in all things Radiohead and Pink Floyd.

Children?? :crazy:

I ask you to move in with me...and you're already thinking about children.. :tsk:

:sexywink:

GibsonGirl said:

Nickleback would probably play for geriatrics at a retirement home if they thought they could get away with it. Once you hit the age of 80, throwing rocks at incompetent lead singers becomes slightly more difficult. And I'm sure you'd die first. Remember that scene in Mars Attacks! when the boy with the unsightly haircut started playing his grandmother's music and the martians' heads exploded? That would be you.

I agree, but I am not a martian. :wink:

Oh lord let's not get into Nickleback in this thread...:barf:

I've wondered the same thing about Chris...the way he bangs his head like that its a wonder he doesn't have whiplash after every show :huh:

GibsonGirl said:

But back to Muse! The transition between Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts is absolutely perfect, yes or no?

Yes! I always listen to those two together... Same with Sing For Absolution -> Stockholm.
I'd love to see Micro Cuts live:sad:

Just one more thing about Nikleback... They didn't finished the show when they came here because of "audience trouble". I wasn't there but apparently it was really bad... Poor guys:wink:

:giggle:

GibsonGirl said:

sorry for your predictment..:hug: I feel your pain..

I'll tell you what.. when it comes to shit bands (excluding U2 and Pearl Jam) Hawaii takes the cake too! Nobody worth listening to goes there. I lived there for four years and it was hell not being able to see a decent band :mad: I lived there from 1998 to 2002 and boy let me tell you I was so so glad to leave that island..

U2democrat said:
Oh lord let's not get into Nickleback in this thread...:barf:

I've wondered the same thing about Chris...the way he bangs his head like that its a wonder he doesn't have whiplash after every show :huh:

He probably drinks a lot before the show, he'd feel it in the morning though:cool:

That or genetically enhanced neck muscles:shrug:

GibsonGirl said:

Citizen Erased is great but Microcuts is the only song I skip every time I listen to OOS. Musically it's ok but while the high-pitched end of Matt's vocals is great in small doses I sure as hell can't stand listening to it for the length of a whole song, :crazy:

Well, I've been saying I want to go to more concerts, and I've been saying I should be more impulsive about such things.

That being said, I just bought 2 tickets to see Muse in Seattle on September 9th. Now I just need to find someone to go with me. I don't think any of my friends even knows who Muse is. :hmm:

I'll see Muse at Lollapalooza in August. Like you, I bought 2 tickets, counting on a coworker to want to go, since I'm new to town and all.

Cori, good for you for following through on being more impulsive...when you're at the show, you'll be glad you did. :)

corianderstem said:
Well, I've been saying I want to go to more concerts, and I've been saying I should be more impulsive about such things.

That being said, I just bought 2 tickets to see Muse in Seattle on September 9th. Now I just need to find someone to go with me. I don't think any of my friends even knows who Muse is. :hmm:

I brought a friend who didn't know Muse, now they're one of his favorite bands :up:

I figure I'll find someone at work, or put out a call on Craig's List.

Hey, I also keep telling myself I need to meet new people. As long as they're willing to buy the ticket from me, I'll call them "friend." :wink:

I decided on the lower arena seats ... GA feels like such a hassle, and I'll only put myself through that for my beloved U2.

This made me smile;

6ak3zvd.jpg

corianderstem said:

Pay for my airline ticket, and I will gladly go see Muse with you. :wink:

The things that happen to me...

About a week and a half ago I bought the NME that had Muse on the cover. It's difficult to get that magazine in Portugal but I found it on a big magazine store and, of course, I bought it... The thing is, with the exams and all I didn't have time to read it so I decided to take it on the train to the Arcade Fire concert last Thursday (it takes 3hours to go to Lisbon by train). I was so anxious about Arcade Fire that I didn't have patience to read the interview and not even the other oarts of the magazine that I wanted to read (there was also a White Stripes article that was probably interesting). So, because I get so nervous and so dumb before concerts I left the stupid magazine on the train :mad:
At the time I was just "Whatever... I'm going to see Arcade Fire and Bloc Party in a few hours" :hyper: But now I want the magazine! This is so stupid... And I really wanted to keep it... at last I have the CD.

Sorry, but I had to let this out:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom