Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canadiens1160 said:
Fair enough. Can Raidohead make a record like Absolution?

:wink:

muse1gl8.jpg

ohh you :wink:

Muse are a great live band....fucking amazing

far more energy than a Radiohead show.

heck even a U2 show :up:

but they still haven't made a a record as good as OKC or Kid A

and Absolution is filled with filler material :tsk:

the last 4 songs are shite

xaviMF22 said:

and Absolution is filled with filler material :tsk:

the last 4 songs are shite
NOOOOOO!

*puts hands over ears and listens to Thoughts of A Dying Atheist*

Canadiens1160 said:
NOOOOOO!

*puts hands over ears and listens to Thoughts of A Dying Atheist*

I don't like that one :p

Stockholm Syndrome made me jealous of Muse :whistle:

Falling away with you :yuck:

I really really don't undersatand why people keep comparing Muse to Radiohead... Honestly I don't.

I didn't know Radiohead when I started listening to Muse and when I heard all those things people say about Matt sounding a lot like Thom York and trying to be like him, I decided to listen to Radiohead, so I could have an opinion. Now I love Radiohead too, but I don't know where all those steatments come from.
Maybe Showbiz reminds a little but Origin Of Symetry? Absolution? Please... Maybe it's because both bands are depressing but even in that they're different. Radiohead makes me want to jump from a brigde while Muse makes me want to break everything.
I never saw Radiohead live but from the dvds I think they're live performance is very very different from Muse.
The strange thing is that everyone seems to talk about this, so can anyone explain to me where it started? Was it the voice? They both have Buckley's influences, but stil they're very different. The piano? I'd really like to know...

my main beef with Muse is their music can get very tiring :down:

I mean I can get sick of Matt Bellamy's end of- the -world.. apocalyptic bullshit :tsk:

and Matt's lyrics are awful :yuck:

he tries too hard :tsk:

but other than that

headbanging fun :up:

annie_vox said:
I really really don't undersatand why people keep comparing Muse to Radiohead... Honestly I don't.

Songs with a piano sound like Coldplay because Coldplay use a piano most of the time.

Songs sung by a lead singer with a high, reedy voice sound like Radiohead, because Thom Yorke has a high, reedy voice.

Coldplay sounds like U2 because their guitar player plays notes high up on the guitar neck repeatedly.

I'm telling you Annie, everyone's a musicologist :up:

Falsetto is also reserved as a trademark by a few select singers. And they're all in mainstream rock for some reason.

xaviMF22 said:
together we're invincible :rolleyes:

fix me Matt Bellamy :pray:
Tom Morello-esque guitar solo makes up for the lyrics.

OH MY GOD MUSE IS COPYING RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!1

They're compared because half of Absolution sounds like a bad karaoke version of Paranoid Android. :drool:

Canadiens1160 said:
Tom Morello-esque guitar solo makes up for the lyrics.

OH MY GOD MUSE IS COPYING RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!1

THE ZETAS ARE IN THE SKIES!!!

OH NOES!!!

THE END OF THE WORLD!!

BRING DOWN DEMONOCRACY :crazy:

Kill Bush :wink:

Basic Matt Bellamy songwriting :tsk:

Lance and Melon, shouldn't you two be back in the Radiohead thread crying yourselves to sleep? Or is that the Coldplay thread, I can't remember :(

Canadiens1160 said:

Songs with a piano sound like Coldplay because Coldplay use a piano most of the time.

Songs sung by a lead singer with a high, reedy voice sound like Radiohead, because Thom Yorke has a high, reedy voice.

Coldplay sounds like U2 because their guitar player plays notes high up on the guitar neck repeatedly.

I'm telling you Annie, everyone's a musicologist :up:

Falsetto is also reserved as a trademark by a few select singers. And they're all in mainstream rock for some reason.

Coldplay and U2 gets on my nerves too... But at least people don't talk about it all the time. And don't get me wrong, I don't like when Muse fans say that they are better than Radiohead either...

elevated_u2_fan said:
Ladies and Gentleman please!

this can easily settled:

who's got bigger balls?
I think Matt would best Thom in a skinny lead singer slap-fight to be honest.

annie_vox said:
Stockhold Syndrome like Paranoid Android? Hysteria? Don't get me wrong, but I guess you didn't listen to Absolution properly...

srlsy :tsk:

LemonMelon go listen to Bono sing about monkeys

I've created a monster :ohmy:

But HOLY crap the Muse t-shirt and poster I ordered just arrived....and I only ordered them last Wednesday!!! :hyper:

It's actually the wrong poster...but now that I look at it I think I like it better.

This is the one I ordered:
muse-tour-l.jpg

This is the one I got:
muse-live-poster.jpg

I kinda wish you could see Dom's face but what the heck, it's badass :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom