Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All three of their albums are great (Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, Absolution), especially the last 2. However, I would say that Absolution is a little more song-oriented and easier to get into (Origin of Symmetry is more of a concept album). Also, if you are from the US, you have probably only heard Time is Running Out and Hysteria from Absolution.

I'm listening to Absolution now. It's an incredible album, Stockholm Syndrome is amazing.... Hulabaloo is another album, it's alright, but not as good as the other IMO. The live CD is good though.

They have (or should have) a new album coming out in May. I can't wait, I'm definitely going to see them live when they tour :D

As for recommended songs;

Butterflies and Hurricanes - It's a beautiful song, one of the best of Absolution

Citizen Erased - Possibly my favourite Muse song, it's kinda heavy, but that's what makes it good.

and.... The Small Print - Another one from Absolution, it has the most amazing guitar parts...

Their be a couple versions of Hullabaloo...the DVD of a gig in Paris i think it was at the Zenith or whatever it is called, then the CD with a live disc and a second CD which is a collection of early b-sides.

all british singers sound the same

doesnt mean the bands sound the same

Chizip said:
i prefer to listen with my anus
:laugh:

Muse has a few songs that I like, for instance there's a part in Stockholm Syndrome where the backing synth and the vocals and guitar chugachugachuga come together and play one chord differently and it's just :drool: Er, trying to find something else posotive here....

Despite that, and Blackout, I'm kind of tired with catchy synth lines. You could say I'm all Bravery'd out.

Don't miss their live show. I saw em last year and they kicked ass.

Canadiens1160 said:
I'm all falsetto'ed out as well.

I absolutely agree with this. It's time for men to start sounding like...well...men. I don't mind the occasional, well placed falsetto. But it is getting out of control.

It doesn't really matter if Muse sound like Radiohead or not. I still find them very annoying.

Still, don't let that stop you from listening to them. The Muse fans on this board are a good bunch.

I see some people are just in a bad mood because Bono cannot do the falsetto anymore while others can.

yertle-the-turtle said:
It doesn't really matter if Muse sound like Radiohead or not. I still find them very annoying.

lol, why do you find them annoying?

are you 15?
did you miss the Queen boat?
Do you like it when grown men still write as though they are going to high school?

muse is for you!

they have some good music, obviously, but it wears thin to anyone with the slightesy modicum of maturity

muse.jpg

Malone said:
are you 15?
Do you like it when grown men still write as though they are going to high school?

muse is for you!

they have some good music, obviously, but it wears thin to anyone with the slightesy modicum of maturity

I'm sorry, but that's just a very unfortunate blanket statement. But, I'm sure all Muse fans on this board will thank you for calling them immature.

Malone said:
are you 15?

muse is for you!

:eyebrow: they're pretty musically complex actually...and their lyrics aren't bad either. some are better than others, but I wouldn't say they sound like they're written by high schoolers or whatever :huh:

The singer sounds like Yorke, yes, but that's where the similarities to Radiohead end. Muse rocks :rockon: I love the song Citizen Erased. I have a live version that is killer.

Back
Top Bottom