Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm literally eating popcorn reading this, no need for the cheap imitation smiley. Plus, Muse rules!

San Dimas High School football rules!

I've yet to listen to Showbiz properly. I'm still not quite used to Matt's voice on that album, it hasn't matured yet and IMO sounds quite thin and harsh in comparison to the later stuff.

I wonder if years later he's going to look back on these albums and say "oh jeeeez I sang like a girl", :) Kinda like Bono and U2's early albums.

AtomicBono said:
guuuuuuuuuyssss i bought my Saturday ticket to Lollapalooza :drool:

I need to get Showbiz. It's not on iTunes :mad:

:drool: Lucky - and though I don't think Showbiz is as polished as their other albums, there really are some brilliant songs on there :up: Muscle Museum, Sunburn, Escape etc.

Oh, I found the mp3 of Microcuts (from Wembley);

http://www.sousous.org/MuseWembley/Muse160607_MicroCuts

"Thanks for making us the first artist to sell out Wembley fucking stadium" :love: I've never heard him talk so much at a gig.

The insults and "showgayship" junk needs to stop, please. Don't make me so evil that I have to shut down a Muse thread, for cryin' out loud.

I'm really into Fury latelly... I listen to it over and over again.
And speaking about showbiz, in my opinion the "pearl" of that album is "Showbiz" (the song:wink: ). And live at reading:drool: :drool:

And thanks for the mp3 Total_U2_Nut;)

Last edited:
Anybody know if there is any good bootlegs video or audio of the wembley gigs?

Good quality :up: But I didn't downloaded the first one yet...

Very good vrsions, but I was expecting more of Citizen Erased... Maybe more beautiful guitar solo... Maybe with image it will sound better;) (and people shouldn't start clapping in the first slow part:wink: )

Sing For Absolution sounds amazing and Microcuts:drool:

Ok...

My wife and I have just found out we are in NYC when Muse will be there in August! How exciting! We have seen them a couple of times here is Australia and they are brilliant live.

I was suprised to see the show at MSG. Are they that big in America? Or is this a little ambitious for them right now?

I'd say a show like MSG would probably draw their hardcore fans from around the country, but I wouldn't see them doing a major headlining tour selling out arenas like U2...yet.

Did someone mention Showbiz?

The general impression I get from most Muse fans is that Showbiz is a bit under par. Kind of like their very own Pablo Honey. I've never been able to understand that. Okay, so I might be a bit biased... Showbiz was the first Muse album I bought. I think it was in 2004 or 2005 that I got it. A lot of people I knew online were talking about the band, and I thought, hmm, maybe I'll check these guys out. And without asking for recommendations, I decided I'd start from the beginning. After a brief 'getting used to it' period, I quickly found that I'd fallen head over heels for Showbiz. There are some truly amazing songs on that album. Showbiz, Fillip, Cave, Muscle Museum, Sober and Hate This & I'll Love You rank all the way up there for me. It's a very dark album, and I think that's what I love most about it.

So really, if you're a fan and you haven't warmed up to Showbiz, I say just give it a chance.

:huh: oy vey mama.. the people on the Muse boards are nuts.. I tell ya..
There is a thread for the show in Fairfax, VA (which is titled Washington, DC...wtf chuck?) .. People in there are talking about lining up at 5am the day of the show.. Are they insane? wtf? I mean they aren't that big here in the US as they are in Europe. I know there is a good following here but....hey they aren't U2 or Radiohead you know..:|

Anyone care to fill me in on something I maybe missing. Would love to hear it..

U2democrat said:
5am??? They're crazy. There's no need to wait in line that long.

I know.. I just couldn't get over it.. It had me scratching my head..

I was quite perplexed by it so I got gutsy and posted this reply in the thread..

I seriously don't see why the need for lining up that early (this isn't a U2 show). I know they have a strong following here in the US but not as big as in Europe for sure.. I have been to the patriot center for concerts before for some big name bands as big as Muse and no one lined up that early. Last show I went to there, I got there at around 1pm and there was maybe 5 to 10 people there at most. I mean, I just went to the Keane show at the 930 club which is tiny (holds maybe 1,000 to 2,000) people and I lined up at 1pm and there were only 3 people in front of me and I got dead center rail for that.

and why is this thread titled Washington DC... when the venue/show is in Fairfax, VA?

:reject: I wonder how bad I am gonna get flamed for that post.. :hmm:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I know.. I just couldn't get over it.. It had me scratching my head..

I was quite perplexed by it so I got gutsy and posted this reply in the thread..

I seriously don't see why the need for lining up that early (this isn't a U2 show). I know they have a strong following here in the US but not as big as in Europe for sure.. I have been to the patriot center for concerts before for some big name bands as big as Muse and no one lined up that early. Last show I went to there, I got there at around 1pm and there was maybe 5 to 10 people there at most. I mean, I just went to the Keane show at the 930 club which is tiny (holds maybe 1,000 to 2,000) people and I lined up at 1pm and there were only 3 people in front of me and I got dead center rail for that.

and why is this thread titled Washington DC... when the venue/show is in Fairfax, VA?

:reject: I wonder how bad I am gonna get flamed for that post.. :hmm:

prepared to be flamed :evil:

and I kind of disagree with you

people are allowed to go *mad* when they want to for their favorite band

.......yes even if it means standing in line that early:shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

prepared to be flamed :evil:

and I kind of disagree with you

people are allowed to go *mad* when they want to for their favorite band

.......yes even if it means standing in line that early:shrug:

i understand that.. and there is nothing wrong with it for the hardcore folks but.. I just think it's a little much..

I have seen some big bands there and there weren't people lined up at 5am.. to each their own I guess. :shrug:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

i understand that.. and there is nothing wrong with it for the hardcore folks but.. I just think it's a little much..

I have seen some big bands there and there weren't people lined up at 5am.. to each their own I guess. :shrug:

:up:

but believe when RH announce their next tour

I'll camp out for weeks :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

I'd totally line up at 5am if it meant I'd get to be front row center again. There is nothing like having Matt perform solos a couple of feet away from you. Nothing.

My first Muse show in 2004 was the best experience I've ever had in a GA line. My sister and I got to the venue at 5pm and were completely alone until fans showed up about 15 minutes prior to the doors opening at 7pm. At 5:30 or so the club's staff opened the doors while Muse rehearsed a majority of their set. We weren't allowed to go in and we couldn't see the band, but we were standing right by the doors so we got to hear everything clearly. That was awesome pre-show entertainment, especially when Matt goofed off on his piano when they rehearsed Apocalypse Please.

Man, those were the days :drool:

Queen Bee said:

I'd totally line up at 5am if it meant I'd get to be front row center again. There is nothing like having Matt perform solos a couple of feet away from you. Nothing.

My first Muse show in 2004 was the best experience I've ever had in a GA line. My sister and I got to the venue at 5pm and were completely alone until fans showed up about 15 minutes prior to the doors opening at 7pm. At 5:30 or so the club's staff opened the doors while Muse rehearsed a majority of their set. We weren't allowed to go in and we couldn't see the band, but we were standing right by the doors so we got to hear everything clearly. That was awesome pre-show entertainment, especially when Matt goofed off on his piano when they rehearsed Apocalypse Please.

Man, those were the days :drool:

I hear ya on that. Can totally relate to the experience you described. But this venue is totally different and f'd up in the way they let people in. Being there early does not guarantee you a dead center spot on the rail. I saw the Killers there back in April and I was in line by about 3pm. When I arrived there was maybe 10 people there. The girls that were first in line didn't get dead center either because of the way they let people in. I was able to get rail but not center.. and left side of stage. Which was totally fine with me of course.

I lined up at 5 am for U2 but I agree that I wouldn't think Muse would have a hardcore enough following for that to be necessary...I mean when I lined up at 5:00 for U2 there were already at least 60 people in front of me :lol:

probably there will be a small cluster of Muse fans that get there very early and everyone else will get there early evening :wink:

im seeing them at Lolla so I have no delusions of being up front, especially since I'll be seeing Spoon right before Muse starts... I'm mad Muse is playing the same time as Interpol :madwife: but I'm seeing Interpol in Indy already (GA woo!) and it seems Muse is by far the better live act anyway.

Queen Bee said:
Wait, so how do they let people in? Why isn't it first come, first serve? :huh:

because there are at least 4 lines being let in at the same time at one entrance on a certain side of the building. :mad: that's why. And they divide each of those lines up into 2 (one line for men, the other for women).. and guess what.. the line for the women is 10 x longer than the men!!!!!! I was hella pissed that day.. I understand that they have to pat people down..but why not do that before the lines are let in.. they have the staff to do it..who are just standing there several minutes before they let us in.

I am going to the Muse show there in august and am dreading that part of the day..:huh:

5am seems a bit extreme but I think that, for some people, lining up early for their favourite band holds a certain romantic allure that has nothing to do with practicality, :wink:

If Muse come around to Melbourne again I definitely want a closer spot; I showed up too late at the Festival Hall concert and my best view of the band was when Matt stood on the white piano when performing Take A Bow.

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:
Did someone mention Showbiz?

The general impression I get from most Muse fans is that Showbiz is a bit under par. Kind of like their very own Pablo Honey. I've never been able to understand that. Okay, so I might be a bit biased... Showbiz was the first Muse album I bought. I think it was in 2004 or 2005 that I got it. A lot of people I knew online were talking about the band, and I thought, hmm, maybe I'll check these guys out. And without asking for recommendations, I decided I'd start from the beginning. After a brief 'getting used to it' period, I quickly found that I'd fallen head over heels for Showbiz. There are some truly amazing songs on that album. Showbiz, Fillip, Cave, Muscle Museum, Sober and Hate This & I'll Love You rank all the way up there for me. It's a very dark album, and I think that's what I love most about it.

So really, if you're a fan and you haven't warmed up to Showbiz, I say just give it a chance.

I would say it's a better debut than Pablo Honey. I's probably there most straight rock album I think...anyway's I still enjoy it quite a lot, considering it came out in 1999, I must have heard it around 2001 for the first time...it has stood up pretty well for me.

Debut albums tend to be unfairly ignored a lot, by bands and fans in general, even if the musicianship isn't up to the standard of later albums, the kernel of good songs are generally there in some bands debuts that if they did actually play them live could be awesome. I'm just glad Muse still through in the odd Sunburn or Muscle Museum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom