Muse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:

Muse rocks :rockon: I love the song Citizen Erased. I have a live version that is killer.

Oooh, that's one of my favourite Muse songs, is the live version you have the one off Hulabaloo album? 'Cos that's INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to see them live when they tour for the new album. That's if I get tickets. Fingers crossed.

Malone said:
much obliged :)

Do you care to give your reasons for insulting Muse fans whom you do not know, or are you just going to make ridiculous statements and then run away?

Their music and its orchestration have alot of classical (you know, like Mozart classical) influence. The chord progression is very intelligent. Matt's guitar work is extraordinary. Perhaps you haven't met any adult Muse fans?

I think I said it's obvious their music is quite good

I actually own absolution and listen to it from time to time

But lyrics that Morrissey pulled off with grace and a certain 'tongue-in-cheek'ness, muse make sound overly melodramatic.

I was a little harsh earlier
I always get a little uppity when discussing music, especially when a band I don't particularily think is great gets a lot of praise.

clearly, mature adults like Muse.

it is my personal opinion that good hooks do not always make a song

Total U2 Nut said:

Oooh, that's one of my favourite Muse songs, is the live version you have the one off Hulabaloo album? 'Cos that's INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to see them live when they tour for the new album. That's if I get tickets. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I believe it is :drool:

do you know anything about the new album? is it coming out soon? From what few recordings and reviews I've read, it seems that Muse is quite impressive live. I hope they come near Indy!

Malone said:
I was a little harsh earlier
I always get a little uppity when discussing music, especially when a band I don't particularily think is great gets a lot of praise.

it is my personal opinion that good hooks do not always make a song

There is a way of discussing one's opinion without insulting others, you know? On a message board, it's a good idea to consider your audience and make sure you don't step on toes unless you really mean to.

You're right, good hooks do not always equal good music. That can be said for most things in the Top 40, but I don't think that relates to Muse.

This is not to say that I think everyone should like Muse. I don't. But, as a moderator on this forum, I do take exception at needless insulting of other members.

AtomicBono said:

Yes, I believe it is :drool:

do you know anything about the new album? is it coming out soon? From what few recordings and reviews I've read, it seems that Muse is quite impressive live. I hope they come near Indy!

The only thing I know about the new album is that it's meant to come out on May 1st, but it'll probably be later than that 'cos most albums run overtime.

They've won a few awards for their live shows and from reviews I've heard they're incredible. I'm pretty sure they'll do a few shows here in London, so I better make sure I get tickets! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom